Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragic incident. Wild animals are wild

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Jesus that is awful news.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Richard308

Poor family

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kunekunesika

Jaysus, that s rough. Poor family.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭no_4

RIP to that young man and condolences to his family and family and Friend s

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I've moved and copied some posts into the ICABS thread here.

I want his thread kept clean and on topic. Any deviation from the topic will result in the post being moved, edited or deleted (as required).
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Very sad at this time of year.

Are 'pet' stag a thing? Or is it just poorly phrased?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Some of the comments I've read under the page on other media pages are disgusting. People blatantly saying he deserved it and one less w4nker to harm animals!
    Disgusting from people in this country.
    Very sad news. Kids have lost their father and wife lost a husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

RIP and sincere condolences to Mr Withers’ family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

Very sad at this time of year.

the stag was kept so the hounds could be steady to deer and stay true to fox when hunting,,thereby not having headlines stating ''poor deer attacked by savage dogs'' etc...A very popular and nice man he was,sad affair when folk rejoice in the death of a human over and animal...RIP...to his family condolences,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I made the mistake of looking at the comments after some of the articles of this tragic case.
    It was mind boggling to see the vitriol posted.
    To see comments delighting in the untimely death of a man who was highly regarded by many and not to mention a much loved son, husband, father, brother and friend to many was disgusting.
    The lives of his family left behind have been most cruelly changed. Sincere condolences to all who will miss him.

I’ve nothing nice to say about those who write and think such terrible comments about human loss so I’ll say nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

transit260 wrote: »
    the stag was kept so the hounds could be steady to deer and stay true to fox when hunting,,thereby not having headlines stating ''poor deer attacked by savage dogs'' etc...A very popular and nice man he was,sad affair when folk rejoice in the death of a human over and animal...RIP...to his family condolences,

That is very interesting and a good procedure for a kennel club to have in place.
    On the rare occasion we hunt Foxes the dogs always end up following deer and our day is finished.

Condolences to this man's family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,857 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

feartuath wrote: »
    That is very interesting and a good procedure for a kennel club to have in place.
    On the rare occasion we hunt Foxes the dogs always end up following deer and our day is finished.

Condolences to this man's family and friends.

No, it's not.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,084 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think domesticated would have been more accurate.
    I can understand the logic of having hounds used to deer. I assume that it wasn’t actually kennelled, and that was just bad phrasing also.

My condolences to the family. Tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭transit260

Mellor wrote: »
    I think domesticated would have been more accurate.
    I can understand the logic of having hounds used to deer. I assume that it wasn’t actually kennelled, and that was just bad phrasing also.

My condolences to the family. Tragedy

it was kept in a large enclosure im told ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

When Bambi gets aggressive and starts becoming a stickup artist!:pac::rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement