Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating On Girlfreiend/Boyfriend???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by SheroN
    jesus will ye shut the **** up. you come across as being the fonz(with russian mafia connections).

Hey, I've been trying to clear this up/end it for ages.

I'm not the one trying to argue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'd really like to know if anyone else here agrees with me. Just because you haven't cheated, doesn't mean your opinion is worthless on the matter. It's called morality, it's called fidelity. I do not need to have cheated to have an opinion of worth or weight on the matter.

I'm finished with this thread, because Johnny you are a fool without reason.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    My point was simply, you cannot comment on cheating unless you've actually been in a situation where you were given the opportunity to cheat

I could not disagree more with this statement, in fact I consider it very naive

everyone has their own set of morals and principles, lines they have defined out for themselves, which they would not cross because of loosing self respect. I certainly don’t need to have something like the opportunity to cheat to know that I wouldn’t.
    I have set out standards for myself, I believe most people who think about life and their role in it do so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Couldn't have said it better myself Beruthiel

Beruthiel, but you're female!

If you think (the majority of) men actually think like this, you're being very naive!

Get a man drunk in a room with a pretty girl who wants to sleep with him. The vast vast vast majority will not say no when she starts kissing him etc.

And Dr Loon. You continue to choose to misinterpret my words. I never said if you haven't cheated you can't have an opinion on cheating. Please actually read my posts. If you had done so in the first place we wouldn't have had this argument.

EDIT - I would like to add that the vast majority of men do not spend most of their day talking on the internet. Interpret this as you please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm finished dealing with you on this thread Johnny. I'd like to thank Beruthiel and Monty for backing up my point somewhat. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Beruthiel, but you're female!

and that has got what to do with the price of turnips?

If you think (the majority of) men actually think like this, you're being very naive

perhaps I just choose to be with men who use their brain as opposed to their dicks, and yes, they do exist despite what you think, I have spent the past twenty years in their company so I feel I can speak with some experience in that area, also you seem to be tarring every man with your brush, this I consider to be naive, perhaps it just makes you feel more comfortable with your choosen lifestyle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    and that has got what to do with the price of turnips?

If you think (the majority of) men actually think like this, you're being very naive

perhaps I just choose to be with men who use their brain as opposed to their dicks, and yes, they do exist despite what you think, I have spent the past twenty years in their company so I feel I can speak with some experience in that area, also you seem to be tarring every man with your brush, this I consider to be naive, perhaps it just makes you feel more comfortable with your choosen lifestyle?

Being a woman I really do find this hard to believe - I'm sorry... But It's happened to me too many times that crap comes back to you when a relationship ends.. Thats when you find out what really went on when you were with someone.... Maybe these guys have just been very good at hiding it from you... Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Johnny, i believe that you are the only Naive person.
    If you believe that the majority of Men would infact do that, then you dont know the majority of men.

You're coming off as a wannabe spokesperson for the men of the world.
    Also, I dont see how someone being on teh net around this time has anything to do with being Majorly male or not. It seems like a very very lame attempt to imply them to be nerds.

You should stop talking before you contradict yourself any more.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

maybe you're just a foolish cynic?

(edit)

god damnit doodee you son of a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Pfft, not my fault your keyboards too wobbly :D

Originally posted by ravenhead
    Being a woman I really do find this hard to believe - I'm sorry... But It's happened to me too many times that crap comes back to you when a relationship ends.. Thats when you find out what really went on when you were with someone.... Maybe these guys have just been very good at hiding it from you... Just a thought

no raven
    I was talking about men who act like 'grown ups'
    perhaps you attract the assholes? there are plenty, and depending on the signals you send out, that's what you will attract back
    eg
    my cousins father is an alcoholic, even though she doesn't want to, she always seems to end up with ones that are exactly the same as him - it's a known fact you attract what you are 'comfortable' with, be that a good or bad thing

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    I'm finished dealing with you on this thread Johnny. I'd like to thank Beruthiel and Monty for backing up my point somewhat. Cheers.

Sorry, but they didn't actually back you up. All your arguments were based on things I never actually said.

Beruthiel - all men are the same. Some just hide it better or live in denial. The people who think most men do_not think with their dicks... what world do you live in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

lock this ****ing ****. shut up for **** sake. jesus ****ing christ. Go on trisha or something....eat ****.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    ang on....

Is that a long way of calling raven an asshole? or an alcho?

Im all confussed'd now.

I'd hope not - just because I didn't agree with her - I'm not saying that all men are the same - all I'm saying is that is very hard to beleive that not one of the men that She knows has cheated on her or been tempted to do so.....

Is that a long way of calling raven an asshole? or an alcho?

lol
    not at all mercie
    in fact, that cousin I was talking about is one of the nicest girls you are likely to meet, she just seems to attract one asshole alco after another, they all treat her like ****, tis an awful shame

JV
    I'm finished my banter with you, you live in your little bubble, I'll live in mine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've avoided this thread for long enough ...

JV, who asked you to speak on my behalf? Because you most certainly do not, and I'll object to being tarred such. And before you say "I wasn't talking about 'YOU' specifically" let me refresh your memory:

Beruthiel - all men are the same. Some just hide it better or live in denial. The people who think most men do_not think with their dicks... what world do you live in?

I can cite you instances where I've walked away ....... both sober & drunk. So take both the "hiding it" and the "denial" bullsh*t and shove it all where the sun don't shine :mad:

all I'm saying is that is very hard to beleive that not one of the men that She knows has cheated on her or been tempted to do so.....

honey, there's a HUGE difference between tempted and cheating....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

johnny i'll sum up what most of the others on this thread are saying: you're full of ****e.

Lads, lads... there will always be instances where you will walk away.

But given the proper circumstances/mental state you may wander.

What about when you're about to break up? And you sleep with someone else. This is common.

Is it cheating? Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Beruthiel - all men are the same. Some just hide it better or live in denial.

Please, would you get a clue? Just because you'd cheat on all your girlfriends doesn't mean everyone else would. Some men have morals and respect for their partners.

I haven't been cheated on, I don't go out with the type of guys that would cheat on me. Of course men look at other women, but it takes a bit of a scumbag to go out and do the dirty on his woman.

WTF? I never said I cheat on all my girlfriends.

I said... MOST men... normal men... would cheat given the right circumstances (maybe they are drunk/lonely/unhappy in their relationship etc.)

Live in denial if you want.

pseudointellectual.jpg

tirelessrebutter.jpg
    yadda yadda yadda waffle waffle *cough B*llocks cough*

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    honey, there's a HUGE difference between tempted and cheating....

I agree with you on this one .. but didnt you say that the men that you assoicated with didnt think with their dicks??? Surely even being tempted is thinking that way???

I agree with you on this one .. but didnt you say that the men that you assoicated with didnt think with their dicks??? Surely even being tempted is thinking that way???

*sigh*

If your b/f mentioned in passing that some girl in a magazine looked hot, would you dump him there and then?

There is a colossal difference between "thinking" and "doing", which should be fairly f*cking obvious .......

Lemming. What I'm saying is pretty basic.

Ask some people in your local pub.

• Advertisement

Instead of creating a false example, go through my posts and try to back up your point.

no johnny... what you did was make a general are wipish statement.. got pulled on it.. tried to back up said staement.. got pulled on it.. tried to back it up with even more arse wipedniess and got pulled on it.. and now you are continuing to try and back up said rubbish with an expansion that is true along the line of..

Allow me to show you..

Johnny...."Most men are killers"

Everyone else..."No"

Johnny.."But you lot are not listening to me ..what I said is that if 4 blokes tortured a bloke and killed all his family and then raped his dog..and he had the chance to kill the all...he would..."

..kinda thing....

Go home Johnny.

Rest yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement