Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Resources/Vets/Petstores

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

www.ikc.ie
    Irish Kennel Club.

Im also working on a complete list of all dog breeders in Ireland for every Breed which I hope to have posted up within a few days.So bear with me.
    Its going to be a long one.
    Richie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Here are a few websites in relation to animals:

Irish Animals
    k999 Volunteer Service

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by denis_o_leary
    Here are a few websites in relation to animals:

Irish Animals
    Doop Design
    Red Moon Media

Since when have you being interested in animals! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I'm buying a dog so I searched for sites and I got a few interesting ones. Decided to post them up as they came in very handy. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

These pages may be helpfull,....

List of dublin vets -> http://www.worldofpetsni.com/vetsouth1.htm

List of pet stores in dublin -> http://www.worldofpetsni.com/southshop01.htm

My want to make it sticky? :)

B

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Tipperary Small Pet Rescue Center

http://homepage.eircom.net/~spr124/

The girl who runs this has a heart of gold and takes in and takes great care of alot of animals. She has rabbits, guinea pigs and gerbils that all need good homes. She also needs any spare pet accessories you might have. We dropped a guinea pig cage out to her the other day and she really does have her hands full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ducky

Heres a shop that you can buy all your pet stuff on :www.pet-bliss.ie

Don't forget, all the animal groups put up their dogs on the Irish Animals website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Might I be so vain as to add my site also http://homepage.eircom.net/~spr124/homesNeeded.html

Pet Bliss is an excellent site for shopping and irishanimals is excellent for anyone wanting to adopt a mix or purebreed dog (neutered and spayed) cats also and small animals are a newish addition to the site since myself and a few others came alone :-)

Oh Rew just saw your message thanks for the kind words :-)

• Advertisement

A new site..Kitten Adoption loads of information on cat care and cat welfare and how to help.
    http://www.kittenadoption.ie/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Enilorac

Another dog training link...

www.feebeg.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Pets Ireland is a great site if your looking to adopt a new pet or need to rehome one. Also they have lost and found sections and lists of pound dogs.

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?act=idx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 doodles6

Check out peata.org the organisation for pets and people

We visit hospitals hospices and homes with your pets. I am very luck to visit a day care centre for adults with my poodles where we have great fun playing ball with clients and staff

If you have a friendly loving pet and think you can spare the time to share them on a weekly visit, contact peata and get assessed. I have got a lot out of my visiting and the dogs love it too.

Website on the care of guinea pigs and other small animals with tons of handy links will be up and running shortly.
    http://www.geocities.com/cavycareline/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hi

I run EGAR - East Galway Animal Rescue- a Bull Breed Rescue but I do take in other animals in need as well. All potential home will be home checked before and after re-homing. All adult dogs are vacc'd, wormed, spayed/neutered.

http://www.egar.org

Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 therocks

Here's another site which I've looked at and bought a few great things for my doggies!!! Quick and very nice to deal with ...... www.petshoponline.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

found the link to wiki how in the after hours forum (so credit to however found it!) - they got a good collection of the most common pet issues:

http://www.wikihow.com/Category:Pets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mollydolly

Sorry Claire but there is to be no advertising here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I have devoted this sticky purely to Dog & Cat information as more people in Ireland have pet dogs and / or cats than any other animal.
    Feel free to post links here to any information or health related sites you have found usefull or helpfull.

Please do not post links to sites that are simply "dog sites" or "cat sites" here, try to be specific to the "Health information & Resources" title.

• Please note: On any site listed below, please take all advise with "a pinch of salt".
    • Medical treatment should never be given to ANY animal by anyone other than a vet.
    • Neither Boards.ie nor its members take responsibility for any innacurate information in the links below.
    • Any animal that is exhibiting signs of illness or behavioural issues should be taken to a Vet as soon as possible.

======================================================================
    The best Irish Cat site in my opinion, put together by real cat lovers, the entire site is amazingly informative.

Cat health & Care / treatment information.

Kittern Adoption Website (main Page)

Their NEW forum boards!

Another Cat information & behaviour link,...

Cat Behaviour
    *NB: I cannot fully vouch for this one yet as I am still reading it.

Dog behaviour info link........

Dog Behaviour and Information
    *NB: Again I cannot fully vouch for this one yet as I am still reading it.

b

• Registered Users Posts: 23 newrossman

Taken from www.kittenadoption.ie website:

Some facts from Jan.
    • 300,000 kittens will be born in Ireland this year.
    • Two fifths will die within the first week of life.
    • A Third more will die before 4 months of age.
    • That is 180,000 kittens dying within 4 months of birth in Ireland this year alone.
    • Kittens are also being born to the estimated 23% of **pet** domestic cats that that are not spayed/neutered.
    • There are no wild cats native to Ireland therefore every kitten born and cat alive is descended from some body's un-neutered pet cat.
    • There are an estimated 700,000 former domestic (feral) cats in Ireland with over 200,000 in the Dublin area. This is using the tried and tested American system of calculation. Take the number of households in an area and multiply by 0.5 to give the number of cats.
    • One unspayed cat and her offspring can create 11.6 million other cats within 9 years.
    • An un altered cat (ex domestic stray) Has an average life span of 2 years. So these animals are born to die.

Is there a reason other animals aren't mentioned, you would be suprised how many households have other animals as well as cats or dogs, it's just that they don't tend to mention them as much. There is a lot of information about cats and dog care (and having more on this site is brilliant of course) but there is far less helpful information for small animals, birds and fish.

Have to agree about the KA site, it's choc full of helpful info.

NEW!!!
    Kitten Adoption have a new FORUM BOARDS!!!
    I encourage all of us owned by cats to register!
    :):)
    This is a wonderful organisation and by doing this they are providing yet another great service and community, lets back em up by joining and contributing and not let all the effort they have gone to go to waste!

C'mon boards.ie's, there are so many people here who can help bring information, ideas and shared experiences!
    This will be a GREAT cat-resource.

Address is -> http://kittenadoption.proboards80.com

B

(GPR, feel free to start another thread and I will sticky it np, just put this up as I noticed how most posts have been about cats & dogs and thought "centralising" info might be useful) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

FranknFurter, if it would be useful I can write up care sheets for chinchillas/mice/various other small animals. As Guineapigrescue has mentioned, these pets are not as common as cats and dogs, but the information could still be of use to somebody :)

Guineapigrescue I'm sure could also assist on the rodent side ;)

T'would be great!
    There is a sticky thread here for care sheets just waiting to be filled :)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Openng party 28th October

:) Come along and see our huge range of dog and cat accesories and food. Also stocking - Rabbits, Guinea pigs, hamsters, gerbils, budgies. Also cages and accessories.

Directions
    From M50 - Take the M2 for Derry until it becomes the N2. About 2 miles on look for signs for Ashbrook Nurseries and Garden Centre on the right hand side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nconway

Hi All

Any one looking for a dog groomer in Dublin West, i found a lovely girl, she owns a small salon in Blanchardstown. Wizard of Paws dog grooming salon. She was so helpfull and styled my dog perfectly. I would highly recommend her. The number is 0874131163 to the salon.Let me know if you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 MonaLisa

Hi all,
    I am planning to get a cat. But I dont want to go to people's house to pickup a cat...

Does Anyone know, of a place in Dublin where homeless young cats are kept so that I can go and Pick one? Or Do I just have to take what ever is given to me or choose from the pictures displayed online?

If you know of anywhere please PM me if Possible.

Many Thanks
    Mona

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement