Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Resources/Vets/Petstores

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Try www.kittenadoption.ie
    Best place in Dublin to home a cat from imho. :)

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 captain_airbox

Go spam elsewhere.Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

how come www.hartonpaw.com just got banned from advertising their site here and www.mollys.ie (above ) did not?

There cannot be one rule for one person and a different one for another!

I have no problem with people telling other people about their businesses here.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭clearz

junglequestions is right. There are loads of other links on this thread. Why the change of policy all of a sudden

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

Mod edit: No advertising in here please. First and last warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭junglequestions

There appears to be some favouritism for MollyDolly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There appears to be some favouritism for MollyDolly!

No favoritism at all! I was reluctant to edit the post as I was not a moderator when the post was put up, but due to a query as to why that post was allowed I have deleted the post content.

Just to clarify there is to be NO advertising of your own sites/shops in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

i was in fintastic aquatics in dunlaoighre i recomend any one tries it out the advice and feelof the place was amazing i just kept walking around looking at the fish and retiles for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Can I be very bold and recommend Mollys http://www.mollys.ie/store/ bought a lovely tshirt for our pooch saying Daddys little girl on it in pink, going to make the hubby walk around the next dog show with her wearing it :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

I'm moving to Waterford so was looking for a pet shop down there to buy some things for my pup and my friends also. Pets r Vets in Waterford City are brilliant - have bearded dragons and more animals. big range actually. here's their site www.petsrvets.ie/ It is only being set up at the moment but their contact info and address is on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I picked up my pup on Wednesday evening and while she has been given a full vets check and is fit as a fiddle I'd still like to have my own vet lined up near me (just in case). Could anyone recommend a good vet and dog groomer around D15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Amimad

Try this one if your in the west of Ireland
    www.clevercanines.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

I left my dogs into The Irish Rosettes boarding kennel(in Lusk near the airport) last week when I was away on holidays and I can highly recommend them. This is the first time my dogs didn't get sick after being in a boarding kennel. My dogs had actually put on a little bit of weight, which would be quite unusual considering a lot of dogs get stressed and wouldn't eat as much when being left in a strange place. And they didn't smell horrible after leaving the kennel, which they normally would:D They also have an enclosed exercise area which my dogs loved.

http://irishrosettespetstore.com/[/URL]

Annika

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Texas

I picked up my pup on Wednesday evening and while she has been given a full vets check and is fit as a fiddle I'd still like to have my own vet lined up near me (just in case). Could anyone recommend a good vet and dog groomer around D15?

Not D15 but close enough....I had my dog groomed by Claire Fitsimons for years and was very happy with them, they now have their own parlour at 80 Annamoe Road, Cabra... I think they might be full but it's worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

That's great Texas thanks. I brought my pup to Hillcrest Veterinary Hospital for her booster shots. They are opposite the Coolmine Industrial Estate, and really nice in there. I'd recommend them to anyone in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

I'd like to recommend The Reptile Haven in Fishamble street, I got 9 of my thirteen snakes there (I got two of my other snakes in the petshop in Galway on Shop street and I bred the other two myself). They're very kindly incubating two batches of corn snake eggs for me ATM

Apparently, Ben was the first person to bred bearded dragons in the republic.

Whenever I go in, there's always something beautiful or cute that I'd like to buy be it gorgeous baby iguanas (have one already and don't have the space for more) or a lovely chameleon who takes crickets from your hand (don't have the expertise)

Another good shop for reptiles is Boardwalk Pets on the quays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hoffy

www.irishpets.ie is great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 daisy25

Hi all,
    I thought you may be interested in www.findapetsitter.net. It's a website that I have created to allow pet sitters to create a profile, and owners to find them based on location. Owners can then contact you and go from there.
    The website is brand new so there are some inperfections, but feel free to give any feedback.

Thanks,
    Maria

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Hi,

Anicare Blanchardstown Veterinary Hospital in D15 is very handy, just off the main road opposite Ryan's Garage is a great veterinary practice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Hey all.
    Recently bought some stuff of www.petsfunclub.ie some lovely stuff on there. They do alot of unusual pets products, i got a bed, blanket and a collar + lead, and the quality was great. delivery was fairly prompt aswell, id recommend them anyway.
    Vinnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Just found another good site - www.IrishDogs.ie. The site owner is Peter Banks who you may hear on the Last Word with Matt Cooper whenever they need a dog expert. Lots of useful articles there, and a discussion forum too.

Eoin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

Guys

thought I'd post for you Dublin West Siders out there, Wacker (the one from the city ) has opened a superstore on the Long Mile Road road behind Aldi

In there today, it's pet heaven .. they are really helpful and have a huge stock .. like being on-line but better!

BTW some of their stuff is cheaper than I find on line ..

• Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

I can recommend www.zooplus.ie . We have 3 dogs and 2 cats and I buy all my dog and cat food from there. Their prices usually are 10-15 euro cheaper when you buy a big bag (15Kg) and delivery is free when you order EUR40 or more. However you need to bear in mind that it is shipped from Germany, so it would take around 5 working days before it is delivered.

I have been using them now for a year or so and always got prompt delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Have to agree with jimkel on the above about Wackers, there so expensive, i love going in there just for a look though, but my money would have to go to Ben in reptile haven.

Anyway the reason im posting here is I came across a good uk site for reptile products, they have some lovely stuff there and deliver to ireland with TNT. They have a great feature aswell, its a online help feature where there nearly always someone on to ans q's about delivery or whatever,

www.petzoo.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

New petshop opens Tomorrow 10th December in Gullivers retail park santry, off the M50. "Pet Mania" pet superstore with a dog groomers, Reptiles, fish, small animals, birds, Arachnids, pet adoption scheme starting Jan 2008. check it out, It's gonna be one of the largest pet shops in Dublin. Whackers is probably bigger, but far too expensive Imo

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Colli_Flower86

Does anyone know of a pet store that sells female pet mice? I've looked in various ones in Dublin, Galway and Sligo and no luck. Even if anyone knows a breeder it'd be GREATLY appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Petmnania is open in Gullivers retail park santry, just off M50. I checked it out and I must say I was damn impressed, it's nice to have a pet superstore on the Northside at last!!! now I dont have to get buses to town for crickets every week as its just up the road from me. oh and they have a very nice reptile and fish section for those interested, Its all state of they art stuff and its bloomin huge! I found the staff very friendly and helpfull, they seem to really know there stuff when it comes to animals and its cheaper then Kinsealy and Whackers -Hooray!. anyway just thought Id be the first to post a review, I think when the IKEA opens up nearby this pet shop is gonna be huge! Im going in Xmas eve (Yes its open) for my new Kingsnake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 guess

I want to find out where i can purchase an outdoor dog enclosure/run...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

http://www.cilldara.ie/

These ones are great. They are quite expensive, but worth the money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement