Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ ONE, 2, Junior, and Player

Options
  • 22-06-2020 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

Thread in a similar vein as the Virgin Media One, Two, Three, and Sport.

I suppose not to veer into anti-RTÉ territory rather why have they schedule this here? why isn't this player? what are they doing with RTÉ2 ETC why did they do this, type questions.

So anyone know when they dropped RTÉ Food and Archive from the LIVE Player list of channels?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Damian F

It is sheer laziness showing "the best of the late late show" in it's regular Friday night slot, they can't blaim covid 19 for it because they did it last year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Damian F

What was the logic of moving TRTE to 1/4 when the kids are in school until 3 or 4 pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Damian F wrote: »
    It is sheer laziness showing "the best of the late late show" in it's regular Friday night slot, they can't blaim covid 19 for it because they did it last year too.

To be fair BBC do same with Graham Norton show when it ends too, with 1 or 2 episodes of the best bits of the season..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

dulpit wrote: »
    To be fair BBC do same with Graham Norton show when it ends too, with 1 or 2 episodes of the best bits of the season..

not every week. 1 hour 25mins of filler. perhaps better then the continuous repeat of rom-coms that were put in place of TLLS over pass summers.

Hawks and Doves - The Crown and Ireland's War of Independence <<< forgot this yesterday, I think it will be on BBC NI shortly, first episode was good. Number of History docs coming up on RTÉ ONE.

I was expecting comic relief to do better in terms of audience, Crimecall topped RTÉ ONE's most watched shows with it coming 3rd for adults.

• Advertisement

Strange to call their new show Summer At Seven, looks like its only on Thursday Nights rather then Daily editions.

They dropped Impossible (Quiz Show) very fast was it due to air this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The ratings continue to be shocking for RTE Two. Home And Awat is the 20th most watched show in last weeks Top 20 - with an audience of 29,000.

Prime time programming which can't get a figure of 30,000+ include This Country, Celebrity Bainisteoir, White Gold, Greys Anatomy and Condor amongst others.

Wednesday had:
    7 Top Gear
    8 Saoi Sa Chathaoir
    8:30 Gliondar
    9 White Gold
    9.30 Greys Anatomy
    10:30 Pride At The Apollo

The entire evening had less than 29,000 views. How questions aren't being asked is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Well at least some of the League of Ireland & Champions League matches will be back on RTÉ2 within July/August to give it a huge boost in viewership. But still that figure of 29,000 viewers for the whole of last Wednesday evening is appalling. I don't know how popular The Young Offenders is on RTÉ2 but moving that to RTÉ One this Friday night is another blow for RTÉ2.

Well at least some of the League of Ireland & Champions League matches will be back on RTÉ2 within July/August to give it a huge boost in viewership. But still that figure of 29,000 viewers for the whole of last Wednesday evening is appalling. I don't know how popular The Young Offenders is on RTÉ2 but moving that to RTÉ One this Friday night is another blow for RTÉ2.

RTÉ have moved almost everything from RTÉ2 to RTÉ ONE, Normal People and The Young Offenders would have both been RTÉ2 programmes.

It's also planned to move "big" sporting events to RTÉ ONE, I am guessing Irish Soccer qualifiers, WC semi-finals and finals, Euro semi-finals and final, All Ireland Finals Hurling and Football, if they get Six Nations back Ireland Games, RWC Irish games and finals etc and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭batistuta9

whats the reason for moving programmes? are they able to charge higher for ads because it's on 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭SPDUB

Elmo wrote: »
    Hawks and Doves - The Crown and Ireland's War of Independence <<< forgot this yesterday, I think it will be on BBC NI shortly, first episode was good. .

Still not shown by the BBC but spotted it on Oireachtas TV last night though it wasn't listed om the EPG .

If anyone is wondering why Oireachtas TV was showing it they are one of the listed TV stations it was made for .

Is there any more details about Ray Darcy's apparent new quiz show on RTÉ because of the Covid restrictions. From seeing some of the Indo's article, which is behind a paywall, RTÉ are scrapping their usual routine of having one chat show on both Friday & Saturday nights arising from the lack of a live studio audience.

The Late Late show will be back for RTÉ as usual. The Ray Darcy Show is put on hold because of Covid.

Is there any more details about Ray Darcy's apparent new quiz show on RTÉ because of the Covid restrictions. From seeing some of the Indo's article, which is behind a paywall, RTÉ are scrapping their usual routine of having one chat show on both Friday & Saturday nights arising from the lack of a live studio audience.

The Late Late show will be back for RTÉ as usual. The Ray Darcy Show is put on hold because of Covid.

Ray D'Arcy's Big Table Quiz?

Is the new season schedule out Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is the new season schedule out Thursday?

Yes as far as I know, defo this week.

Actually was supposed to be today...
    https://evoke.ie/2020/08/20/showbiz/rte-changes-schedule-in-shake-up/amp

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Announced today.

A surprise is that RTE News Now is dropping the “Now” and will be just RTE News..

More interestingly, the unexpected need to find Sarah McInnerny a job after she impressed on Today has led to several moves on Radio 1’s news programmes, with virtually every one of them having a new line up (Aine Lawlor/Mary Wilson on Morning Ireland, Claire Byrne on Today, Bryan Dobson on News at One, Cormac O Eadhra/Sarah McInnenry on Drivetime, and Katie Hannon on Saturday).

icdg wrote: »
    Announced today.

A surprise is that RTE News Now is dropping the “Now” and will be just RTE News..

More interestingly, the unexpected need to find Sarah McInnerny a job after she impressed on Today has led to several moves on Radio 1’s news programmes, with virtually every one of them having a new line up (Aine Lawlor/Mary Wilson on Morning Ireland, Claire Byrne on Today, Bryan Dobson on News at One, Cormac O Eadhra/Sarah McInnenry on Drivetime, and Katie Hannon on Saturday).

Have to say I didn't read that in the press release but its about the most surprising aspect. I suppose with Covid it was always going to be difficult. It's a pity that they are announcing Radio with TV. They could have given Sarah McInnerny RTÉ Lunchtime news on TV, biggest surprise is Mary Wilson going from Drivetime.

Awful lot of shows that were postpone in the list. https://about.rte.ie/2020/08/27/spend-time-at-home-with-rte-as-new-line-up-for-autumn-2020-%e2%80%afreflects-our-changed-lives%e2%80%af%e2%80%af/

No news on Ray D'Arcy's TV show yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Announced today.

- This channel could have so much potential if done right. Ridiculous they can't show ads not that they would get many at this time.

The Ray D’Arcy Show will be back on Saturday nights - I know they were knocking around ideas for a format change (as two audienceless chat shows on ginormous sets was a bit much in these times) but apparently it will be back.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0826/1160954-new-season/

• Advertisement

The Ray D’Arcy Show will be back on Saturday nights - I know they were knocking around ideas for a format change (as two audienceless chat shows on ginormous sets was a bit much in these times) but apparently it will be back.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/0826/1160954-new-season/

The press release seem to suggest that they would provide more info, so wasn't expecting them to return with a chat show.

You would think they would put people at dinner tables around the studio, how many people can you have in a place at anyone time?

Announced today.

I assume all of the EPGs here will have the channel renamed to RTÉ News?

Is the channel still managed by RTÉ Commercial Enterprises or will it change hands?

I assume all of the EPGs here will have the channel renamed to RTÉ News?

Is the channel still managed by RTÉ Commercial Enterprises or will it change hands?

I was fairly sure that it was operated by RTÉ News and Current Affairs. The app might be Commerical Enterprises but the channel I think is N and CA.

Not really sure why they now have 3 presenters on Nationwide. One of them should have been given the opportunity to present a late night news on RTÉ2. This would have in turn allowed them to have more content on RTÉ News Now.

They've refreshed their website today. very plain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

It's pretty bad that TRTE has had the same look for approximately 10 years. Imagine if back in 1999 den2 still looked like Dempsey den from 1989.

It's pretty bad that TRTE has had the same look for approximately 10 years. Imagine if back in 1999 den2 still looked like Dempsey den from 1989.

The Den got a different look every year it came back. TRTÉ is in its way out, no DOG/Bug, most shows now promoted as being on RTÉ2, little mention of it on social media.

Elmo wrote: »
    The Den got a different look every year it came back. TRTÉ is in its way out, no DOG/Bug, most shows now promoted as being on RTÉ2, little mention of it on social media.

& most of it is broadcast when it's
    potential audience are still @ school.

iseegirls wrote: »
    The ratings continue to be shocking for RTE Two. Home And Awat is the 20th most watched show in last weeks Top 20 - with an audience of 29,000.

Prime time programming which can't get a figure of 30,000+ include This Country, Celebrity Bainisteoir, White Gold, Greys Anatomy and Condor amongst others.

Wednesday had:
    7 Top Gear
    8 Saoi Sa Chathaoir
    8:30 Gliondar
    9 White Gold
    9.30 Greys Anatomy
    10:30 Pride At The Apollo

The entire evening had less than 29,000 views. How questions aren't being asked is crazy.

I Remember the days when Home & away got 650k viewers per evening 😲

• Advertisement

& most of it is broadcast when it's
    potential audience are still @ school.

I’m pretty convinced that RTE have decided that the TRTE audience is essentially lost to them and gone to Nickelodeon/Disney/streaming services, which kind of serves them right in one way for programming so many Nickelodeon/Disney programmes in the strand but on the other hand leaving a large cohort of future license payers lost to the national broadcaster. This is the lesson the BBC has learnt really slowly in essentially abandoning the teenager market completely and ghettoising BBC Three to the iPlayer.

Advertisement