Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver (BB) details for the Republic

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Where did you read it was a 12month contract? The T&C's are due to be released today but I don't see 'em on the website as of yet. Still the "Pre Register" page.

But on that note; Please don't make it a 12 month contract, can't take the risk of being stuck with a pricey DSL for 12 months if wireless at €30 per month is available!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

t&c's up

it is 12 months

i want to know if this is leniant?
    i'll be moving in the next few months and would be p'd off to find i still had to pay for the service in an area where it wasn't available

just a concern 8)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by PiE
    Where did you read it was a 12month contract? The T&C's are due to be released today but I don't see 'em on the website as of yet. Still the "Pre Register" page.

But on that note; Please don't make it a 12 month contract, can't take the risk of being stuck with a pricey DSL for 12 months if wireless at €30 per month is available!
    I would not expect €30 wireless to become widely available any time soon. If it did, DSL would have to come down in price to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

IBB are planning on having that Ripwave stuff released in a few months, I'll be within range of at least 2 of their Dublin transmitters...

I can't see eircom lowering the wholesale DSL price to compete with IBB tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its all official now.. you can order it... unfortunatly im staying clear.. i cant abide by a 5gb cap, plain and simple! They have in their terms and conditions they will charge 1.5c per mb over the 5gb.. no thanks... I may not even go over it but im not prepared to take that chance.

Ah well netsource here i come :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by PiE
    I can't see eircom lowering the wholesale DSL price to compete with IBB tbh.
    No, not until their coverage is a lot more widespread.

Advertisement