Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah I bought men in black for the PC years ago. My god...

I bought the "Starsiege Universe" pack which had the excellent Tribes 1 but also had this completely crap game where robots fought and tuuuuurrrrnnnnneeeddd arrrooouuuuunnnndd slooooowlllyyy alot.

Black and white was a complete crock of utter horshesh*t I have ever come across too. And screw you Max Payne haters that game was l33t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Just outa interest I was wonder WHY? dont people like Max Payne?

Not try to be pious im just wonder what the reasons are?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Heres why i don't like it. Not the worst game in the world but definitely the worst game I've bought except for Unreal 2.

During the first level I was like 'Wow! This feels so cool!'. By the 3rd level I was like 'Haven't I been doing the same thing over and over again, bullet time shoot guys, bullet time, shoot guys, look at boring grapjics novel that disguises a crap story with naff noirish feel, rinse and repeat'. By the 4th level I was well and truely sick of this and I still don't know how I managed to finish. Apart from bullet time this game was just an uninventive bog standard 3rd person shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Despite it not being my type of game (current favourites, Morrowind, PES2 and Op Flash) I loved Max Payne, it had arguably the best graphics around on it's release day, had a great gimmick (which is getting old now) and for it's duration was a bag of fun. For me that duration was less than one weekend. I wouldn't have liked to have paid 50 quid for it, but I enjoyed it. If anyone thinks it's the worst game ever then they haven't played too many games or have a talent for over exaggeration that is beyond my comprehension.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It isn't the worst game ever. It's just that it's one of the worst games I have ever bought. I usually like all the games I buy and hardly ever pick up a crap one. Out of all my games max payne was one of the worst. And it wasn't worth the money for just a weekend of it. MGS was worth the money for the two days it lasted me but max payne definitely wasn't.

• Advertisement

I was taking the piss out of myself when I said i never get anything wrong.

Anyway, worst game ever has got to be russian roulette.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

..with a semi-auto.

Great Spectator sport though.

With a semi? kind of defeats the purpose. With a semi you know you will die. With a revolver if you can't see the bullet it's 50/50.

Agreed it is a great spectator sport. Now where's my copy of deer hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

With a semi? kind of defeats the purpose.

I rather think that was his point.

Asuka and Retr0gamer - your flame posts have been deleted. Make me do that again and I'll ban both of you from the board for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The worst game ever has to be Final Fantasy 7. Chocobo racing for crying out loud!

Remember Retro, no flaming or you might get kicked :p

Deer hunter is fairly bad too!

• Advertisement

Hey Shinji. Do you know what would be really sarcastic. If you kicked Prae for trolling. He's only trying to get me kicked. (have to agree with the chocobo racing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Zelda - THe wind walker.

Talk about over hyped, graphics were crap like somerthing out of a cartoon, esp when you see how good metriod is.

I hope you are taking the piss. Whatever you think about Zelda, there are far worse games out there.

Thought of another 1 Night trap for Mega CD.

www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm.htm

Theres a link to EGMs worst games ever. I'd love to try a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭weemcd

to be honest me and my friends like max payne more than half lif- truly.

now thats stirring the shiite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

no way is zelda on gc the worst game ever.
    i haven't even played it, but by looking at the graphics and reading reviews anyone can tell theres plenty of games out there that aren't 1/100th. the game of zelda. so stupid a comment, it nearly deserves kicking(well not really, but pretty stupid anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, max payne was great fun while it lasted.
    i've played through it on every difficulty bar new york minute now & played most of the game with the kung fu mod 3.0.
    i guess it holds a special place in my heart because my surname is practically 'payne' (whenever i get 200 yoyo together for the deed poll:rolleyes:)

Seriously though, the worst ever game is definitely Mario 1. I am now apparently qualified to say it’s crap because I've beaten it. Thank you Retrogamer rule number 1.

Now you can never say another bad word about Unreal until you finish it you muppet.

I dare you!

That is all.

p.s. No looking up gamefaq's like you normally do.

I don't think you could make yourself out to be any more than a muppet prae :-)

I told you about Unreal. I got half way through that piece of tripe and then decided I could be playing something far better like FFX.

Sure you said Deus Ex was muck because even though you only played a tiny bit of the demo. And this is coming from some one who won't play an RPG because he thinks they are crap despite never playing one and also thinks that Matrix Reloaded was a great film.

You can give out to me about what i said tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

"In cold blood" is perhaps the worst game ever.

There was actually a part very near the start where it was IMPOSSIBLE to get by. I started a new game and a character who previously would not give me any Info, Now told me how to exit the level, using a switch that was not there the first time I played it!

I was shocked, I still dont know what went wrong with the first game

Unreal 2 is actually a good game, not worth its asking price though (It may be gone down now) I got a lend of it so I didnt have to pay the 50-55 euro.

When It comes out on budget, it will be a great buy.

I don't think you could make yourself out to be any more than a muppet prae :-)

Ill have to agree with you there!

Well, okay, I can't defend the Deus Ex thing - muppet!

But, well, Unreal was a fantastic game. And Matrix Reloaded was a damn good film. :)

Still, I do think it's so cute the way you two crazy lovebirds bring your little bickerings onto the Games forum, and then no doubt have make-up sex later on where whichever one of you has been bitchier on the Interweb during the day has to BE the bitch for the evening....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire
    Zelda - THe wind walker.

Talk about over hyped, graphics were crap like somerthing out of a cartoon, esp when you see how good metriod is.

wow, you really looked deep into the game not to see past the graphics, i mean i thought games were rated on how good they are-not how the look

Uh! Gay jokes. The ghost of 50cents lives on in Shinji :) Although your slaggings are slightly more subtle. Very unbecoming of the moderator of GLB. :)

I've given up on arguing about Reloaded, seems you either found it great or slightly better than average.

As for Unreal, don't mention the war.

Unreal was great for it’s time. Deus ex was fantastic after a slow start, has Retrogamer played either of these games, of course not. He’s a console only muppet.

Let me make one thing clear, Retrogamer is my bitch.

Actually I'd love to play Deus Ex but have too many other games to play. As for Unreal if you see through the gorgeous graphics it is quite an uninspiring game. I found it like single player Quake 1 except with more cliched underpowered weapons and even dodgier enemies, had to laugh at the moonwalking animation and their pitiful attempts at dodging. Didn't like Unreals graphical style either which was really badly done futuristic gothic in my opinion. And for gods sake. There is a snot launcher in it and it's useless.

Theres my reasons why i didn't like it. Don't want to get into an arguement.

Uh! Gay jokes. The ghost of 50cents lives on in Shinji Although your slaggings are slightly more subtle. Very unbecoming of the moderator of GLB.

Actually it was more of an attempt at a vaguely humourous hint that maybe you and Praetorian should stop sucking each others cocks non-stop on this board because it's getting VERY tedious for everyone else....

Uh, er! no need to get jealous cos some one is getting some. Love to start a flame war but there is only one outcome to that.

Thought of another crap game. Mortal Kombat advanced. It's by far the worse mk game. Forgot which of my friends bought it but it really is pure scutter. the only ever game to get 0 from the three reviewers at EGM.

We obviously have very different game tastes. We just take digs at each other for the fun of it. I think almost everyone realises that we aren’t serious. At least we are “vaguely humorous” ;)

We aren’t “sucking each others cocks”. We are not even gay! You have a dirty mind Shinji. Somebody should find you a nice fella!

OK I get your point. I promise there will be no more needless slagging of praetorian. If I want to do that I'll go to afterhours not games.

Or better again, just bring it to email. I don't have issues with people having a dig at each other, but it's getting very annoying watching the pair of you have personal b1tch-fights on a pile of threads here. Other users of the board have complained to me about you as well.

• Advertisement

I'll stop slagging him aswell then. I'd say it brought more smiles to people than frowns however!

Arrivederci

Advertisement