Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation Help!

Options
  • 17-06-2003 9:54am
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

I've just received a UK FTV card. I have to get it activated. I wish to card swop with my sub card. How can I get the card activated just for ITV, C4 & 5?
    I want to get the this is the wrong card for this box message on the BBC channels. How do I get the card activated without getting it married to the box- short of getting someone else to do it for me- and how do I do it without getting caught?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Calm down.

If you got the FTV card from a contack in the UK then simply ring them and ask them to phone and get the card activated.

You will need to provide them with your digibox details (Services -> 4 -> 5) with the FTV card inserted.

There is no problem activating a FTV card in a box with an Irish sub. Many people here have that setup and it works very well for them.

The card has to be activated in a box to enable ITV, Channel 4 and five so you may as well activate the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

I have my card activated but cannot receive BBC1. It tells me that this programme is not available. Any ideas

It can take up to 72 hours for BBC1 to come through. Ideally you should leave the card in the digibox until it comes through as you may miss the activation signal.

If it is more than 72 hours, ring the number again and say tell them BBC1 has not yet come through. They should send the signal again.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭mike2084

Does this all mean that activated FTV cards don't actually get married to the box? Then I can activate my FTV card and I can still use everything on the sub card.

A card can be married to only one box.

But a box can have many cards married to it.

So, you can use your sub card and your fully activated FTV card on the one box with no problems.

• Advertisement

Just like to thank everyone for their help. Both activated FTV card and sub card working well. 10 channels came through quite quick but still waiting on BBC 1 (Since 10:30 a.m. Thurs) although I had expected that. I am getting a '08' message on BBC 1.

You should ideally leave the FTV card in the box until all channels are activated. Bit awkward with BBC1 taking so long but definately leave it in if no one is watching and overnight.

BBC 1 Came through at 9:30 this morning- thanks again for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Got my card from luke today and rang him with all the information but still 6 hours later nothing has come through on my card from sky except the Free to air channels, excuse me for getting a bit panic stricken but to-days the 8th and cut off date is the 10th anyone know how long it will take to get any sign of activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

U should get BBC2 etc in less than an hour, BBC1 takes up to 72 hrs.

Did u give all the info and as a matter of interest why did u not ring the activation number yourself?

gb--

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Quick related question:

I've my unactivated FTV card in the box, UK friend phoned some time today so hoprefully it'll get activated at some point. I've added some of the TV channels in Add Channels - going to one of these gives me the "Card not activated" message

EPG-wise, I've only the FTA channels listed (including the BBC radio channels at 851 and above). Is this OK? Should I have the Beeb Tv channels listed at 101/102 but blocked on an unactivated card?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Originally posted by TIPPTOP
    Got my card from luke today and rang him with all the information but still 6 hours later nothing has come through on my card from sky except the Free to air channels, excuse me for getting a bit panic stricken but to-days the 8th and cut off date is the 10th anyone know how long it will take to get any sign of activation.

Me too, rang yesterday and again at about lunchtime today, he said he would get to them this afternoon..... but obviously not gurrr!

Originally posted by sceptre
    Quick related question:

I've my unactivated FTV card in the box, UK friend phoned some time today so hoprefully it'll get activated at some point. I've added some of the TV channels in Add Channels - going to one of these gives me the "Card not activated" message

EPG-wise, I've only the FTA channels listed (including the BBC radio channels at 851 and above). Is this OK? Should I have the Beeb Tv channels listed at 101/102 but blocked on an unactivated card?

Im not sure, my old ftv card came with the full UK EPG showing on it but access to BBC/ITV/C4 etc only possible after activation. This new card just gives the same EPG as if you have no card in the box at all. Strange!

Me too, rang yesterday and again at about lunchtime today, he said he would get to them this afternoon..... but obviously not gurrr! [/QUOTE]

Still no sign of anything happening, I'll ring him in the morning because only one day left to activate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Has anyone been on to Luke this morning and what has he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

same problem here....I got a card from Luke on Monday and rang him with the details first thing yesterday morning...still no BBC/ITV/4/5 appearing on the EPG which is very strange.

With the old version card I got from him all those channels appeared on the EPG immediately even though they were not accessible.

I have the BBC channels stored on my other channels section in readiness for them being available soon hopefully but when I select them with the FTV card in it just says this card is not authorised..please contact your broadcaster. I thought it used to give you the FTV number to ring to get it activated?

I've emailed Luke with all my details so if he needs to get the signal sent again, Maybee with the rush to get the new style FTV cards he just could'ent get time to ring the BBC with everyones details, But the last FTV card I got old style all the channels were there withinn a hour and BBC1 took a few hours later but this card is just dead only the channels from 181 up that are free

Is there any point in ringing the FTV centre my self and just giving a english telephone number, will they forward me to an operator and ask me for my address that the card was sent too, If still not there by this evening I'll be geting desperate

Clock is Ticking :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

When you ring to activate, you will either get an automatic thingy that asks tou to tap your UK phone no. and card box serial number - this then checks the open tkt they have for 'you' and your card gets married to that serial. The other option is to call the helpdesk, don't bother listening to any of the messages, just press 3 (or zero if you're in a real hurry!) and speak to an operator. Operator's ask for the card number or reference number, ask you to confirm (i.e. give them) the first line of your UK address and then ask you for almost everything that you see on the System Details screen. Activation is immediate, taking viewable effect within 20 minutes and if your address is outside of London, the BBC 1 activation takes up to 3 days. That said BBC1 may appear more quickly what with D-DAy being tomorrow!

But that only wonks if you have the details that were used to get the card in the first place, none of us have that info as our cards were not sourced buy ourselves.

Originally posted by JohnDigital
    But that only wonks if you have the details that were used to get the card in the first place, none of us have that info as our cards were not sourced buy ourselves.

Got this from digital spy forum but dont't kinow if it would work

Plug your box into the phone line. Go into the hidden Installer's
    Menu, (Services-4-0-1-Select) Click on 'New Installation'
    and follow the prompts.

Is that for sky subscription and would it be possible to use 141 in front of the numer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Lukes phone seems to be off the hook all morning. Sent him an email ten minutes ago. Hopefully that should do the job.

Its possible that with the deadline looming the activation process is backed up with a larger than usual queue of cards to be activated. Thats just a theory though.

Is anyone going to be near their digibox at lunchtime to see if the channels have come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

whats his email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I got through to Luke about 20 minutes ago (after trying every day for the past week).
    I asked him about the FTV card which I ordered 4 weeks ago, he said it should have been sent last week. I still don't have it:(
    Q. What happens if I don't receive my card until next week? Will I still be able to activate it? or should I just cancel my order?

easy now,
    moz.

Originally posted by irishgeo
    whats his email address.

Dkrizlam@aol.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Originally posted by corkviewer
    Is anyone going to be near their digibox at lunchtime to see if the channels have come through?

Well nothing on mine as of ten minutes ago :-(

Thanks got the girl who works in west sat and gave her the details. She said she get it done as luke wasnt feeling to well and had gone home.

In regards to the lack of signals could it be that BBC stopped sending them early.

Just got her also. Said she would activate it asap.

And have the channels come on?

• Advertisement

dont know yet. i am not at home so i dont know. had it all set up before i left the house.

Advertisement