Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Ban

Options
  • 29-06-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I was thread banned by Keano for "derailing" a thread with a reply to a troll.
    It seems again that I am singled out for special treatment by thie mod.

I tried asking the mod in question why I was singled out and why I was banned but was told that the rules apply to everyone and to open a DRP, so here we are.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113855041&postcount=8036

It seems my posts are subject to a special rule set that doesn't apply to others, which makes it very difficult for me to post.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

THreadbans are dealt with in Help Desk, so I'm moving this thread there

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'm going to deal with this very quickly

I have noted your less than sly dig at the Golf mod in After Hours. I've also noted your extensive trolling of the mod

Threadban upheld, but just so you are aware I'm considering further action which may involve a permanent ban from Golf for your behaviour in the forum and attitude elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 27,037 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Excuse me?:confused:
    After Hours post was a misunderstanding that was resolved with the mod directly.

What attitude? I get constantly baited and trolled on the golf forum, I occasionally reply in kind and I get jumped all over.

What attitude elsewhere are you referring to? What moderator actions have there been against me on any other forum and by any other mod than Keano?

Can I request a different admin review the thread please? I don't believe you are being unbiased in your assessment.

/Update to add
    Can you elaborate on "extensive trolling of the mod" also please?

My interactions with the mod are basically zero, to the point where I have him on ignore, I dont see let alone reply to his posts so I don't understand how I could possibly be trolling them?

Well I can go back through your history in the forum, and indeed thread

I'll limit it to the last 12 months though

First there was this exchange
    GreeBo wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Very quiet in here...usually is when he has a shocker though I guess.
    Indeed, but not in the dedicated Rory McIlroy thread.
    This thread is reserved for fawning only it would appear.

Needs a warning sign on the entrance ,"Caution, thread may be sticky."
    Keano wrote: »
    Going to talk about golf or just troll? Having a pop at his golf game is grand but just trolling is not. Stop it
    Except it really isn't (anymore) on this forum, is it?

This post ignoring the mod warning immediately preceding it

Then this DRP where I noted your unacceptable behaviour towards the mod in the closing post

The fact you say you have the mod on ignore may have counted against you in terms of this mod warning and that led to your current threadban. Putting a mod on ignore in a forum you post in frequently is not a good idea, but you only have yourself to blame for any consequences

Then you head off the After Hours to a thread entitled "who would be in your supergroup of arseholes?", and you post "keano" (which an AH mod subsequently deleted)

And there are more examples which I can see from a cursory glance of posts of yours that have been reported by numerous different posters on the basis of trolling and/or backseat modding

I'm seriously considering a permanent forum ban but want to hear what you have to say about your behaviour towards one mod in particular and indeed listen to any assurances you can provide over your future behaviour

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delay in response, I somehow missed that the thread had been updated.
    Beasty wrote: »
    Well I can go back through your history in the forum, and indeed thread

I'll limit it to the last 12 months though

First there was this exchange

Right, so you are saying that its not ok for me to post that, but its fine and dandy for multiple other posters to post in the same manner, but just on the pro McIlroy side?

Going back merely the last 2 weeks or so on the very same thread I see this pattern...can you explain how its different and why none of it received any warning, infraction or banning, despite on thread warnings about trolling?
    etxp wrote: »
    I think Rory should just call it a day its not going to get much better for him.
    He turned 31 in May, miles past it. And recently tumbled to number two in the world, hasn't a prayer of staying competitive.
    Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Clearly he is passed it and should move into commentary on sky sports with Rich Beem.
    fullstop wrote: »
    Haven’t you heard? Bryson hits it past him and will dominate for the next 10 years.
    Haven't you heard? He missed the cut last week, so he's yesterday's news now. Only 1 or 2 good years left in him.
    He's just woeful altogether. He should get a lesson.
    tbayers wrote: »
    Sergio in Spawell would fix him!

Thats what happens when you read a thread and reply to posts as you read them, I'm hardly the first boards user to have that happen to them?

Then this DRP where I noted your unacceptable behaviour towards the mod in the closing post
    You noted something alright, yet I didnt see anything that backed up your idea that I feel anything towards the mod in question. You have decided all by yourself that Im somehow pained by no longer being a mod (going so far as throwing in some digs that in any other forum should have seen you carded)

The fact you say you have the mod on ignore may have counted against you in terms of this mod warning and that led to your current threadban. Putting a mod on ignore in a forum you post in frequently is not a good idea, but you only have yourself to blame for any consequences
    So, as my OP asks, why did I get a threadban and not the user I was replying to? He was freely posting away with no mention by Keano? How does that work?

Then you head off the After Hours to a thread entitled "who would be in your supergroup of arseholes?", and you post "keano" (which an AH mod subsequently deleted)
    As I already explained to you, I had a conversation with the AH mod about that and we reached an agreement that he would delete the original post and I would post again using Roy Keane instead. Upon returning to the thread it was clear that it was looking for people in the music industry only, so I didnt post again.

And there are more examples which I can see from a cursory glance of posts of yours that have been reported by numerous different posters on the basis of trolling and/or backseat modding

Yes, lots of people report my posts because they dont like the fact that I dont get giddy at the knees over Rory McIlroy, is that an issue now? What backseat modding? Surely I would have received warnings or infractions if indeed I had been guilty of it? Where is all the evidence of this other than a bunch of regular posters taking issue?
    Based on past experience, Keano would be all over me if that was indeed the case. Again, where is the actual evidence?

There have been other occasions, one just recently when I was again in receipt of a card by Keano, when I questioned it, it was overturned and despite me asking for an explanation, I was ignored.

I'm seriously considering a permanent forum ban but want to hear what you have to say about your behaviour towards one mod in particular and indeed listen to any assurances you can provide over your future behaviour

I don't know how else to say it any differently than I have said before. I dont have any behaviour towards any mod in the golf forum. I have zero interaction with them other than trying to find out why he picks on my posts (and typically not getting an answer)
    I dont see/read/reply to their posts. There is one active mod in the golf forum, who rules as he sees fit (the perils of which I'm sure you are all too familiar with) and has decided to take issue with me. Something I might add, that began when we were both mods of the forum.

I'll ask again for you to provide evidence that there is any issue with any other mod or indeed any other forum on boards other than Keano in the Golf forum?
    I'll also refer you to the card he recently overturned, why, if he doesnt pick on my posts would he infract me only to overturn it when I question it and not even attempt to provide an explanation?

I'm not going to publically plead with you to let me post, as you seem to want, I merely want an explanation of why I'm treated differently to other posters.
    I PM'd you when this all began and asked you to look into it, you told me you were too busy and that I should start a thread. I started that thread and 10 minutes later you used it to talk to me like a naughty child. If anyone is trolling people here its not me.

If you want to ban me from the golf forum where I have contributed 8,459 posts over 16+ years, then you go right ahead.

I posted a long reply to this thread good few days ago, is it still awaiting moderation or did it somehow get lost?

(I got a confirmation that it had been posted successfully and was awaiting moderation...)

Bueller?

Erm hello?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement