Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman or Superman?

Options
  • 26-01-2004 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Who is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

there both bloody great

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

I think Superman is better because he can fly and is very strong but all batman has is gadgets and can glide if he falls off a building. Though I have to say Batman looks more slick.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

You're not gonna seriously have this conversation are ye?

I mean it's pointless comparing, big deal Superman can fly, he has to rely on our sun to keep him going, and Batman has his main weakess in his belt,

See what Im saying? Both have HUGE weaknesses and both rely on something to keep them going... (Take Superman to another solar system and he's as weak as a baby, give batman back his childhood and i bet he grows up to be a snotty like god knows what)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Geez, no need to be so serious cable. I was only looking for peoples opinions. I'm not a hard-core comic lover so I don't think this question is as 'pathetic' as you said.:p

That was supposed to be me.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Got some serious schizophrenia going on there nexus (nice aphex twin sig btw).

Cable I think the matter at hand isn't how they compare v other people or under x conditions, but just a general question between someone who likes them both. So please calm it man - you're just going off on one for no apparent reason. If you don't like the thread just back away from it man - it's not worth it...

As for the question - Batman definately. Brains over braun. And besides Supes gave him some kryptonite to use against him if he ever turned bad again. Didn't he?

I've used my brother's profile by accident!!!!!! :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

batman vs. superman comes down to one comic, the best comic of all time.

The Dark Night Returns.

THE BEST COMIC OF ALL TIME.

Buy it now. Link.

dangerman-batman vs. superman comes down to one comic, the best comic of all time.

So who wins?:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

Ragamuffin:

ive put who wins in spoilers, cause if u ever read the comic it would completely ruin it if u c what i say.
    its not a straight up fight, its an arranged fight, batman proves he could beat superman, but chooses not too, then it seems as though superman kills him.... but he doesnt, fakes his own death. its a long story, but in the end batman beats the ****e out of superman, greatest comic ever ever ever.

if this is slightly inaccurate, its cause i havent read it in years. but i think i got the gist right.

• Advertisement

Thanks Dangerman.:D I ended up reading the spoiler because I don't really read comics. Poor (you know who):( Is there any other good comics which has two superheros battling to the death????:confused:

I didnt mean to have a go at anyone, its just if this thread started we'd end up with more spin offs... ie hulk vs the thing,

But in every comic where theres been a confrontation between superman and batman (and theres been quite a few)
    batman has always come out the better (even without using the piece of kryptonite is his belt). It may not happen while the fight is going on , but Batman has always come out on top (just like Dangermans spoiler) <edit> if you link your statement to his without a spoiler, then it negates Dangerman's spoiler - ][cE :) </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Gladiator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I was hoping for a bigger punch up in the JLA vs Avengers series.

batman is way cooler, darker

I don't get what your saying, Cable. (in your edit thingy):( :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What I was saying neXus9 is that if you go back in all the fights that have ever happened, superman has always started out by beating the crap outa batman, but before the end of the story, batman has always been the better...just like dangerman's spoiler, every fight has been something similar to that fight

I had edited cables post. The reason for doing so was because a previous post had been put in spoilers by the writer. Cables reply (without spoilers) basically gave away the ending by saying "x happens in all superman v batman battles".

Obvious he still hasn't caught on - we'll see how long he takes to think to put it in spoilers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

I assume cables sig reffers to the marvel comics character of the same name, who was put forward into the future, then came back and is still struggling with life and trying to kill apocolypse (sp).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭KlodaX

'Does the Iceman come with a detachable cape and convertable icemobile?'
    .. excellent.. I'll take 3 please

I think Ragamuffin is Nexus9 with glasses on ... Ragamuffin by day ... Nexus9 by night

back on topic:

speaking of which... isn't this topic sort of cliche?

... I suppose most good things are.

Batman wins... don't ask stupid questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Batman would win. he is much cleverer and far more calculating than superman. plus batman could get his hands on kryptonite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

It's irrelivent, a new power will kick both of their asses, whoooppp whoooop, "Paintrain" coming through, the winner: Terry Tate.

terry.JPG

I didnt spoil anything in my second post? i just refered back to dangermans spoiler, and pointed what happens in EVERY fight between the two

(that and i dont know how to do the spoiler thing anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

To spoiler something simply type the word spoiler in [] at the start of a sentence, and the word /spoiler in [] at the end of the sentence you wish to spoiler. The / is nessecary by the way. I'll make an example down below, but throw in a | just so that you can see it.

[SPOI|LER] Insert spoiler here [/SPOI|LER]

Same can be used for a few other codes to put in things like colours, font changes, size changes, links and quotes.

B in [] makes bold, /B in [] finishes bold.
    I in [] makes italic, /I in [] finishes italics.
    U in [] makes underline, /U in [] finishes underline.

I'd explain the rest only I can't be arsed, the buttons at the top of the page do the exact same thing tbh. And there's prolly already a guide in the newbie section or something if you really wanna now.

Cheers,

So now that EVERYONE in the thread is agreed with the fact that batman is the better...now where to go with it? No one has actually made a positive argument in Mr. Kents favor?

Mr Kent has better people skills :D

Oh and to your previous comment - saying that
    Batman wins every time
    gives away the ending because......batman wins. She asked who won and the spoilers went up so as not to spoil the ending for people who haven't read it.

Think you might want to go back and edit your own post again? Just using this to explain the whole spoiler issue and how generalised comments like that mean that you ruin it for people who might not have ready any batman v superman books (like myself). I guessed the ending but I didn't know. Which means it is now spoiled for me :)

Mr. Kent may have the people skills but Mr. Wayne has the car,
    "the chicks dig the car"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Come on like... Gladiator is PURPLE... and he has a MOHAWK! TeH w1n

Hey Iceman, I made the post entitled 'SH*T!' into a new thread by mistake.:o Sorry:( I was supposed to put it in here:D

Sorry that was supposed to be me! :o

• Advertisement

Oh and to your previous comment - saying that """I don't know how to do spoilers""wins every time gives away the ending because......batman wins. She asked who won and the spoilers went up so as not to spoil the ending for people who haven't read it.

Were you talking to me there?

Advertisement