Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RH Negative Blood Theory

Options
  • 12-04-2004 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I was introduced to this theory from a mailing list I am a member of. It is facinating reading. It suggests that those with RH negative blood have different ancestors to those with RH positive blood. That the former has more psychic abilty is also shown. A must read for the paranormal board.

It can be accessed from here.

Nick

For the record I'm RH negative and so is my whole family:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

It would be interesting to see what proportion of readers of this forum are RH negative. I'll get the ball rolling, as I said I am:

RH Negative

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Interesting about the Basque People I didnt know such a high percentage of them were rhesus negative, I had always thought rhesus negative people had slightly different physical characteristics and seem to be suseptible to certain infections, (my aunts are rhesus negative) My knowledge of genetics is limited but it would be interesting to know the origin of rhesus negative scientifically. I had never associated it with psychic abilities tbh, but considering my aunts...perhaps this theory has some merit :)
    I would have to understand more about genetics and the Rh- factor before commenting on the possibility of it coming about from alien sources though.

Originally posted by bug
    Interesting about the Basque People I didnt know such a high percentage of them were rhesus negative, I had always thought rhesus negative people had slightly different physical characteristics and seem to be suseptible to certain infections, (my aunts are rhesus negative) My knowledge of genetics is limited but it would be interesting to know the origin of rhesus negative scientifically. I had never associated it with psychic abilities tbh, but considering my aunts...perhaps this theory has some merit :)
    I would have to understand more about genetics and the Rh- factor before commenting on the possibility of it coming about from alien sources though.
    Yes, an interesting bunch of people :) I'm hoping to travel to Bilbao this year to learn more of their culture. My cousin is there now teaching Irish. He has commented how their lanuage has very different origins to any of the close European countries.

It is fascinating though. It's a wonder it's not discussed more often as the RH- and RH+ are quite different. Like the example that if a woman has previously given birth to a RH+ child and then given birth to a RH- child she must take antiD (not sure of the proper name) to prevent the baby being rejected and killed by the mothers own body. The RH- baby is seen as an alien body so the host body (the mother) tries to kill it.

Does anyone know more about this?

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Noone knows for sure why people are born with certain anti-bodies against antigens that they have never encountered (ie. blood group antigens).

The most common theory is that it is an evolutionary defence system. Some bacterial surface proteins that colonise our bodies after birth have similar anti-body targets to those A and B Types (there are actually over 600 of these but because typing focuses on ABO so shall we). Our bodies probably pre-prepare a defence system against these bacteria that may try and mimic natural cells to overcome our immune system, while obviously leaving out the ones we have ourselves (thus ABO blood group system).

RH systems are independant and seemingly pointless. They probably came about as a result of of a natural mutation aiming to achieve the same type of effect as the ABO system. Generally when a mutation is beneficial or has no effect on a species they are not phased out because natural selection allows them to eneter the status quo. Rh blood groups only occur in a small percentage of the population, but probably gained a foothold due to the side effects of Rh- negaive mothers and Rh+ embryos. All the same there is no particular fatal ill effect associated with it. Hence the mutation (which led to Rh negativity) is harmless and was not eliminated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

That makes interesting reading.

Any figures from non-paranormal sites to verify if RH Negative people actually do have a higher average IQ ?

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement

Here's another link about this subject. There is just the mention of IQ in it but it's certainly no statistic :(

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Am Rh Negative and I don't fell that I have any paranormal or extra normal abilities and I do try quite a bit. Those refs certainly do make a good read though.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    It is fascinating though. It's a wonder it's not discussed more often as the RH- and RH+ are quite different. Like the example that if a woman has previously given birth to a RH+ child and then given birth to a RH- child she must take antiD (not sure of the proper name) to prevent the baby being rejected and killed by the mothers own body. The RH- baby is seen as an alien body so the host body (the mother) tries to kill it.

Does anyone know more about this?

Nick

I remember learning about this in biology. Its quite strange. I would have thought that after our millions and millions of years of evolution genetic birth problems such as the aforementioned would have dissapeared. It would be very interesting to know where RH- genes originate from in our evolution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by ThrAx
    I remember learning about this in biology. Its quite strange. I would have thought that after our millions and millions of years of evolution genetic birth problems such as the aforementioned would have dissapeared. It would be very interesting to know where RH- genes originate from in our evolution.

I answered all of this above.

Nobody knows for a fact why we have RH-. Sure there are Darwinist theories as well as others but I don't accept the main stream theories. Saying that, I can't really offer up one of my own that I can support with evidence.

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Em, I'm O negative and I certainly don't feel all that unique to be honest. :)

Originally posted by Poozle
    Em, I'm O negative and I certainly don't feel all that unique to be honest. :)
    I'm O- also but I have had many "experiences". What's your view on the paranormal? Perhaps that is a factor.

Being RH+ doesn't mean you can't be psychic and conversly being RH- doesn't necissarily you mean you are more psychic than the average RH+.

Nick

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm quite open, though it would take empirical rather than theoretical evidence to persuade me..

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Originally posted by syke
    I answered all of this above.

So you did. Half bottle of vodka and some smoke. Wasn't paying enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Scientists think that the reason the Irish, Welsh, Highland Scots and Basques are geneticaly similiar is that we are the remaining descendents of the first Homo Sapiens to move into Europe from Africa 30,000 - 40,000 years ago. Most Europeans are descended from later waves of migration, people who brought metal working and agriculture.

Possibly the reason for RH- dominance in older European populations is taht they're descended from populations which were here in the last ice age about 20,000 years ago which caused a population "bottleneck".

Nothing to do with alien colonies I'm afraid. See "Mapping Human History" by Steve Olsen and "Genes, Peoples and Languages" by Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza. The latter goes into some detail about RH- and RH+ distributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

I'm also O-, and remember vaguely after giving birth had to have some sort of injection in my thigh and have vague idea it was to do with Rhesus polarity but wasn't really listening, with the having just pushed a baby out etc. On reflection, would really like to know what it was for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by MeatProduct
    Like the example that if a woman has previously given birth to a RH+ child and then given birth to a RH- child she must take antiD (not sure of the proper name) to prevent the baby being rejected and killed by the mothers own body. The RH- baby is seen as an alien body so the host body (the mother) tries to kill it.

I'm not doubting most of what you have said, but that sounds a bit erm... wrong.

If the foetus is a radically different blood type, then it will be killed very early on in development in the womb by the mothers immune system. I've never heard of blood tests being taken on foetuses, though I am not a doctor :)

Unless you mean that the mothers milk could contain such antigens that might have bad effects on the RH- baby? This is of course a possibility.

Of course I could be completely wrong, but the science behind your explanation doesnt make sense in my mind (and yes i know its not "your" explanation per se, but that of whoever write the article you read).

I think the injection is to prevent the next child, that the mother may have, for being rejected by the mothers body in the early stages of development.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Theres alot of O- negative people posting here. Its odd since one the more rare blood types. Im O- too. And incidently, my IQ is 136.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

where did you find out what your iq was please?

• Advertisement

I got that done in school a few years back. In fact its probably gone down a good bit.:p

Just enter "free IQ test" into google and see what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm rhesus neg but I don't think I am any more psychic than the average Joe. Sometimes I think about someone and then the phone rings and it's them, but that's as weird as it gets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I'm a negger and I know what you're thinking.

Originally posted by eth0_
    I'm rhesus neg but I don't think I am any more psychic than the average Joe. Sometimes I think about someone and then the phone rings and it's them, but that's as weird as it gets.

Man, that happens to me aswell.

Sometimes ill be watchin tv or sumtin and for no reason i'll look over at my phone and i get a message. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ritlin_lad_05

im A negative..i dunno bout being psychic though lol..that sounds a bit wierd..all i know is that it has something to do with an unknown origin..my father is rh positive mother negative.. my bro was rh positive and he was born premature with really damaged skin..us negs are suppost to have alien links or something coz they say that that blood group came from aliens years ago...research has shown people who claimed they were abducted by aliens were all rh negs..hmmm..it mite be a load of b*llu*x. but its a rare blood group so you should be proud of it coz its in demand..i gave blood once and never gave it again but they sent me a letter askin to give coz a- blood is in shortage in ireland..cool to know where it came from though..we know where rhesus positive came from in theory but not rh neg..its unknown

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Read a theory recently that Rh+ people were descended from Rhesus monkeys, and that Rh- people were descended from *ahem* martians who came here when their planet was dying. Not too sure if I believe that one or not. I'll try and find a link that explains in more detail, in the meantime I've something more important to do.

*runs off to find out blood type*

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im o neg too.

The rhesus factor thing is cos if any baby a rh neg woman has happens to have + blood, and it mixes with mammys blood when being born, will cause the mam to create antibodies to the + blood, and then any subsequent child she has can be harmed by the existence of the antibodies. The injection stops the creation of antibodies and is given to mum immediately after birth as a precaution. Been there, done that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

I'm A+.
    (and I like bananas)

(as if you couldnt tell from the sig)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

my father was rh negative to ."O" I think. My mother was always going on about how he had rare blood type but I didn;t get why it was such a big deal until read kates answer. Now I know why she was complaining lol.
    Havent a clue what I am.

• Advertisement

Shabadu wrote:
    I'm also O-, and remember vaguely after giving birth had to have some sort of injection in my thigh and have vague idea it was to do with Rhesus polarity but wasn't really listening, with the having just pushed a baby out etc. On reflection, would really like to know what it was for.

Ha! Your O-, Shabidabidoo!

By the way.... BRAAAAAAIIINSS!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement