Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's fashions

Options
  • 21-04-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure when I started secondary school circa 2001 is when things like leggings/yoga pants/etc. started becoming common. Unless I only started noticing because I was going through puberty - but I don't think that's the case.

My question is to people 35 and over.

How could you tell before jeans got tighter and leggings/yoga pants became common that a woman had a nice derriere?

Just look at 90s fashions in general. Baggy football jerseys, baggy jumpers, baggy jeans. Everything left to the imagination.

I'm a bit of an ass man like Cosmo Kramer and Larry David so one part of me thinks I would've hated growing up at any other time in humanity but the other part of me thinks it would be easier not to get distracted all the time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I'm pretty sure when I started secondary school circa 2001 is when things like leggings/yoga pants/etc. started becoming common. Unless I only started noticing because I was going through puberty - but I don't think that's the case.

My question is to people 35 and over.

How could you tell before jeans got tighter and leggings/yoga pants became common that a woman had a nice derriere?

Just look at 90s fashions in general. Baggy football jerseys, baggy jumpers, baggy jeans. Everything left to the imagination.

I'm a bit of an ass man like Cosmo Kramer and Larry David so one part of me thinks I would've hated growing up at any other time in humanity but the other part of me thinks it would be easier not to get distracted all the time.

I think 1998 - 2000 there were bootcut jeans for women. That's when I was finishing school. I think skinny jeans started coming in the early 2000s. Now skinny jeans seem to be going out of fashion. Girls are wearing 90s style jeans like when I was in school.

Is it fashion or anti-fashion, I have no idea. But something like Levi's 501s look great on girls.

Anyway if she's got hips she can wear anything and look alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

The good thing about loose/baggy jeans up to early/mid-00s was you'd see lots of lovely lady arse crack.

That is a thing of the past now, but I can console myself with the tight pants they wear these days, it's sometimes like they're wearing nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

KungPao wrote: »
    The good thing about loose/baggy jeans up to early/mid-00s was you'd see lots of lovely lady arse crack.

reminds me of the all saints look. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

In the early 80's they were just called Leggings, nothing fancy, so don't forget most new fancy things that are just invented clothes wise are just recycled things from old fogeys

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

uch wrote: »
    In the early 80's they were just called Leggings, nothing fancy, so don't forget most new fancy things that are just invented clothes wise are just recycled things from old fogeys

Were they as flattering to the arse, though?

Watching women these days is is like poetry in motion sometimes. The female form can be spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Watching women these days is is like poetry in motion sometimes. The female form can be spectacular.

You see my young Padwan, beauty is in the of the beholder, and at my age everything is beautiful, but to be honest, no it's like today, back in the 80's if you seen Alexi Sayle in speedos, you'd probably die, so what I'm trying to say is a sack of spuds looks like a sack of spuds no matter what year, some people can get away with them others not

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Alan Partridge stuff....

anewme wrote: »
    Alan Partridge stuff....

I reread the second part of that comment in his voice.

Touche.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Floppybits

KungPao wrote: »

Early 00's there was a trend of ladies showing off there underwear or was it just not use to the lower waist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

It's fascinating times when women are now asked what's the occasion for dressing up if they put on a cheap pair of denim jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Sherry Baby

Women's Fashions - sounds like an aul wans shop

Floppybits wrote: »
    Early 00's there was a trend of ladies showing off there underwear or was it just not use to the lower waist?

Some seem to forgo underwear these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I remember when leggings were always accompanied by a long jumper or a short dress. Anything else would have been considered scandalous or slutty. Then the jumpers got shorter and shorter until suddenly it dawned on me that it had become acceptable to walk around in something so figure hugging that you could see every inch of every curve of the arse in question.

I was surprised and delighted in equal measure.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I remember when leggings were always accompanied by a long jumper or a short dress. Anything else would have been considered scandalous or slutty. Then the jumpers got shorter and shorter until suddenly it dawned on me that it had become acceptable to walk around in something so figure hugging that you could see every inch of every curve of the arse in question.

I love when the curvy girls wear them. IDC what anybody says. It's a hill I'm willing to die on.

DrPhilG wrote: »

Right on!

7bf74155e1cdafcd14b96765331c43dc.jpg

The amount of times my ex gf must've caught me staring at a girl's arse because of this ****e.

She used to post about me and get advice on the relationship issues sub here LOL.

I can't ****ing help it. I've got two eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Right on!

7bf74155e1cdafcd14b96765331c43dc.jpg

I'm reminded of Billy Connolly's suggestion regarding fat birds and leggings...

I don't mind fat girls wearing leggings. Not fat like the woman in that picture, that's too fat, but child bearing hips are grand. Curvy girls arses look great in leggings TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Halen

I like my husband to wear my undies , he doesn't seem to mind but prefers all cotton . Where can I get all cotton thongs with a decent bit of coverage in the front . Sloggi used to do them but have switched to a synthetic material which he doesn't find comfy .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,674 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Halen wrote: »
    I like my husband to wear my undies , he doesn't seem to mind but prefers all cotton . Where can I get all cotton thongs with a decent bit of coverage in the front . Sloggi used to do them but have switched to a synthetic material which he doesn't find comfy .

Have you tried Victoria Beckham?

She likes her husband to wear her underwear too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

You waited 3 years to make that post, impressive! I can hardly wait for 2023!

Leggings are now out of fashion and tight tracksuit pants are in. You don't see as much curves but it exaggerates folds, so more ass crack and camel toe.
    I think it's a better look.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Leggings are now out of fashion and tight tracksuit pants are in. You don't see as much curves but it exaggerates folds, so more ass crack and camel toe.
    I think it's a better look.

You think it's a good thing that young Women show their camel toe?

I didn't say anything about age. Fashion is for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Arses weren't a turn on in the 90s. Bowl cuts, mildly yellow teeth and nipple protrusions were all the rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Arses weren't a turn on in the 90s. Bowl cuts, mildly yellow teeth and nipple protrusions were all the rage.

Washboard stomachs too! The fascination with the arse is a recent enough thing, especially the Kardashian variety.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 repulsebay321

Washboard stomachs too! The fascination with the arse is a recent enough thing, especially the Kardashian variety.

I think it is a result of increasing obesity.

Washboard stomach = slender, which means the ass is usually more slender too. Exceptions are there, but rare.

More fat means bigger asses and the high waisted pants are there to cover the lower belly fat.

Just give him a pair of your regular undies and tell him to wear them back to front.

Instant arse floss and half a yard of fabric at the ‘front’ to cover his shrivelled up manhood.

Well, handy to know where to park your bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,373 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The op should have been on Dollymont strand on Sunday, a fair few Brazilians who seem to believe they were still on Copacabana beach and were dressed accordingly.

I am getting old because I keep thinking how are they not cold in that tiny bikini

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement