Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Dmark2003 - Are you as bad as me?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

getting 21,000 on 01 and 7200 on 03 and aint finnished oc'ing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

nice overclock and cooling freekhead and 3dmark scores i have to say, have you overclocked your gfx card?

yeah the artic cooler's great, before getting it the gpu was at 411 and ram up to 362 with no artafacts now she is at 445 and with ram sinks the ram is at 380 the gpu can go up more but its just been a few days so im letting it settle in
    if your looking for a gd site visit
    http://www.jes-computer.de
    its german but cheaper than komplett and you dont have to ship with gls they have a german post option.artic cooler is only €13..plenty of modding stuff to

does anyone know what this case is like my little bro wants one but i cant get any more info on it
    http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Casedge_Products.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

can i have your pc please? ill give ya 100 euro

cheers freekhead, i was thinking of your thermalright heat pipe hs originally though nice piece of kit

• Advertisement

€100 its a deal my mam will be so proud..:)
    well i used to go out a lot till i started buying them danm neon lights and stuff then modding got a hold of me..the thermalright is class cpu on load was 48-49 but its a a wee 32 now....at the moment just surfing its at 22..i see you have a thermalright also for your amd..is it any good??? tinking of getting it for the 2500 for my bro's yes i have to fund his modding indevers aswell....what u tink of the case

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

good stuff ill pick it up tomorrow :p

not familiar with the case i have to say but i'll look into, the thermalright was recommended by col_loki, typically it keeps my cpu around 40c at load, however i keep the room cool, it doesn't go above 50c unless the room is roasting, thermalright make good coolers and i have a 92mm fan on her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

That cpu cooler looks the business. Some better results than water cooling with some of the fans. Makes me wonder should I actually buy the water cooling kit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by Ryaner
    Depending on how you oc the cpu depends on how the bios picks it up. When you start OCin it, it is no longer a 2500+
    Na it's a bug look at ABITs site here version 18
    Fixed the problem that Barton 2500+ CPU is occasionally detected as Barton 3200+. If 400 FSB CPU is installed, users need to select correct CPU type in SoftMenuIII by themselves.
    WOW modern tech is just so advanced:rolleyes:. By the way I noticed that the German site (jes-comp) is using GLS for shippinggls_logo.jpg fear those idiots they can't find their ass with a map:p.

• Advertisement

yeah gls a great:rolleyes: but you get the option to use dutch post with jes....

Maybe the bios does have a bug. I've OCed my Xp2500+ to be 13x166 and it's picked up as Xp3000+ and I know it aint a problem with my bios or windows. That was the point I was making

eh i don't think ya have a bug isn't 13*166 what the 3000+ runs at? the bios just thinks your running a amd 3000+ coz you overclocked it, similary if you set it to 11*200 it may think you have a 3200+

Originally posted by davkav
    another thing is i have my cpu overclocked to 2200Mhz its a 2500+ but on the post screen and in the likes of aida32 it shows up as a 3200+ even though it says 2500+ printed on the cpu is that the norm??

That was the original post. He was told he has a bios bug but the 3200+ does run around that speed. I dont see where the bug is but OfflerCrocGod posted the link to a real bug so hmmm.
    In my case I know I dont have a bios bug. My bios picks up mine correctly as a 3000+ as thats what it's running at for now. Soon gonna be 13x200 so we see what that does

you'll be doing well to get 2.6ghz out of that with out a major voltage increase i reckon or if you have a very good chip let me know how it goes

Yeah I'll port the results when I get them. The temps were very high after the last OC, maxing at 75C for a second and dropping back to 72C during video encoding. Currently idles at 54C during the day and it's at 58C now. I've only got the zalmon flower cooler and it's in silent mode so that partly explains the high temps.

It IS a bug just because you OC a CPU to higher frequencies doesn't mean it magically transforms into a diffrent chip!!!. A 2500+ is a 2500+(yes I realise same core so basically 2500==3200), just because your 2500+ can go above it's rated speeds doesn't change the chip name. Could you imagine that if every piece of hardware you used in your computer were misreported! - it would p1ss off anyone, this misreporting is a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Speaking of GLS

Ordered stuff of JES about 7 weeks ago and only got it now. To say i had a problems with GLS would be an understatement. Took 4 goes at delivering using different address's and they finally found me. WELL DONE GLS! I even offered in an email to meet them half way and take them by the hand. A shipping company that does'nt know its way around...well....:mad:....whats the point.

....and to top it all off the thing i ordered (NEC 1300a DVDRW) is fubar outta the box.....so i have to RMA! Yeah, me, i'm a really happy camper.

It may be a misreporting bug in that system but my system is reporting the chip the way it's meant to. The system is picking it up as a diff chip because it is giving the performance of a different chip.
    In reality it is still a 2500+ but as far a the board is comcerned it's not. In my setup it's a 3000+ and works just like one.

aye it depends on the bios, some nforce 2 m/b report the actual megahertz while some report the xp2500+ or whatever, if i overclocked a pentium i'd expect it to report the overclocked frequency not the original, i presume the m/b associated certain frequency multiplier combinations as different chips

• Advertisement

Na you misunderstood me of course the Mhz rating should change but the name of the chip should still be the same e.g. me and my friend^^(davkav)were setting up his computer and we thought we had gotten a 3200+ instead of an OCed 2500+@2200Mhz - you see bug.

yeah kinda but how does the chip let the mb know what model is it? if its thru its frequency cache etc, the m/b doesn't know any different.

i'd expect my overclocked processor to be picked up as a 3200+ as its at that frequency, and there is even the option in the abit bios to set the chip to 3200+

Most of the mobo's tell what type of chip it is thru the multipler and freq of the chip which is why you'll either see the freq or the new chip it's acting like when it's OCed. I've never seen the bios show anything like 2500+ @mhz

aye that is what i thought there is no way for the m/b to differentiate between an o/c chip and a regular one,

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

rite got home checked 3dmark2001 and it was still 9000 must of just got a good fx5200.
    anyways i downloaded that coolbits just wonderin shud i increase the voltage if im seriously overclocking it????

The proccesor should give the MB a code string? sorta like this:A6163204AC which tells it what chip it is, kinda like the SPD on RAM.

Originally posted by davkav
    anyways i downloaded that coolbits just wonderin shud i increase the voltage if im seriously overclocking it????

Only up the voltage if it aint stable on the new settings. Their normally some rec voltages on the OC sites. I aint familiar with the card so I aint too sure. Best thing is to leave it as is unless you need to. Higher the voltage, higher the temps

OfflerCrocGod, every board I've dealt with hasnt done that. Soon as you OC the cpu it will report different as it should do. Most of the bios's will look at the current cpu settings to set the ram spd etc.

Do you know what the RAM's SPD is?.

RAM SPD is the ram clock cycles. In my bios it's done it percents on the CPU fsb because I have sync settings turned on.

• Advertisement

Ok sorry just reread your post. The SPD your refering to the Serial Presence Detect on the ram. It's the little chip on the expensive ram that stores the rec voltages, speeds error corec setting etc.
    Should read things better.

Advertisement