Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation Help!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

This is the start of day 4 and all of my channels have come through on my new card except for BBC1. For some reason I'm not too worried about this ;o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

No luck for me yet although I did get an email from Lukes family last night to say that they were faxing through the list of numbers for activation(didn't know you could do it that way) and to leave the box on. Anyway still looking at fta channels. I did add itv via other cannels but its blank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Mine activated at 6.55pm yesterday evening. Everything there except BBC1.

Was flicking through the channels when the Search and Scan banner stopped working for about 30 seconds and when I went to the TV Guide all the channels were showing.

Checked this morning again and BBC1 not on yet. Not too bothered about it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mine got activated during yesterday evening sometime. BBC 1 still not on last night at 10 but i think it will be on now somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 brenny2506

Got a card through friend in UK, who only posted it to me yesterday (he was on holidays). However I got details of card from him before he posted. I rang call centre, gave the lady all the details and asked for card to be activated, she asked me if card was in digibox, I said it was!!. she then confirmed that signal was sent and card would be activated in next 24/72 hours. She requested serial number and version number of digibox which I gave her.

When I get my card and put it in digibox, it should activate automatically

Will this work?

• Advertisement

So are they still doing activations today ? I thought it finished yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 brenny2506

Sorry!!

I rang yesterday,

don't know if you can activate card today.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Just got an email from Luke (guess he must be ok) 20 minutes ago to say that my card was activated this morning. I wont know for sure until I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by JohnDigital
    Just got an email from Luke (guess he must be ok) 20 minutes ago to say that my card was activated this morning. I wont know for sure until I get home.
    If it isn't on when you go home give it some time after - the call centre said mine had already been activated quite a few hours before it actually began to come on (I assume it had been put in the queue). Another few days of the card in the box won't hurt you too much.

So is anyone else still waiting for activation ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

All 3 cards from luke now activated, last just came through today at dinner time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 IPFreely

Mine was sorted too this morning! Just waiting on bbc1

Well mine wasn' done as of 8.30 this morning. Will see later I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

True to his promise, card is activated and all channels working :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

Originally posted by Icehouse
    This is the start of day 4 and all of my channels have come through on my new card except for BBC1. For some reason I'm not too worried about this ;o)

BBC 1 should have come through today on your BBC card. Two of mine did. I had actually forgotten that i did not wait to get BBC 1 activated a few weeks ago.

Did anyone else here miss out on this ?

Advertisement