Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation Help!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Wont know till this evening. I put the FTV card in the digibox before leaving for work this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭corkviewer

Fingers crossed so and mine too although I didn't ring them since lunchtime yesterday when I was assured it would be working by the end of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Mine has been in the box for the last few days, just rang now and it had not been done yet, they said they would do it "as soon as possible".

Better be working when I get home tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 IPFreely

Originally posted by irishgeo
    Thanks got the girl who works in west sat and gave her the details. She said she get it done as luke wasnt feeling to well and had gone home.

Kinda makes it sound like that Luke has an office - got a phome call from Luke Davy's dad last week asking how many cards I wanted. When I answered the phone he said "Hi, this is Luke Davy's dad, Mark!" The girl from westsat was probably his Mam! He "wasn't feeling too well", hopefully he hasn't done a legger with the cash from all the FTV cards we bought without activating them!

Sent him an email with all the box details and no reply yet!Can't get through to his phone either! :(

Keep trying the phone, you will get through eventually. I sent two emails with the details and phoned twice before today and it was not activated yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

What happens if you cannot get your card activated in the next day or so? Is there a cut off time for activating cards?

easy now,
    moz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Looks like there's nowone in the office now just an answering machine.:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Hopefully they have turned the answering machine on to give them a chance to ring the BBC.

If they would just give us the contact details on the cards we could activate them ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

if they dont activate them i would ask for a refund. Its a useless bit of plastic otherwise and still could be in a week or two.

Just got through there and the lady told me that "Luke has been rushed to hospital"! She took card number, version number and serial number and said she would activate the card straight away!

• Advertisement

Has anyone in the last few days got a card activated by them? Perhaps they stopped doing it on july 1st

hopefully he is alright or it might just be a ploy to stop us bothering him.

Sounds quite likely. Anyway I'm off home to check shortly not that I have very high hopes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Jimmyireland

Why is every one complaining and bitching so much.

If they had ordered cards on time and not at the last minute then they would be up and running by now.

Why leave it until the last minute and then statrt panicking.

It was not so very long ago that I saw some compliments going out to Luke and his peers, for his efficient handling of the cards.

Give over and live with it

I ordered my card on 4th June, which I thought would be plenty of time.... obviously not it only arrived last Monday.

What is wrong with a bit of panicing anyway LOL

I like to live things till the last minute as its keeps the adreline(sp?) going.:D

Well I'm home and no activation yet.

Originally posted by corkviewer
    Well I'm home and no activation yet.

What do you get on your screen at the moment corkviewer - what channels are available to you?

Just the free to air ones starting at 181 (I think) One of the travel channels. Its mustly jsut shopping channels cnn and sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

They have had a busy day alright.

Some of the cards were applied for under different names (which is the correct way to do it). But it seems the name & address info for some cards may not be available.

Oh well, they are doing their best, but some of us will be dissappointed.

regards,
    Dave

daveharlowe@hotmail.com

• Advertisement

When u put in the card first day what did it say - I got something about "card not being authorised for this box. please contact...."

Originally posted by daveharlowe
    They have had a busy day alright.

Some of the cards were applied for under different names (which is the correct way to do it). But it seems the name & address info for some cards may not be available.

daveharlowe@hotmail.com
    Why would the info and names and address not be available:ninja:

No I didn't get that message. Well we can only wait and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭daveharlowe

Originally posted by TIPPTOP
    Why would the info and names and address not be available:ninja:

The info for cards older than 2 months might not be available to her ....The card I am trying to activate is from around that time...

In other words, I reckon I am out of luck...

Hope it works out for you though!
    regards,
    Dave

daveharlowe@hotmail.com

I ordered 3 cards from Luke and after many phonecalls and a couple of e-mails in the last 3 days 1 of the cards just got activated at about 6 o clock this evening crossing my fingers for the other 2 (my brothers and fathers):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭arkles

try adding UTV in add channels 10906 v 22.0 5/6

u should have a picture there an hour or two before EPG is updated

if utv shows a tv prog then u know that the activation process has started

Well I guess they didnt get around to doing my one. Gurr.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭mike2084

Now time for a little concern- whatever about FTV Cards- Does anyone know if Luke's all right? I ask as he was very helpful to me and I wouldn't like to hear bad news. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

My sister got a card activated today which worked out OK despite a few phone calls. I'm sure the BBC-FTV phone line was very busy as was everyone else there in preparation for tomorrow.

Luke and his family were very patient and helpful so I'm sure there was no badness involved.

It's a pity that there may have been a few people who were just too late but I'm sure they could organise a subscription which could be later cancelled leaving the free channels there anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Probably a pretty stressful time for Luke getting cards activated before the deadline as well.

My card (which I got from a friend in the UK on Monday) finally got activated this evening (after two calls from him (Tuesday and today) and one from me (Tuesday) to the call centre). Tempted as I was to ring back again this afternoon, I decided to let it go and hope for the best. Quite a happy moment when playing with Other Channels and seeing channels come through and later the EPG arrive (two days of nothing but Sky News and the odd TCM movie was driving me up the wall (or at least driving me to watch some bid-up.tv to break the monotony). No BBC1 yet (hopefully it'll come on - then I can at least switch cards back)

So there's definitely some kind of queue system going on (or at least a substantial delay) - anyone who's still waiting for activation might well get lucky yet.

Of course, Sods law is coming into play and there's bugger all on at the moment except for a BBC2 show about vector spaces. Or a BBC4 show about Antonio Negri.

Advertisement