Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman or Superman?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

Originally posted by mwnger
    Who would win in a fight?

Well superman, obviously.

At last someone says Superman:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Superman should probably technically win, but I'd want Batman to win. There's the fact that that the current Batman is a moody S.O.B. but also essentially a flawed human. We can identify with him. Superman is an alien. He adopts the ideals of our planet but he's almost arrogant in the convinction of his beliefs. I thought these traits were very well highlighted in "Superman: Red Son".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

I actually started to like Superman a bit after reading Red Son. He's still just a cold, goody two shoes and slightly to perfect character, which is mainly why I don't like him as I said, but that comic rocked. Some very good parallels between the original story and the new one, and also the way that it all ended was very good. It wasn't typical slugfest which was pleasing, though there were some good slug fests in the comic as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Well tea oviously superman would win his only weakness really is some rocks from his home planet but that wasn't exactly the question asked. I'd go for batman anyday as a better character he's mean takes no s**t and gets the job done. As does Super but he's just too nice

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

no offense or nuthin but
    DO A BIT OF DAMN RESEARCH AND GO READ THE DAMN COMICS.
    if you do you will find that batman wins.
    keywords: dark night returns.
    written by frank miller. the man who brought batman back to his roots, the man whom we all owe a great debt of gratiitude to, the man who remembered bob kane and his efforts, the man who's vision redefined an epic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Allright man cool I concede and bow to your superiour nerdiness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Keep it to the topic both of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

the reason we think superman is a sap is because of that early 90s tv series and Smallville. i think superman is pretty cool, not as cool as batman but not as sappy as people make him out to be.

Advertisement