Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Millionaire Raffle Lotto

Options
  • 16-12-2020 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Well it's that time of the year again.. €25 for a ticket with a 1 in 83 chance of winning something..

Who's in? I recall all tickets didn't sell out last year. Bought a ticket myself yesterday and it was in the 130k's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Brought for last 4 years not won a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Got 1 2 weeks ago.Dont expect to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Don't like those odds for 25 nicker.

Bought one years ago as a Xmas pressie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I’d sooner win a million than 200 million.

I have a ticket, i expect little. I don’t get disappointed then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Didn't it used to be €20 and restricted to 250,000 tickets? Now it's €25 and upto 500,000 tickets. They won't sell that many though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭buried

Handy Christmas present for the likes that want to be lazy about buying one.
    Possibly a $cam too. Anybody ever heard of anyone actually winning the thing in the good few years its been going on?

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

They always say restricted amount tickets have they ever ran out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Wheety wrote: »
    Didn't it used to be €20 and restricted to 250,000 tickets? Now it's €25 and upto 500,000 tickets. They won't sell that many though.

I’m sure they put a positive “spin” on that. Like when they made out that more balls in the lotto was a good thing.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I’m sure they put a positive “spin” on that. Like when they made out that more balls in the lotto was a good thing.
    I presume there are more of the lower prizes but it's still only 1 top prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

We had 5 tickets in the house last year and won
    €500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Can you link it here? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,752 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

buried wrote: »
    Possibly a $cam too. Anybody ever heard of anyone actually winning the thing in the good few years its been going on?

I just had a look at last years thread. Three people said they won €500, and one person won €5,000. About 450,000 tickets sold last year.

Wasn't there a chap on here last year wondering if he won anything - he was one number out (in numerical order, if the winner was 4321, he was 4322). Felt bad for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,194 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Wasn't there a chap on here last year wondering if he won anything - he was one number out (in numerical order, if the winner was 4321, he was 4322). Felt bad for him.

What a bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

25 quid. 500k tickets...

That's over 12 million... give away 2 or 3m in prizes...

Another 2m in admin and advertising...

That's some moneymaker

Why can you only play lotto or any of their games between 7am and 11pm? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Wheety wrote: »
    Why can you only play lotto or any of their games between 7am and 11pm? :confused:

Maybe as some sort of responsible gambling campaign so people aren't up on their phones all hours of the night playing over and over.

25 quid. 500k tickets...

That's over 12 million... give away 2 or 3m in prizes...

Another 2m in admin and advertising...

That's some moneymaker

€4.615 million in prizes. Unlikely to sell all 500K.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Used to buy them for my family members and the father-in-law.
    I won €500 one year, but in the grand scheme of things probably only broke even over 5-10 years of buying.

Didn't realize they increased the price and numbers this year.

Can you link it here? Thanks

Link what my ticket? No chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I bought a ticket evening. Wiped my arse with it and flushed it down the toilet.
    Only slightly more expensive than the fancy triple ply stuff with the cute puppies, that you see in the posh supermarkets.

KungPao wrote: »
    I bought a ticket evening. Wiped my arse with it and flushed it down the toilet.
    Only slightly more expensive than the fancy triple ply stuff with the cute puppies, that you see in the posh supermarkets.

I'd say you were raging. I mean I've had awkward situations before, but I've never run out of toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,440 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

buried wrote: »

I received it as a present a few years ago and thought it was the worst and least thoughtful present I'd ever received and I have a long history of receiving bad presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tadgho

Imagine how raging you'd be if you bought a ticket as a present, gave it away and it ended up being the winner! Call me mean-spirited but.... :o

That is why I buy these only for myself.

Ticket number 2346xx bought at 8.35 am Sunday 20 December.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭chancer007

bought one, ticket 345xxx..heading for 1/2 million sales

Ticket number 370xxx bought this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 3,685 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Up to 404xxx now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭Deeec

murpho999 wrote: »
    I received it as a present a few years ago and thought it was the worst and least thoughtful present I'd ever received and I have a long history of receiving bad presents.

If you had won a million would you have still thought the same. The person that bought the ticket is giving you a chance to win a large sum of money. I know the chance of winning is small but there is still a chance you could win.

Advertisement