Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite weather?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I love this crisp sharp mornings in winter without a puff of air, no clouds either. Great for getting my 4 and 5 hour training spins done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

A crystal clear winters morning. The sun rising. Your breath fogged out in front of you. Is it just me or is this the best time for a sunrise?

Or....

January.... A cold sharp day... Heavy snow falling from the sky (which is sticking to the ground).

Or....

Summers evening. Nice and cool. Clear sky with no clouds. Sun just going down. Stars just coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Blue sky, clean snowfall, and about -10 to -20 degrees.

Preferable location - up the side of a mountain with two skis attached firmly to my feet :)

Can't be beaten.....although a massive electirical storm in the late evening / night is pretty damned cool too. But only with forked lightning . Sheet lightning is just not the same.

jc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Hate the heat.
    Hot sticky humid weather frustrates me, can't stick it.

Don't like sun either, my skin is of sensitive nature, burns easily and takes forever to heal even with factor 40 sunscreen ! :)

Thank god\allah for oncoming winter :D
    Roll on the wet windy freezing weather i say with a bit of snow thrown in :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I have two favorites...

When it rains I prefer a thunder and lightning show, or a really hard downpour. I dont much like the constant light rain, its boring.

Autumn weather is the best, it's cool enough for a sweater but not cold enough for a coat.

I cant stand the snow unless I am looking at it from my bed, its no fun to drive in it or walk in it everyday around here, the chill factor is a killer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

overcast and dry with a bit of a breeze.......im a fisherman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I like it hot, clear skys, but not humid. An irregular cool breeze is nice with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

force 5 south-westerly or north easterly, warmish.
    Time off college/work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Anything apart from dull, midge infested humidity or these seemingly neverending dark drab drizzly stretches from November-February.

I love clear warmish days in spring and autumn with blankets of mist that lift at sunrise. Clear frosty weather is also ok and I don't mind snow as long as I don't have to travel in it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Depends on what I'm doing.

Being soaked to the skin during warm summer rain - so wet that it doesn't matter anymore...

Dry windless overcast day for cycling (though in winter a sunny day of course) for cycling at night - a cloudless night on a full moon, otherwise overcase to keep it a bit warmer.

A nice wild day when at a rocky coastline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

10 in the mornin, bored, think i'll contribute to this old thread...

2 types of weather I love..

1) The cold wintery morning, when everyone is all wrapped up and u can see your breath, girls are all cute cos they have lil red noses + cheeks etc.

2) The weather when the sun is out. And its just warm. Theres a nice breeze, its perfect for wearing a t-shirt in, without being too hot or too cold. Simple way, teh sunny weather where u can play soccer in without sweating/feeling cold..

ahhhh roll on.

ps. most times i hate rain, it confines you indoors practically. but then sometimes its good cos it gives that real, warm house feeling, where your looking out and you've an excuse to stay in and watch a film, maybe order a pizza.

sin e

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

the best weather, has to be sheer lightning

i was in berlin in the summer, and got caught out in this vast lightning storm, was fantastic, crashes and bangs and flashes every second! i really enjoyed it.

the strangest thing, i thought anyway, was the lack of rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Beerbreath

Still thinking about that Karina Buckley.....damn she's too cute to be doing the weather. I can never remember a thing she says about rainstorms and high winds. Lisa Burke on Sky News weather seems to have the same effect....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Aaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhh LLLLLLiiiiiiisssssaaaa BBBBBuuuuuurrrrkkkkkeeeeeee *drools*

SHE is FINE. She comes from laois too! :p

Now my fav weather is snow and ice

I hate wind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Luke_TKD

My favourite weather without a doubt is one big crazy storm....

Huge winds, pouring rain, loads of thunder, and lightning.

I absolutely love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Those special days when the wind is blowing but there are no clouds to be seen in the sky. I don't even know if this kind of weather can exist yet I think I have experienced it twice before in my life (very nice,very refreshing).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I want rain, a good 2 foot of it if possible in Galway. If not possible, as much as possible and a low tide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dreamcatcher

Lexie wrote:
    Those mornings when you wake up and there is ground frost and the air is crisp and clear.

Really heavy rain and wind, when you are lying in bed and it is pounding off the roof. Very relaxing.

I love those weathers too Lexie.
    A good frost is lovely and refreshing, especially when you're out walking.
    When there's strong winds, it's best that there's some trees in the garden which kinda filter the "noise" of the wind. Very "Wuthering Heights"!

I think December is my favourite month in this country weather-wise. Also September/October can be lovely late summer early Autumn days.
    August tends to be a bit humid - you know those days when you can smell everything - the rubbish bins, everyone's perfume, cigarette smoke, b.o. - hate that kinda weather - a few hours of summer rain is a god send during this kind of weather - big huge drops of rain! Also during this type of humid weather if there's nice misty rain, it's lovely - doesn't happen very often though, also this invariably makes the barnet go from sleek to frizzy, but heh! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I'd say I love a V.cold wind with a nice crisp air with no sun just pure cloud and absolutley NO humidty!

Ahh when those days come:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Blizzards with loads of snow fallings and sticking, huge drifts, more snow
    and more snow. Dublin grinding to s standstill the family all in the house
    no electricity :D:D:D:D:D:D

Of course i also love big storm systems with really tight isobars with
    intense bomb intenswification and really high winds. :D:D

Not to mention pretty much all other weather.

Nothing can beat 28c pure blue skies and a barby, with a warm southerly
    breeze :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Griffon

I love warm sunny weather. I hate anything to don with being cold. Except for maybe snow as I enjoy skiing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I must say I like a cold rainy day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭ando

Franky Boy wrote:
    I must say I like a cold rainy day!

yea have to say yesterday's drizzle was a relief from the really humid weather we've been having lately

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭kindredspirit

Snoozing in the sun on a hillside feeling the sun's warmth on you, occasionally opening an eye to see a solitary white fluffy cloud scudding by and hearing the distant drones of light aeroplanes. The feeling that you have all the time in the world. Bliss!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Really really cold and crisp for me- possibly with really dry snow crunching as I walk on it. You know the really bright and clear, but bitterly cold day- light northerly breeze, little white fluffy clouds flitting overhead. Mmmm- we haven't had weather like that here since 1985!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Gotta say its when its a really clear night, where the stars are cleary visible and the twilight moon relflects off the dew covered grass :D

Oh heh my favourite day time weather would be when the sun sets over the horizon and fills the sky a deep 'reddy orangey' colour with nice cloud formations and a warm gentle breeze. sounds like the scene of some fairytale. lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭lazylad

I love storms and heavy wind. Always have loved storms. House next door to me was struck by lightening when I was 10 and do I remember the BANG!! Always loved heavy rain, storm force winds and just seeing everywhere in a storm!

I love the snow and really cold weather too. But severe weather is probably the best of the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Thunder and Lightning, I love to watch.

I can remember two really good storms and one not so good one. The first was when I was at home and we had sheet lightning which killed the lights and the TV every time it flashed, my mum was trying to watch Princess Dianas interview on BBC.

The second was the not so good one, it was over waterford and while I was in school the lightning would briefly kill the lights then by the time I got home, parts of waterford were in the dark, it was the first time that the light pollution was gone and I could see the stars from my window where I was watching the storm.

The best was the more recent one. It was over Kilkenny county and I was watching the forks from my house, it was spectacular, one of the best.

I only wish that Ireland had more lightning storms, I dont think that we will get them anytime soon though as it is just not warm enough during the days. But I live in hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

I love loads of fog. And also the really hot days we had this summer - 29/30 degrees not a cloud in the sky.. better than the rain/wind/cold we're having now :v: :v: :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I love extreames of weather, either heatwaves or storms or snow. I love the excitment of it, I think there's a buzz around weather that we're not familiar with. But I absolutly hate damp wet grey weather, its just boring and miserable.

Advertisement