Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheating On Girlfreiend/Boyfriend???

Options
  • 28-04-2004 1:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would any of you consider cheating on your girlfriend/boyfriend if you knew they would never find out?? Like if you were on holidays or something??

I hate all people that cheat. I dunno why they bother do go out with that person in the first place if they are just gonna cheat. Ok everybody gets the temptation to do it but you need self control if you really love that person.

Anyway would you cheat if you could get away with it???

Would you cheat if You could get away with it?? 54 votes

Yes, Definitely
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but i would feel guilty
    22% 12 votes
    No but doesnt bother me other people do
    40% 22 votes
    no way, cheaters make me sick
    37% 20 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Post up your reasons too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Personally I wouldn't. But what other people do in their own time is their own business, aslong as it doesn't effect me it's their choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Lainey

ehhh. kinda afraid to in case get attacked :D

i didn't vote on it cos i have done it before but am pretty certain i wouldnt do it again cos i felt so ****ty.. didn't get caught but still felt crap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

I have cheated.

The reasons are complicated, ranging from "emotional" reasons to simply being a drunken male.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I had the chance back in October when my then g/f was away in college and after one night of drinking a friend of mine (I knew she liked me for ages) basically offered me sex, no strings.

I turned her down, I hate cheaters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

If you're going to cheat what's the point of having a girlfriend/boyfriend (in the conventional sense)?

Why not just have multiple sex partners?

I understand it can be a hormonal issue for girls to have boyfriends but, guys, if ya want to play the field then the least you can do is quit tying up the other team...

tribble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

cheating makes satan do his happy dance

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    cheating makes satan do his happy dance

judgemental people makes satan do the walls of limerick and a happy dance

I think it depends on what kind of person you are.

I'm a caring boyfriend, but I'm also a very sexual person, so I have slipped up a few times.

I never go out *trying* to cheat, but if there's enough alcohol, if the girls hot enough, and if... I guess... I'm in the mood, it has happened.

Although, the majority of cases where I've cheated, it's been with an ex.

Or, one time a very good looking friend of mine wanted to have a threesome with me and another girl. I simply couldn't turn it down, even though I had a girlfriend at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Or, one time a very good looking friend of mine wanted to have a threesome with me and another girl. I simply couldn't turn it down, even though I had a girlfriend at the time.

the dude.

• Advertisement

johnny........... he's yr only man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

If you're in a relationship with someone you should do everything in your power to protect it. And if you're really in love, you won't notice anyone else. Cheaters will burn in hell.

so you cheat on someone one drunken night..

somehow i doubt very much your name be one the front of the list to get into hell... now i may be wrong there... don't quote me at the gate ;)

If you're in a relationship with someone you should do everything in your power to protect it. And if you're really in love, you won't notice anyone else. Cheaters will burn in hell.

I disagree. You can be in love and... sometimes... cheat.

For example, an ex of mine, I still love her (although like a sister now), yet I cheated on her a few times. The reason was generally because she simply didn't like sex (it's a long story.) I tried my best to stay faithful, but after 6 months of no sex I was going to explode.

It really depends on your situation, and your opinion of sex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Originally posted by Johnny Versace
    I think it depends on what kind of person you are.

I'm a caring boyfriend, but I'm also a very sexual person, so I have slipped up a few times.

I never go out *trying* to cheat, but if there's enough alcohol, if the girls hot enough, and if... I guess... I'm in the mood, it has happened.

Don't you feel bad about it? I mean - I have cheated before as I'm sure most people have at some time in a relationship & I have to say that I felt terrible .... so I told my b/f .... he was upset but he forgave me ... so I did it again!! & Yes before any of you say It was a terrible thing to do... But by that point I'd gotten away with it once so why not?????? Thats is of course until the shoe was on the other foot!!!
    I didn't realise how much it hurt ...... I split with my then b/f after that but I haven't cheated since..... It's not worth it for a couple of mins of pleasure...... :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Basically man if you love her you wont cheat coz u dont wanna hurt her. no body wants to hurt the person they love so that will stop you cheating. if you do cheat you dont love her.you might really like her but it aint love.

If you just want sex then be mates with the girl but dont pretend you love them.

Originally posted by ravenhead
    I have cheated before as I'm sure most people have at some time in a relationship & I have to say that I felt terrible .... so I told my b/f .... he was upset but he forgave me ... so I did it again

oh my god.. run, run to the archbishop or somewhere else that has the right to forgive you such things.. aaarrrrgggghhhhhhh..

seriously.. you made the mistake, you pay for it.. finished.. noones elses deal but yours..

Yes I do regret it and I always feel guilty.

But I'd never tell my girlfriend about it - I think that's a bit selfish. She did nothing wrong so she doesn't need to be hurt by knowing I cheated.

If that makes any sense...

I do not like cheating though. All I'm saying is... I'm human. I've slipped up a few times.

Also... and I know people are going to go mad now...

I think when a man cheats it's different than when a woman cheats (:D)

But that's a discussion for another thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Bunch of cheating scum bags. I wish I was Satan so I could kick your arsés when you get to hell.

Why do I always get the feeling the people who despise cheating/one night stands/any discussion about sex/STD's/pregnancy/abortion on boards.ie are not very sexually experienced?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrs. bucket

Cheaters are scumbags!!!

Originally posted by mrs. bucket
    Cheaters are scumbags!!!

So the majority of the world are scumbags?

Actually, I agree with you on that one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Originally posted by Johnny Versace

Also... and I know people are going to go mad now...

I think when a man cheats it's different than when a woman cheats (:D)

But that's a discussion for another thread! :)

Being a woman - I would have to agree with Johnny on this one - Woman think things through a bit more when it comes to this kind of thing & woman can be a lot more clever about it too....;)

ok fair enough some people are weaker than others coz we are all human but not everyone cheats my man.

Dont see point in goin out with someone if your gonna do that but hey thats just me.

If my girlfriend cheated on me there would never be any forgiveness. If you dont got trust ya dont got much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i wouldn't cheat myself, mainly because i don't want to go down the same road as my father.
    then again, i haven't really been in the situation to test my moral fortitiude recently:dunno:

Why do I always get the feeling the people who despise cheating/one night stands/any discussion about sex/STD's/pregnancy/abortion on boards.ie are not very sexually experienced?

Haha man would you stop.me and my girlfriend are very experienced that dont make the slightest bit of difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

Originally posted by tribble
    If you're going to cheat what's the point of having a girlfriend/boyfriend (in the conventional sense)?

Why not just have multiple sex partners?

I understand it can be a hormonal issue for girls to have boyfriends but, guys, if ya want to play the field then the least you can do is quit tying up the other team...

tribble

I agree with this ... having a healthy sex life isn't a bad thing... being a liar is.

I wouldn't bother with a relationship if I thought I would act on other interests.
    I would like to be respected in return and know what the others honest intentions are.

Alot of guys seem to think that they have to be bf/gf in order for the other person to have sexual relations with them. This isn't always the case...
    I'd prefare an honest man over a 'boyfriend' any day.

I do actually dislike cheating, and if my girlfriend cheated on me I would be very upset. But I do believe humans are human, and people can make mistakes.

Some people make more mistakes than others. Some people have issues...

I don't think it's black and white.

Originally posted by Kingp35
    Haha man would you stop.me and my girlfriend are very experienced that dont make the slightest bit of difference.

Not you in particular... but the majority of guys here.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Kingp35
    ok fair enough some people are weaker than others coz we are all human but not everyone cheats my man.

Dont see point in goin out with someone if your gonna do that but hey thats just me.

If my girlfriend cheated on me there would never be any forgiveness. If you dont got trust ya dont got much

i agree with you here kingp35.. but to go to the level of calling a people whores and scumbags because of it... well, that shows immaturity.. **** happens.. i was cheated on and although it broke me up at the time, i did it to someone myself after.. not proud of it but ****ed if i owe the world anything for my mistake.. :dunno: :dunno:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement