Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating On Girlfreiend/Boyfriend???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

No, you're choosing to not understand my responses. When you've calmed down re-read them.

I never said if you haven't cheated you are not sexually experienced. I said, again, I'll say it slowly, if you are not sexually experienced you cannot comment on what it is like to cheat or be tempted to cheat.

Why are you so angry? THIS IS A FORUM ON THE INTERNET, IT'S NOT REAL LIFE.

Chill.
    Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Hold on. You're pretty much saying here, that if you haven't cheated you're not sexually experienced?!?! Or can't comment on it? Why can't I comment

I can't tell you what it's like to cheat, because I don't believe in cheating. It's just being a wanker to another person as far as I'm concerned. However, this does not indicate my experience in any way.

Each post you make, makes you sound more idiotic than the last. You should give up. You cannot categorically say what experience most users have. BANG. Simple as that. If you believe you can, you're a bigger fool than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Johnny Versace

Why are you so angry? THIS IS A FORUM ON THE INTERNET, IT'S NOT REAL LIFE.

Are you telling me your words mean nothing? Are you not real? Some kind of "robot", who is getting upset by my questions? It may be a "forum" on the "internet", but you are still speaking/typing are you not? If I was speaking to you in the pub, my answers would be the same.

Also, on this forum thing - are you saying that if someone is sexually inexperienced that they cannot hold a view point on cheating? Seems pretty stupid to me. Does that make sense to you????? Didn't think so.

I'll catch up on your blathering tomorrow. I'm going out to "The real world".

You're arguing for no reason now. Or trolling. I'm not sure which.

It is entertaining though :D

Now back to the original topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Oh no please...

Please don't stop..

This to and fro betwixt you two reminds me of this sex thing I've been hearing so much about.

Actually, how could I have heard about it... since these two appear to have invented it?

<post implodes due to paradox>

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

if you are not sexually experienced you cannot comment on what it is like to cheat or be tempted to cheat.

Im not really sure what you mean by this. if someone is not that experienced it still wont stop him feeling tempted to cheat. the feeling is always there it doesnt really have much to do with experience it just has to do with morals. I agree if someone has practically no experience at all then they probably wont ever think of chaeting and therefore cant really comment on it. I still think its just a moral question and evrybody has their morals

• Advertisement

OK, but how can you be tempted to cheat if you have no sexual experience??

Sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ok when you say inexperienced do you mean no experience at all?? what do you mean by inexperienced than i can understand you better

Sorry yes, I mean no sexual experience.

Maybe this is where all the confusion has been. Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by tman
    then again, i haven't really been in the situation to test my moral fortitiude recently:dunno:

i hear that.

what i wudnt give to be in the position to cheat as often as your casanova self johnny.

you people who are in and out of relationships have it so good. then you go and fudge it up by cheating.

ah well, i guess you dont know what u got till its gone. when your supplies of potential mates dry up, then you wont cheat.

ok then now i agree with you. yeah your right if someone has no experience then they cant comment because they dont no what its like to be tempted to cheat.

I think alot of people were misunderstanding you nout the whole inexperienced thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭IDM

Ok ... related question:

What would upset you more ... ?

-Your significant other getting so drunk/high on a particular outing that they cheat on you. Not with a stranger, say, but someone they would probably like to cheat on you with but don't because they usually have morals.

ooor ...

-Your significant other getting with someone knowing full well what they were doing.

I know this seems kind of dumb at first. And most people will say the former, hands down. But I reckon it'd almost upset me more if my girlfriend got drunk to the point that she would do something that she didn't really want to do. I reckon that a lot of people intentionally get intoxicated to the point where they can use it as a "good" reason for f*cking up.

So am I a weird f*cker or do some of you agree with me?

-IDM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

You're not a wierd f*cker. You're a wierd ****er.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I was in a relationship with a girl for 16 months and i never cheated. a man who cheats on his girl is not a real man.

blokes who cheat obviously set out to cheat it doesnt just happen like BAM i got with this girl. kno matter how good looking or charming you are you still have to make an effort to get off with someone.

therefore its much harder to cheat than many people claim it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I've been in an long distance releationship for the last few years, with someone I'll be lucky to see for 3 months of the year....have I cheated, even in a drunken state, no, do I feel the need to cheat, no way in hell...there are some lines that you just shouldn't cross...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

personally, I wouldnt cheat on my boyfriend if I had one. I would break up with him if I felt that I had to cheat on him to be happy.
    I though, was unfortunate enough to be on the other end of this spectrum. I found out the guy I was dating was cheating on his wife...man was he a piece of work.
    Totally a loser...funny thing is it isnt the first time. I have met 3 other guys who took me out and then told me they were either married or had a girlfriend, what the hell guys!!
    why do men do this? (or women...for the defensive men out there) if you are unhappy in your relationship then end it and move on. It is selfish to stay with someone you cant fully give yourself too and have them believe that you are.
    It is a sure sign that you are not meant to be with the one you are with if you are out wanting to be with others.

So, I have a trust issue with men now...I wonder why

I am not about to get into a debate, I have seen it happen both ways and neither is good. If your not happy then let the other person go to find someone they can be happy with and move on.

Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only
    I've been in an long distance releationship for the last few years, with someone I'll be lucky to see for 3 months of the year....have I cheated, even in a drunken state, no, do I feel the need to cheat, no way in hell...there are some lines that you just shouldn't cross...
    Of course you shouldn't cross the line but I don't think it's something anyone can say they definitely won't do.

Looking at Beat's and AngelofFire's posts I think there are 2 different types of people who cheat. The first goes out to do it intentionally and doesn't really care about who gets hurt by the whole situation. The second type doesn't go out to do it intentionally, but gets in a situation where they can and they don't step away from that situation.

Typdefs ability of being able to finish a relationship before cheating is admirable but is that always possible? Can you not be in a relationship and feel everything is ok but still cheat and realise later that everything was not ok in your relationship?

The second type doesn't go out to do it intentionally, but gets in a situation where they can and they don't step away from that situation.

It dont matter if you go and do it intentionally or not fact is that you had the choice to turn away and you didnt therefore your a cheater.
    Can you not be in a relationship and feel everything is ok but still cheat and realise later that everything was not ok in your relationship?

No i dont think you can.as i said before you always have the choice before you cheat.If you realise that you want to cheat then you know your having problems with your girlfriend. you suddenly decide that you want to cheat after you have done it. You always have that choice.

Tbh mate i think alot of people can honestly say that they wont ever cheat. When the situation arises they have the choice and they walk away. YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE. Why have one night with someone and ruin your relationship. Thats why people know that they wont ever cheat because they dont wanna ruin that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Originally posted by Typedef
    Oh no please...

Please don't stop..

This to and fro betwixt you two reminds me of this sex thing I've been hearing so much about.

Actually, how could I have heard about it... since these two appear to have invented it?

<post implodes due to paradox>

Naw, they are more likely to go and cheat on each other. argue on a different forum.

Ok, i dont believe you have a varied selction of cheaters as people are saying, but rather a variation on just ypes of people in relationships.
    Seen it and been in it.

There are the honest type in a relationship. They are with someone cause they enjoy being with that person and to them Sex is a way of showing this within a relationship.
    Then there is the contrasting person in a relationship. In it for the Comfort/"To be in" a relationship. These are the people who are in a relationship simply cause its conveiniant. The person came along at teh right time and is there when they need them. This type of person will generally sleep with someone else when they feel like it and more often than not if they feel that their new partner is relationship material they will end up breaking it off within the next couple of weeks with the current "flava of the month". So instead of doing the right thing a holding off to shag this new p[erson till after they have broken up with the ther person they have been with for a long time they just do as they feel. I.E Selfish. Hell to pay when the other finds out.
    Then you just have the Sex addicts. They cheat when sex is offered to them and have no apathy for their significant other. Thewy view Sex as Sex and just do as they please.
    You have people (like Johnny there) who apparently Cheat because their other half has a low sex drive. Which just points out that Sex is what defines their relationship. (no offense, just my opinien)
    You could almost sum up these type of people as ones who jump the gun when they feel sad or lonely or have low self esteeme.

Soz if thats a bit obscure, but my current view (After reading some of the replies)

Also, Saying that "you can't possibly know till you have experienced it".
    Jesus man, talk about talking ****e. There is no difference between Cheating and having Sex with any other stranger whilst being single. Apart from (if you have a conscious) the feeling of utter ****ing **** and knowing that you cant be trusted and are probably not worthy of having someone trust you. ITs just Sex. But your having it with someone else other than your partner.
    I know that my view on teh whole Cheating thing is that i dont like it happening to me. I end up feeling like utter crap and pretty much useless. Its a horrid feeling. It also tends to **** you up. Making it harder for the next person to put up with your paranoia/worry.
    If you are in a happy relationship then you have no need to cheat. And if you no longer feel for your partner then its time to call it a day without betraying what trust they gave you.

God i sound like some preaching biddy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Because in your head you believe that what you know and have done in life is more than most... and as such what you therefore post makes you the coolest of the cool.

played. gg.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Why would you want to eat some thing you have never tasted?

But if you have no sexual experience you cannot cheat.

This has been discussed and cleared up a page or two back.

a variation on just ypes of people in relationships.

I think you have it perfectly right there doodee it does solely come down the person and their morals and outlook on sex.Sex shouldnt be the only thing in a relationship.yeah its a big part its not the most important thing.Trust is.

Once that is broken then the relationship is broken.
    It also tends to **** you up. Making it harder for the next person to put up with your paranoia/worry.

I agree with this as well. If someone has cheated on you before you will be less likely to trust your next girlfriend and you will become very paranoid and jealous and this could lead to you finding it very hard to have another good relationship and trust your partner. This is all because of someone cheating.

Well, kissing is also sexual experience, no?

And I'm only talking from my experience. If this appears to be infinite wisdom to you... well, sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Well, kissing is also sexual experience, no?

The majority of boards members are not sexually experienced.

And in fairnes a large chunk of the topics you were talking about are by one time posters...they type that last a week and disappear

So now your saying the majority of boards members are not experianced in kissing.

Please clarify your points or at least think before giving a quick answer

OK, maybe I responded a bit too quickly there.

But... people DO argue on semantics here way too much.

My point was simply, you cannot comment on cheating unless you've actually been in a situation where you were given the opportunity to cheat.

If you haven't, then you don't know what it's like.

But as usual, a lot of people here have their glasses half empty, and started assuming all other kinds of meanings...

You know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Johnny Versace

My point was simply, you cannot comment on cheating unless you've actually been in a situation where you were given the opportunity to cheat.

Wrong again. I can comment on whatever the fúck I want. As can anyone else. I disagree with cheating. I haven't been in a situation where I could cheat... well I suppose I may have, but it doesn't enter my mind really because I disagree so strongly with it....

You can't tell people what they can and cannot comment on based on what YOU think their experience is.

Sure, you can have an opinion on something you know nothing about, but it makes your opinion worthless.

Think about what you are saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

jesus will ye shut the **** up. you come across as being the fonz(with russian mafia connections).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement