Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy St Georges Day!

Options
  • 23-04-2004 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

*grin*

I don't think the colonials in the Free State like being part of the British Isles, but imho if the mainland celebrates St. Patricks day then the colonials in the plantations should jolly well cheer for good old St. George "Hurrah"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

WTF?????? GTFOH!!!
    Holy god almighty pray for these idiots, they no not what they do!!:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hurrah for St. George!

which is my dad's middle name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Happy St Georges Day...

Hope the English don't experience the savagery we did on Paddy's Day. T'was like Sodom and Gommorah all rolled into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

On this of all days, let's take a moment to remember.....

Gawd rest 'er soul guv'nor, she were a luvely woman *sniff* Pretty little flawer snuffed out in 'er prime. S'not right!

queenmother2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

well i suppose Merc he was a palastinian born and bred so why not... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by super_furry
    Gawd rest 'er soul guv'nor, she were a luvely woman *sniff* Pretty little flawer snuffed out in 'er prime. S'not right!

queenmother2.jpg

Yeh, but the Corgi's are delighted. They ain't getting blamed for pi*sing on the sofa anymore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why dont they have a bank holiday in England for this :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

/me waves fist in air

why dont they have a bank holiday in England for this
    something about it being associated with the BNP - they dont really celebrate it over in England, I think its something got to do with the rightwing association with it...
    which is kinda funny since he was a foreigner :D
    Some bloke who owned a pub wanted to get permission from his local council to get a bar extension, and they said it wasnt appropriate.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Maximum trollage.

Originally posted by bug
    Some bloke who owned a pub wanted to get permission from his local council to get a bar extension, and they said it wasnt appropriate.:confused:

i remember seeing that pub owner on Sky News. it was strange because he got a bar extension for chinese new years :D

politicians over here are giving out about the lack of events to celebrate. a little jealous of our party last month!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/londonnews/articles/10402677?source=Metro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

whens St Ringo's day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Firstly what the hell does GTFOH stand for? My mind is all a boggle...

Possibly "Get the **** out of here?"
    I'm highly confused Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭ALLGOOD

Go fcuk yourself you scumbag and take your hun holiday with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Originally posted by fwk
    Possibly "Get the **** out of here?"

Exactly!!!
    And i is not a racist, well maybe if idiot is a race!!!!!Why dont we celebrate 4th of july while your at it???? Thats why your an idiot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ALLGOOD
    Go fcuk yourself you scumbag and take your hun holiday with you.
    Parton saint of Malta too (and another few places that you probably don't have some deep resentment against) but if you weren't nine you'd know that so I'll let you off.

Incidentally the insult "Hun" is generally reserved for Germans or even Hungarians, though this is rare. Here's an entire page of insults about the English written by people who can spell.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sceptre
    Incidentally the insult "Hun" is generally reserved for Germans or even Hungarians, though this is rare

this i didnt know, you learn something new everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I agree with merc, all around the world they show unity and empathy toward Eire by celebrating St. Patricks day (who was not Irish it should be noted) yet when somone suggest that you support our neighbours and brothers from the British Isles you attack them with racist insults.

For Shame. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

Who is St. George anyway? I never even knew the British were christians.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Eat me with a spoon. There are two kinds of people outside of Ireland who make a big deal about St. Patrick's day:

a)people wanting an excuse for a party (fair enough, but I'm not stupid enough to believe they care about Ireland), and
    b)people with varying amounts of conviction as to their "Irish roots" (in some cases legitimate, mostly an excuse for a bunch of retards to bang on about how their great grandad was from Kerry or wherever and then drink green beer).

St. George is an English holiday. Not British (the Scottish and Welsh have their own saints, as far as I know), English. And given Ireland's history with England, you can't be too surprised that some are reluctant to celebrate it (myself included, on the basis that I'm not English and don't consider myself to have any strong connection to the country as a whole).

Maybe people should have been more polite about it, but the initial post can be easily interpreted as provoking. And frankly, if you take something as silly as a national holiday seriously, then it's your own fault and problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭lukeUCD

st georges day my ass, god wonder why everybodys so mad........oh yeah the 700 hundred years of killing irish ppl and never saying sorry for it.....that might be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by full forward
    Who is St. George anyway? I never even knew the British were christians.

Where do we find them? Why do we let them in??! :eek:

Mike.

http://www.innotts.co.uk/asperges/george/george2.html

sorry i was wrong it was his mother who was palastinian, but he did live in palastine with her.
    Apparently as was said on bbc this morning England didnt have a patron saint so they just picked this guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Mainland what anyway? :confused:

Advertisement