Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RH Negative Blood Theory

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

arrietty wrote:
    I'm no expert on Neanderthals. But they were nothing compared to modern humans. They didn't have the same skills we have with tools, their language was probably only rudimentary (this is a matter of hardcore academic dispute, but seems to be accepted by most), AFAIK they left no art behind them (although of course they could have made art using things that would generally not have survived, such as wood or cloth, unlike modern human's cave paintings).
    They had different tools for different things. They had a complex language which was more than a grunt which is what they are protrayed by the media.
    arrietty wrote:
    I haven't heard about it, so I can't comment properly. But one flute does not, IMO, indicate a smart all-rounded species. The Neanderthals were very different to us, whatever the similarities.
    One flute was found! It shows that they enjoyed music.Thats art!
    arrietty wrote:
    Errrrrrrr... no. Doesn't quite work like that. It's incredibly complicated (it's spread over a long time. There's a lot of people involved. There's not nearly enough evidence to settle most of the questions). I've read a bit about it, but only enough to confirm how ignorant I am of the subject.
    If you're going on language as a good indication of population... which it usually is... the Basque language and a few others (Saami, and I think Hungarian) are not Indo-European languages. The Celtic, Romance, Germanic, and Slavonic languages amongst others are all Indo-European (as is Sanskrit). The Indo-European languages came with a people who eventually settled all over Europe (or mixed with the original population, or passed their language on to that population...)
    The Basques are a people that would appear to have been a fairly coherent population unit for a long time. They have their own language, their own genetic oddities, they inhabit a relatively small area. It doesn't necessarily mean a hell of a lot else.
    My point in anycase was to explain that there were different waves of people that came into europe.
    arrietty wrote:
    But to get back to the topic... I don't really reckon there's a lot in the Rhesus negative theory. For a start, that article is the kind of bull**** that gives the esoteric a bad name. Secondly - we have a lot of genes, and a lot of genetic factors make us up. I see no reason why something like blood types should be any indication of our abilities. There's a lot more to us.
    You can't rule it out though. Interbreeding did occur. People here don't want to hear that. They think Neanderthals were overgrown monkeys which they were not. We are also decended from chimps (they were dumb)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Shabadu wrote:
    Oh yeah... and the prominent foreheads.

They'd be a pain to suck on. All hairy and lumpeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

KnowItAll wrote:
    They had different tools for different things. They had a complex language which was more than a grunt which is what they are protrayed by the media.

One flute was found! It shows that they enjoyed music.Thats art!

My point in anycase was to explain that there were different waves of people that came into europe.

You can't rule it out though. Interbreeding did occur. People here don't want to hear that. They think Neanderthals were overgrown monkeys which they were not. We are also decended from chimps (they were dumb)

You're arguing semantics. And don't you dare accuse me of "not wanting to hear" something. Not once have I told you to stop posting, despite your inaccuracy. No one said they were over grown monkeys, I'm simply maintaining that Neanderthals were an inferior breed of humanity. I stand by my argument and maintain that you have not furthered yours in the slightest.

Sure, RHneg blood could be a remnant of neanderthal genes, its just as likely to be ten thousand other things, you havn't posted a shred of evidence towards your pet theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭arrietty

KnowItAll wrote:
    Actually, most modern documentaries and articles are quite well-informed (Try BBC Horizon, or the National Geographic). People get the wrong idea from kids cartoons. If people are getting their ideas from kids cartoons, there's not a hell of a lot I can do about it.
    KnowItAll wrote:
    Yes, thank you. We're descended from single-celled animals, if you want to go down that route. We're a different species from Neanderthals, a different species from humans' and chimps' common ancestor. Academic opinion seems to be currently against interbreeding between humans and Neanderthals - there's no evidence for it, anyway.

People don't want to hear that? No. They don't want to hear ill-informed arguments without supporting evidence. Neither do I, as a matter of fact.

Listen. I'm going to study archaeology in a few months. I read articles. I read textbooks. I don't claim expertise but I do know a bit. We're well off-topic, and I'm not interested in arguing this with you any more. If you want to explain why you believe RhNeg blood is a remnant of Neanderthal genes, or what you think the significance of RhNeg blood is, please do. Cheers.

Zillah wrote:
    You're arguing semantics. And don't you dare accuse me of "not wanting to hear" something. Not once have I told you to stop posting, despite your inaccuracy.
    Relax. Your taking this way too seriously! I did mention first that it was a theory and then went on to mention some of the things that I had heard.

I got the impression that some people here think I'm making it up. I'm only quoting what I heard.

I do believe that interbreeding did occur. Weather we have neanderthal genes I don't know because I also heard that there was a chance that the offspring of neanderthal-human may not have been able to have "kids" themselves!

As for the negative blood being neanderthal, I havn't a clue! I said it could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Screwdriver

Yes Knowitall is correct. We are all part neanderthal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

i generally don't trust web-sites with music or anything on the web that is that fringe.

oh yeah i'm Positive.

Yes Knowitall is correct. We are all part neanderthal!

Really? Well I'm convinced!

Zillah wrote:
    Really? Well I'm convinced!
    I knew you'd see sence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭peaches79

I'm B neg, I read on wiki (that wonderful information repository!) that B groups are more common in African/Asian bloodlines...and I have red hair, hmmmm.
    I find this stuff fascinating! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Wish I knew what group I was.

Being in a blood group named after a monkey must be awesome.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

AB neg here. Doubt it means much I'm as psychic as a housebrick so....:)

Neandertal wise we have little idea about the extent of thier language skills. They were more sophisticated than first thought though. Indeed for the first 80,000 years of anatomically modern humans we were at pretty much the same level of sophistication. As for interbreeding, I would strongly suspect we did, though in small enough numbers. I would be shocked if no hanky panky went on. They didn't look that dissimilar and we are a horny bunch. :D We may yet find shared genes. There are a number of late neandertal skeletons that appear to show shared features of both hominids. That may be convergent evolution though as neandertals were getting more gracile over time.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Have to say this is a new idea to me and nut job conspiracies aside would be intrested in seeing what the break down is.

Oh and I'm RH Neg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

im o neg and all my family are rh pos., a lot of my aunts are neg.
    my partner is rh pos and all my kids are positive too. i had to have the anti d on my current pregnancy twice as i started to bleed,also on my 1st child too,i had it after my 2nd one also,was told that if mother was neg and father was positive then chances are the babies are positive too,but it was to protect the next baby from dying in the womb if it is positive as my neg cells would attack it like a virus. ive never felt any different during my pregnancies because of it.they usually give the anti d after each birth also to protect the next one. its said to be not so common a blood group but there are quite a lot of people with it.
    i work as a psychic with my rh neg group,but my dads a healer with his rh pos blood so i dunno.....does it make a difference,i suppose maybe its something that we will never know.

It lives!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Zillah wrote: »
    It lives!
    Twas bumped by a now deleted post :) havent re-read it all, but afaik about one in 8 have this group, and the biggest benefit is being a universal blood donor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dgalal2001

My mother was rh neg and I was the third child but mom lost the third through miscarriage, so that makes me # 4 by rh standards.
    I have several scares on my body from the exchange transfusion, rather nasty ones at that. I am looking for as many RH disease survivors as possible. After 1968 the injection pretty much put an end to exchange transfusions but before that (late 1930’s to 1968) exchange transfusions were common. The RH disease caused every thing from death to mild brain damage because the blood burier in the brain was breached with bile. I would like to hear from families and there stories with RH disease or even RH neg survivors.
    TX

isn't this the original post?

There is a guy i know who is writing a book on a subject very close to this. He believe's celtic peopel posess a psychic ability which people from other countrys dont. Not only that but he has come across 80% of psychics in the US are from Irish decent or have irish blood in them .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

There is a guy i know who is writing a book on a subject very close to this. He believe's celtic peopel posess a psychic ability which people from other countrys dont. Not only that but he has come across 80% of psychics in the US are from Irish decent or have irish blood in them .

Is this Let You Down Larry?

Did he pull 80% out of the air? or did he work it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

All I know is that my dad is the O- blood type. I don't know the blood type of anyone else in my family- least of all my own! Yeah, they say you'd know what it is if you gave blood but I haven't joined 'Ireland's Secret Club' yet! :p

But if one of your parents was a certain blood type, would it not be likely that you would have the same one? Or is that complete b0llocks altogether?

I rang up my doctor's place before in an attempt to find out what my blood type is. I mean, f--k, you'd think they'd keep a record of that, seeing as it's something that remains constant throughout your life, like??

Anyhoolahoop, this is how the phone call went (really *~enthralling~*, I know!! :rolleyes:)..

Receptionist Lady ('Joan'): Good afternoon. Dr O' Callaghan's Medical Practice. How may I help you?

Yours Truly: Hi, my name's Sir Ranulph Fiennes (well, not really). I'm a patient of Dr O' Callaghan's. I'm just calling to find out what my blood type is. Would you be able to get that information for me?

Joan: Well, I'm afraid we don't keep a record of that. You would have to undergo a blood test to ascertain your blood type.

Me: I had a couple of blood tests before but I forgot to ask her about my blood type then.. Right so, I'll schedule another blood test in the near future to get that information.

Joan: No problem. Just give us a call here.

Me: Okay. Will do. Thanks for that. Bye.

Joan: Okay. Take care now. Bye.

Ah yes.. Every minute, boring aspect of the conversation! :pac:

My overall point is that it's a tedious pain in the hole trying to find out what your blood type is. F--k sake!

the rh+/- thing is very interesting but the essay appeared to be a bit, well, cultish by suggesting some reading material which mostly related to people being descendants of extra terrestrials , which is the staple belief of most modern cults.

God almighty, they're all daft. Descendants of extra terrestrials, me hole! They must be really knocking back the Kool Aid.

LCDeelite wrote: »
    All I know is that my dad is the O- blood type. I don't know the blood type of anyone else in my family- least of all my own! Yeah, they say you'd know what it is if you gave blood but I haven't joined 'Ireland's Secret Club' yet! :p
    Your blood type could be the same as either parent, or a mix up of both. Ie if dad is O- and mum is A+ then you could be O-, A+, O+, or A-. Complicated even further if one parent is AB group. :)

I only know my blood group because Ive donated to the sekkrit club. :p

Oryx wrote: »
    Your blood type could be the same as either parent, or a mix up of both. Ie if dad is O- and mum is A+ then you could be O-, A+, O+, or A-. Complicated even further if one parent is AB group. :)

Hmmm..! Interesting. Thanks.

Dunno what my mother's one is. She doesn't know herself! :rolleyes: I better run up to St Finbarr's Hospital someday soon to spill my blood for them!

Oryx wrote: »

Shhhhhh!

However, if you donate some more money, we can let you in on an even bigger cooller superer sekkriter thing... :pac:

Shhhhhh!

However, if you donate some more money, we can let you in on an even bigger cooller superer sekkriter thing... :pac:
    As the epitome of cool myself, your lukewarm coolness doesnt interest me.

And youre the wrong blood group.

:(

Worked on Will Smith...

:(

Worked on Will Smith...

Yerra, he's a bit of a plonker anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FyeaG

...Im Rh- non of my friends or family has it tho, just me, is that bad in any way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

A quick survey of the posts in this thread indicates that blood type O- is often associated with a low IQ.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement