Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for the fitzwilliam on thursday.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

Marq wrote:
    Surprisingly, this is entirely true. We do get paid for it though!

yes but noone else wants to deal on saturday....silly PLH/O tourney...

Nic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

Lads thanks very much for this great read!

Havn't been to the Fitz yet, and didn't know about the thursday games at all. Had planned to bring my brother to a friday night game for his birthday. But might try get in for a thursday night game too!

Thanks for all the info, great post :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

peeko wrote:
    Lads thanks very much for this great read!

Havn't been to the Fitz yet, and didn't know about the thursday games at all. Had planned to bring my brother to a friday night game for his birthday. But might try get in for a thursday night game too!

Thanks for all the info, great post :D

You should pop in,I was like yourself saying I was going to pop in sometime and now that I have I look forward to every trip,you cant get me out of the place when I do go over... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭peeko

My problem is that I live in Balbriggan and don't have a car! Hotels are expensive, but I'll get one coz I'm now dying to go in there!

Until then I'll make do with online poker and friday night with the lads!

Hey when I'm there, I'll shout out Dub13 and look out for ya!

You should go to the freeroll on Saturdays...it starts around 4:30 and its normally over by 7:30/8:00 so then you can head home or into town...!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Hey peeko,

I live out in Balbriggan too. You can make it in for some games. Wednesday-Saturday theres a nightlink at 3am back to Balbriggan and well if you're playing past 3am then you can afford the 40 for a taxi back there! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

Hiya, first time poster etc etc. Whats the deal with tomorrow night? Is there a tournament and if there is, how much is it?
    Cheers.

oglaigh wrote:
    Hiya, first time poster etc etc. Whats the deal with tomorrow night? Is there a tournament and if there is, how much is it?
    Cheers.

There should be one on tonight I cant think why not.Its free to enter and you can rebuy (for 10 euro) for the first hour and half.They also have a Freeroll on Saturday and another one on Sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is there a dress code ?
    Cant wear shoes whilst playin poker.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

No dress code. Just wear some.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭F Fiesta

Might head to this tonight, but not too keen on dealing etc...also bound to make some newbie mistakes :(

Its grand the freeroll is very newbie friendly,its were most people start so you will be grand.

F Fiesta wrote:
    Might head to this tonight, but not too keen on dealing etc...also bound to make some newbie mistakes :(

Biggest newbie mistake is string betting. If you want to raise say "raise" before you bput a single chip in. I got stunned by that so many times on my first time. As for dealing, (I don't like doing it either) just ask the table to nominate a player/dealer or someone else to do it for you.

THE OTHER PLAYERS WILL NOT BITE (much)

Ah, okay

So if the SB is 100 and the BB is 200 and it comes around to me...and I want to bet 600...

Do I say rasie to 600 or raise 600?

And the minimum raise in that case is 400 (twice the BB)??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

If the BB is 200 you can raise it to 400 or more. Just say raise and the amount you are raising it to. Some people do say "raise, 200 on top" for example which is fine too. The very act of saying raise means that you must be putting in 400 at least anyway whether you say 400 or not.

Cheers for that,

Finally :D

The SB is 200, BB is 400

Next Bets...800, 1600, 3200?

Or am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

A raise must, at the very least, double the previous bet/raise (excluding all-in situations). So if someone bets 800 on the flop, you can raise anything from 800 up to your stack size. As has been pointed out, the most important thing is to announce "raise" before you put any chips in the pot, and then you can do what you like.

Edit: I wouldn't worry too much about playing for the first time anyway, there will be plenty of more experienced players who will be happy to help you out. A lot of players probably started out in this freeroll as well, and I've never heard of any problems.

Did you go in...?if so how did you get on...?

Won a ticket :D

Couldn't believe it like, expected to be home by 10...cool atmosphere there etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Well Done,

I was going well last night, had a hefty stack at lost it pretty lively.
    Was disappointed going home, but didn't think I did too much wrong, but what do you reckon?

Blinds 400/800, limper (4000) in early position, folded to me in small blind (13000), I raised it to 4000 putting him all in, he called with 10 J ... I had AK, he caught a 10, so that was that.

About 15 mins later, another limper in from early position (5000), I was in late position(8000) with 10 10, I raised him all in again (seeing a trend here? lol), he had JJ .... bye bye chips

Then I had to double up, and went with K9s as the next blinds were approaching and I would feel them bad, and ran into QK, i hit the 9, but it went on to fill a straight for him.

So hero to zero very fast .... Any comments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

That's the way it goes with the freeroll, the blinds go up fast and you have to make your good hands count. Nothing wrong with your play there on any of the hands.

Unlucky Culchie, weren't on table 2 at the start were you?

How does the 250 tourney work by the way? I don't see anything about it on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

The 250 is on the last Thursday of every month. It starts at 8:30 pm. There is usually between 120 - 130 players. It's a freezeout and you will start with 5000 chips. The blinds start at 25-50 and go up every 25 mins. The top 18 get paid, money starts at around €350-€400. First place willl get around €11,000.

It's of a high quality bar the odd few freerollers who have jammed a ticket, of course I don't include you. I'm sure your a great player. You might even get to play against ex-World Champ, Noel Furlong, if your lucky. Enjoy, it's a great night.

Jammed a ticket? :D

Probably true though, haha. Someone was telling me that I've to pay 70 euro on top of that? And it's hold'em and omaha? Doesn't make sense... :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh and I'm far from a great player, only started recently :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

F Fiesta wrote:
    Jammed a ticket? :D

Probably true though, haha. Someone was telling me that I've to pay 70 euro on top of that? And it's hold'em and omaha? Doesn't make sense... :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh and I'm far from a great player, only started recently :)
    Thats sh1t. If you won a e270 ticket (e250 + e20 reg) then you pay nothing. If you won a ticket only then you have to pay the reg (e20).

It's all Hold'Em.

Enjoy.

I'm not sure if I won a 250 or a 270 ticket...

I can't sell that? Or can I only get credit for it?

Cheers

You can sell it.

From what I hear any credit won in the Thursday or Sunday freeroll has to be used in the end of month game,so no you cant get credit.

Okay...

Just wondering if I should sell it or not... :rolleyes:

Not experienced one bit, but was going to treat myself...

You should play a little more between now and then,after that see how you feel.

• Advertisement

You dont have to play it this Month if you dont feel upto it hold on ontill March and see how you feel then.

Advertisement