Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst game

Options
  • 13-07-2003 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

like in other parts of the boards, ive decided to do the oposite of the thread favourite games etc. so- Whats the worst game you ever played?

i'm split between the sims and the south park doom style one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Quake 3 & Will Rock - in that order :D

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Counterstrike............................................... joke!!!

Hate Prince of Persia

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast.
    I mean was it even a game? Just hold up and he runs through the levels you dont have to do anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

duke nukem 64. pure and utter piss. like a very, very bad doom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Normally, I avoid bad games by reading reviews/getting opinions from other ppl. Once though, my brother won a Peter Pan game for PSI (didn't waste brain space on storing exact title) which was quite head-wreaking - dull, poor responses and a really annoying "enthusiastic", cheesy comments in a whiny American accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Dark Castle on the Mega Drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Decathlon, on the Atari 2600 years ago. It blew monkey chunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

Rygar, NES

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

FFVII

If I wanted 3 cds of FMV I'd get a movie on SVCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

the worst game

the sim,s good god almighty its a boreing boreing game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Poll Of Radiance : Ruins of Myth Drannor.

Dreadful control system made the damned thing unplayable <shudders>.

oh... and Rise Of The Robots. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Rubies of Eventide.
    I played this game recently (MMORPG) and dear christ...

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

Rise of the Robots on the sMegaDrive was pretty bad but the 'Sucky-Sucky-Award' goes to:

Winter Olympics on the Amiga

Not only was it the single biggest contributor to carpel tunnel syndrome(sp?) in 1994 (then again, what wasn't...), but you could play multiplayer on one machine. This meant sitting around for ages, bored to tears, waiting for it to finally be your turn and then spending a few seconds nearly cracking the joystick on the cross-country ski-ing bit between a few of hte stages in the hope that your target practice was good...

Welcome to yawn central...population you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I think I played Beyond Dark Castle, which was no doubt a sequel to Dark Castle, and I remember enjoying it. Of course, I was very young and it was a game with the words "dark" and "castle" in its title, with the promise of getting to venture even "beyond" these mighty perimiters.

On topic, a million Amiga platformers spring to mind... Soccer Kid especially... oh, and Clayfighter 63 1/3 and Turok 2 (even moreso than that South Park one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I seem to recall a game on the atari ST called Hunter, it was one of the first ever games to use polygonas, and basically involved moving a big block around some islands. It was a little like masturbating with a cheesegrater, Interesting, but ultimately painful.
    Also worth a mention were:
    Elf
    Power drift
    Pit fighter

Oni
    Max payne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by Deadwing

Power drift....

Absolutely agree, rubbish

...Max payne

:confused: WTF!, are you crazy ? ;);) Man, I really like that game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,857 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Worst games I've been unfortunate enough to pay for:

Max Payne
    SoF 1+2
    Mercs (C64 arcade game was great)

Worst games I've ever played:

Dark Castle (MD)
    Rise of the Robots

If I was at home I would get the muppet card for SyxPak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Carmageddon - PS1. Was it even a game ?

Downloaded that ET game for Atari 2600 to see was it as bad as the legend says..... it is. Still don't know what its about.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Men In Black For the PS. Fnckin hated that game...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,857 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually now that I think about it Max Payne wasn't so bad compared to Men in Black on the PC ( same as PS game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Gun man chronicles was fair ****e! it used the half life engine so i thought it might be half decent, jesus i was sooooooo wrong!! The sims is fair boring too, watched my cousin play it, what a crap game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by SyxPak
    FFVII

If I wanted 3 cds of FMV I'd get a movie on SVCD.
    I dont care if thats a troll - those words deserve death! :p

Actually, Enter the Matrix did a pretty good impression of the worst game ever, maybe not on merit (or lack of same), but based on the amount of money and hype that went into such a truly awful game.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

wait, wait, wait.

Daikatana.

Daikatana was an under rated masterpiece. It was a journey through the soul of the character to see just how much frustration the human soul could endure. The weapons were extremely original, I mean come on it had a shotgun and rocket launcher. And then there was the enemies. Those little flying bugs that attacked had some really advanced AI and were great fun to fight against since they were almost impossible to hit. They made the marines in HL look like the ghosts in Pac man. The graphics engine was sublime. While everyone was playing HL and Unreal daikatana proved that a virtually unmodified Quake 2 engine could look nicer than any of the other engines.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Am I feeling very subtle sarcasm here?????? There is no way you can be serious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Another vote for Max Payne.

What a load of ****e. I wish I could have punched him in the face. IN THE FACE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Quigs Snr
    Carmageddon - PS1. Was it even a game ?
    ah ffs, i'd just managed to forget about that big pile of dog mess...
    "DRIVE IN A STRAIGHT LINE FFS!!!!"
    i still give carmageddon 1 & 2 a quick blast every now & again on the pc, i can't believe they could've turned such a class game into such unplayable muck:(

the italian job (ps1)
    "NO, I DON'T WANT TO OBEY THE ****ING SPEED LIMIT, ESPECIALLY WITH THESE ****E CONTROLS AND AN UNREADABLE SPEEDO!!!"
    i'm glad to say i didn't own either of those games.

i remember a pc game from 95-98 with dino in the title, good god that was poo!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

enter the matrix has to get a mention,
    i read a review, but my brother bought it because he's an idiot. it's probably the worst game in my house, and on last count i had over 200 games. its terrible, and the fact that so many people think its "f***ing brilliant!" makes me hate it even more...

actually the sims might just be worse, my sister has all the expansions and its currently taking up 4 gigabytes, thats 1/10 of my hard-drive dedicated to pure crap.

and hey, sof 1 and 2 are good games, they're hardly classics but still a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You can replay levels trying to break the current record number of groin shots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Some people here have said Max Payne I mean WTF!!!

Brilliant game! and no where nearly as bad as some of these mentioned.

Anyway, bad games......

Mario Allstars
    Super Soccer
    Battle Toads
    Redneck Rampage
    Mario Kart 64 (what a let down from the org)
    Mario 64
    Versile
    Delat Force Series (and most of those battle simulators on PC except 1942)
    Tetris

Advertisement