Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake Tan!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Originally posted by Placebo
    Ha, are u in university ravenhead ?

No ... finished a couple of years ago...why??

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

If this thread continues any longer existence itself will end.

See what me and me big mouth started bloody well started!

Please feel free to kill me and the yourselves! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

For the love of Jeff:rolleyes:

Personally, I hate the stuff. I can't think of one good reason for a girl to wear fake tan but if you want to look like a muppet, that's your perogative. Just as it's the perogative of gothlings to pale their skin and wear nothing but black. Ye look as stupid as each other but then, who's to say that you don't think I look stupid in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt?

Different strokes etc.

And please girls, can we have less of the "you go girl" nonsense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Sleepy
    right on bro

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Slutmonkey57b

Girls who wear fake tan are classy classy, independant, intelligent women who aren't slappers at all.

And anyone who says different is a soothsayer.

Sooth sooth sooth sooth sooth....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Originally posted by Sleepy
    For the love of Jeff:rolleyes:

Personally, I hate the stuff. I can't think of one good reason for a girl to wear fake tan but if you want to look like a muppet, that's your perogative. Just as it's the perogative of gothlings to pale their skin and wear nothing but black. Ye look as stupid as each other but then, who's to say that you don't think I look stupid in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt?

Different strokes etc.

sleepy... your all missing ravenheads point, hence the arguments.. she agrees with ye on the score of don't slap on orange tan, don't try to overdose yourself in tan when your colouring doesn't suit.. she and myself, were only pointing out that if it is put on properly then it does suit some people, esp, dark haired, dark skinned people.. i would put it on sometimes depending on the clothes i'm wearing and noone notices it even.. and believe me, i have friends who would love to slag ya so it would be said..

Originally posted by Lainey
    sleepy... your all missing ravenheads point, hence the arguments.. she agrees with ye on the score of don't slap on orange tan, don't try to overdose yourself in tan when your colouring doesn't suit.. she and myself, were only pointing out that if it is put on properly then it does suit some people, esp, dark haired, dark skinned people.. i would put it on sometimes depending on the clothes i'm wearing and noone notices it even.. and believe me, i have friends who would love to slag ya so it would be said..

Thanks Lainey, I couldn't have said it better myself.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

that should have been on the Humour Board.
    quite possibly the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

Originally posted by peachypants
    that should have been on the Humour Board.
    quite possibly the funniest thing i've read in a long time.

whys that.. ??? :confused:

Originally posted by Lainey
    whys that.. ??? :confused:

i just found it funny. but i suppose that makes me a big bra-burning, baggy clothes wearing feminist like Seraphina?

thanx for brightening up my day girls.

• Advertisement

i just found it funny. but i suppose that makes me a big bra-burning, baggy clothes wearing feminist like Seraphina?

thanx for brightening up my day girls.

Thats what we're here for ... to amuse & entertain......:p

Originally posted by ravenhead
    Thats what we're here for ... to amuse & entertain......:p

and u do it SO well.

now id rather not be held responsible for starting up this pathetic thread again.

buh-bye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

too late peachypants, i already noticed this :p
    but i suppose that makes me a big bra-burning, baggy clothes wearing feminist like Seraphina?

where did THAT come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Are you gals *still* harping on about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Syke, leave em too it.
    When will *cute* women realise that writing or talking to people about stuff doesn't work, and the only way to resolve issues is in a paddling pool with your skimpiest bikini and lots of lotion.

*sigh*
    some day i hope

Originally posted by Doodee
    Syke, leave em too it.
    When will *cute* women realise that writing or talking to people about stuff doesn't work, and the only way to resolve issues is in a paddling pool with your skimpiest bikini and lots of lotion.

*sigh*
    some day i hope

I'm off to watch Wild Things again......

Originally posted by Seraphina

where did THAT come from?

that wasnt a dig at you seraphina, i was referring to this response made to your comment about how ridiculous the whole thing was and how it píssed you off.
    Originally posted by Ryvita
    I mean we should burn our bras and wear really baggy clothes and stuff. The aim should be to look as unattractive as possible. We won't buy into that crap! I mean like I know being female there's no way I could be interested in my appearence and be taken seriously! Firstly my little brain couldn't handle the pressure of doing two things at once for a start. And you know men probably won't take me serious if I wear fake tan or makeup and try to look well.

and no we're not still harping on about it.......i just thought it was funny.

god. its pretty clear that if women were a seperate race, they would probably have wiped themselves out long ago.

Originally posted by Doodee
    god. its pretty clear that if women were a seperate race, they would probably have wiped themselves out long ago.

im only trying to let seraphina know that i wasnt trying to be offensive to her.

sheesh.....sor-ry!

:p

im only trying to let seraphina know that i wasnt trying to be offensive to her.

sheesh.....sor-ry!

:p

Doodee is First Prime to Seraphina, cross her and incurr his wrath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

While in Liffey Valley on sunday to see Kill Bill 2 i happened to walk past a woman and her boyfriend. as i passed the couple the woman turned to her partner and uttered, "What did they do before fake tan?" This woman is clearly operating on a higher plane than the rest of humanity so i salute you, Fake Tan Girl, where ever you are.

Originally posted by syke
    Doodee is First Prime to Seraphina, cross her and incurr his wrath.

rofl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spudster101

Women could still pull easily enough before fake tan became popular, why not now?

I think a few skin blemishes are sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Whatever ye think girls, fake tan is always noticeable. Yes it works for the purposes of photos but think about it, J Lo looks attractive in most photos you see of her. It's called air-brushing. In person, fake tan is always noticeable and I don't think I know a single guy that likes it on girls.

Fake tan is about as classy as peroxide hair, which itself is about as sexy as a used condom stuck to a carpet. By all means use a light amount of make-up to accentuate what you've got. Plastering foundation over acne doesn't work so why do so many women thing that plastering fake tan over it will? Make-up isn't meant to be a complete face-mask, it's an adornment and at that, one wear the simple rule less is more is VERY true.

A tan, real or otherwise, is not sexy. Neither is bleached blonde hair. Neither are hoop earings, too much jewelry or wearing hooker boots with a short skirt and low-cut top. That's called trashy. It's taking your idea of what's sexy from cheap strippers and whores. Which, lets face it, just aren't sexy. You want sexy? Look at Audrey Hepburn, Gretta Garbo, Brigitte Bardot or in more modern times Ashley Judd, Kiera Knightly or Natalie Portman. What do they all have in common? In a word: class. That's sexy to any man with a brain. If you want a slack jawed yokel, dress trashy, you'll find one soon enough. Want the nice guys to approach you instead of the yokels? If you've enough brains to be classy, you have my point by now. If not, enjoy being a trucker's wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blue cuba

Some fake tan smells like cornflakes - can be off putting in the sack.

Mind you I'd say I don't smell of roses ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

I recommend a trip to China - they love white people there, if you have a tan, you're a peasant.

Originally posted by strawberry
    I recommend a trip to China - they love white people there, if you have a tan, you're a peasant.

Says the girl with the year long tan (thats not an insult :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Ryvita

and u do it SO well.

now id rather not be held responsible for starting up this pathetic thread again.

buh-bye

Maybe you shouldn't take it all so seriously?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Peaches vs Seraphina would be an interesting fight I'm sure :)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Ryvita
    Maybe you shouldn't take it all so seriously?

:rolleyes:

eh who was being serious? i just thought it was funny!

god ya cant say anything on here.

Advertisement