Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman or Superman?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Oh and to your previous comment - saying that spoiler:
    Batman wins every time
    gives away the ending because......batman wins

ha..i think you missed a second spoiler there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monkeymagic

Batman himself said it in 'Hush' the only reason he wins is because Clark always holds back, kryptonite or no kryptonite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

No I was talkin to Cable. TBH I give up on spoilers in this thread - no point really hehe.

You've outted the truth - batman apparently always wins. Now it's hardly worth me reading any batman v superman books :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Dont give up just yet Iceman, they may write a story where Superman pummels poor Wayne (unless theres already one out there we dont know about....hmm)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Ragamuffin

Can kryptonite actually kill superman or does it just bring Superman to a normal humans' strength?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

don't do this to yourself iceman!! you knew the titanic sank in 1912 but you probably went to see the movie!! knowing the ending can never be a reason to deny oneself "the dark knight returns"!!! it is one of the best batman stories.

but to all out there who've heard of a sequel: there's no such thing.

well maybe there was but it was the worst load of sh1te to come outa Miller in quite a time. ..... so so dissappointing

Well I didn't go to see it in the cinema and tbh would rather not have had to watch it ever (hate that film) but I was made to sit through it by my g/f :(

As for the books, from the reviews that people seem to be praising it with, I might get my hands on a copy of Dark Night Returns. However it will have to be in a couple of months when i've paid all the bills and start collecting again. For the meantime i've just gotten a new house in the last couple of months and have had to stop orders until all bills get regulated. Doesn't mean I won't still get comics though because my orders from america are backlogged for about 6 months, so i'll still be getting shipments for another 2 months :D

Must actually get around to reading my copy of "God loves man kills" which was meant to be the basis for the X-Men 2 story line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

whats the point of posting something if its going to be blanked out by spoilers?? is there a way we can read them?

wait its ok i figured out how they work

Can kryptonite actually kill superman or does it just bring Superman to a normal humans' strength?

I've seen it reduce him to below human strenght (couple of thugs get him i think??)
    So I guess if he were left alone with stuff long enough it would kill him, not too big on Superman stories so I wouldnt really know

• Advertisement

As far as I can gather kryptonite is radioactive, it affects humans as well but takes longer for them to feel the effects, it affects superman more rapidly. Thus it can kill superman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Originally posted by Unpossible
    As far as I can gather kryptonite is radioactive, it affects humans as well but takes longer for them to feel the effects, it affects superman more rapidly. Thus it can kill superman

IIRC Lex Luthor gets cancer or something in the JLA cartoon due to prolonged exposure. The guy carried a piece of krytonite in a case in his breast pocket for years on end from what I remember. Not a big superman fan at all though, so don't take this all to canonically.

I prefer Batman by the way, mainly because goody two shoes characters like superman just don't fit right with me. They seem a bit to unreal for even comics. No one's perfect, and superman/captain america and all those seem to come across that way. They never have to fight inner demons, squash urges etc which takes away from the essential humanity and link to reality comics need in my opinion. Batman is a lot grittier, darker and angsty which I find is really cool. He does fight with himself the whole time and the fact that he hides his identity and shies away from revealing to much of himself is part of what makes him a great character. He's sacrificed his right to have a life, so that others lives won't be disrupted by crime etc.

Also, Batman just looks a whole lot cooler tbh. The whole dark atmosphere he wraps himself in: cape, mask and gadgets is way cooler than Supermans bright, airy fairy look. :D

Yeah i prefer batman for the same reason, also its one of the reasons why i like x-men, they're not acknoledged superheros like the avengers. Also wolverine is fantastic in his comics, far better than his goody two shoes character in the cartoons and films

I think Superman is better because he can fly and is very strong but all batman has is gadgets and can glide if he falls off a building. Though I have to say Batman looks more slick.:cool:

Why the hell did you repeat the exact same response you had put in earlier?

As for Wolvie, I've said it before, his character has a lot of potential, but its really abused by lazy writers. Typical plot = wolverine goaded into fight by guy who thinks he can beat him, he starts to beat wolverine, but then threatens him or someone/thing he loves, and wolvie goes near or total berserk and whoops him. The odd time they mix it up by adding in the tag in the storyline that wolvie is on the hunt for answers to his past, but wait, by the end he's found a sum total of NOTHING out about his past. Gee what a shock, it's only happened tens of times before. :dunno:

TheSonOfBattles
    Why the hell did you repeat the exact same response you had put in earlier?

I said it to say my point again.
    Calm Down:cool:

Originally posted by Ragamuffin
    I said it to say my point again.
    Calm Down:cool:

I'm not angry, though I suppose the word hell gives across that I was at least annoyed, it's just that it was decidedly.....pointless and spammy. If your going to try and defend your point of view and Mr. Kent as well, you could at least debate it properly, rather than just point out that one can fly, and is superstrong. Maybe this is exactly what you like about the character, but if it is, why repeat it? Was it simply because no one else was defending the guy, and you felt you had to?

LOL you sound like a pychologist:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭americanCat

personally, i prefer batman..but that might just be because i know more about him, he's human, he wears all black, and he's not perfect. unfortunately, i don't read/watch that much superman..
    ~cat~

Originally posted by Ragamuffin
    I think Superman is better because he can fly and is very strong but all batman has is gadgets and can glide if he falls off a building. Though I have to say Batman looks more slick.:cool:

I just noticed this thanks to The SOB. Ragamuffin please don't repeat posts as it's simply spamming the thread and I don't really want to see any spamming nomatter how well intentioned you might think it is.

• Advertisement

][cEMAN**
    I just noticed this thanks to The SOB.

lol u called him a SOB:D

Oh yeah ][cEMAN**,
    sorry I didn't know u weren't alowwed to repeat posts:o it was just that no one seemed to take my post into accont:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hulk vs superman ...... who would win ?

It's been done. Twice. Guess who....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

hulk ?

maybe superman?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

"batman vs. superman comes down to one comic, the best comic of all time.

The Dark Night Returns".

Too right! Batman is a true master. While superman was gifted all his powers from birth. He is a mr. Whippy for the american government.

Batman had to come up with his own super powers. His success relied solely on his mind. In the Dark Knight returns he showed how good he really.

I must say though I have time for both Super heros but still think Batman has the edge!!!

Didnt you put a whole thread to that already?

Anyway, i too decided to read (like hell i was buying it) the latest Batman Legends...
    (Cover would have made for an uber cool poster by the way).

I have a question for any true batman fans, i cant help but feel that the stories so far seem VERY familiar but i cant figure out how i know the exact outcome? now keep in mind that i stear heavily away from DC and so wouldnt have read any past stories in batman, so is it case that i saw the same story in the animated series (which i did watch) but cant remember if its even part of the animated series? PLease help before i go mad.... which i think im almost there

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I think Superman is. But only because he has powers.

But then Batman is cool.

Oh no, I've confused myself.

Yeah, isn't great we don't have to choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

id like batman because he gets to see cat woman more. even though in smallville superman'slack is grand

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭mwnger

Who would win in a fight?

Well superman, obviously.
    But Batman has won more in the past cos comic book writers are biased toward ole Brucey. They, like comic readers, think Batman is just the better character. Perhaps we identify with him more.

Advertisement