Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women's fashions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

I'm well over 22 & I've a pair of Nike Vapormax :cool: Gorgeous runners they are, & the amount of times I've been asked where I got my ones.

They aren't very comfortable though so I wouldn’t buy another pair. I think I paid 130 for mine. But that's the going rate for most decent trainers now so it is what it is

Ugh no. I hate those clunky runners. OG sambas all the way for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭anewme

JayZeus wrote: »
    Yeah, the very notion that a guy would find someone sexually attractive... The creep. :rolleyes:

Something very juvenile about a man going round on a constant mission in the hope that he might see a camel toe or a bra strap ( once it's only on a slim woman mind, no fat girls, they should wear a sackcloth so not to offend these salivating knicker searchers).

And as for the comment that foreign women say Irish women dress like prostitutes....

Creeping and ogling is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Creeping and ogling are one thing, seeing and enjoying an attractive person with the goods on show is normal and healthy

Creeping and ogling are one thing, seeing and enjoying an attractive person with the goods on show is normal and healthy

Yep and you can make your own decision as to which posts are which on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Fashionable or not, fat girls should wear sackcloth in public if the only other thing they have is yoga pants.

As a woman who considers herself to be fairly fat, even the thought of wearing leggings or yoga pants without something covering my ass fills me with a kind of fear I can't really explain

Anyone can wear what they like in my book btw, I don't judge others badly for it, but I envy people's body confidence in a big way sometimes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Man, the judgement in this thread. Seriously who gives a fcuk what you wear. Wear what you like and be happy.

Man, the judgement in this thread. Seriously who gives a fcuk what you wear. Wear what you like and be happy.

The existence of the judgement on this thread proves that people do give a fcuk what you wear, no?

We get judged on our appearance every day, not always in a 'look down your nose' kind of way, but what we wear sends certain signals to the world.
    Not ideal, but it's reality imo

Fashionable or not, fat girls should wear sackcloth in public if the only other thing they have is yoga pants.

Who made you the fashion police?

Why do you think you are qualified to tell anyone what to wear?

People can lose weight, but you cant fix personal integrity, when its lacking.

lucalux wrote: »
    The existence of the judgement on this thread proves that people do give a fcuk what you wear, no?

We get judged on our appearance every day, not always in a 'look down your nose' kind of way, but what we wear sends certain signals to the world.
    Not ideal, but it's reality imo

The pandemic has made many people re evaluate what is important and what matters.

The people here making judgements on what people wear and shoukld be allowed to wear according to their narrow minded stereotypes come across as pathetic.

And no, not everyone is out to judge others daily, the people judging are usually the ones that have poor self esteem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

anewme wrote: »
    Something very juvenile about a man going round on a constant mission in the hope that he might see a camel toe or a bra strap ( once it's only on a slim woman mind, no fat girls, they should wear a sackcloth so not to offend these salivating knicker searchers).

And as for the comment that foreign women say Irish women dress like prostitutes....

Creeping and ogling is sad.
    Yep and you can make your own decision as to which posts are which on this thread.

The problem here is you think every man that looks at a woman is a creep

• Advertisement

The pandemic has made many people re evaluate what is important and what matters.

The people here making judgements on what people wear and shoukld be allowed to wear according to their narrow minded stereotypes come across as pathetic.

And no, not everyone is out to judge others daily, the people judging are usually the ones that have poor self esteem.

I didn't say anything about approving the judgements of others, I responded to a poster saying "no one gives a fcuk what you wear" which imo, is not true

bfa1509 wrote: »
    The problem here is you think every man that looks at a woman is a creep

No I think that people who go around looking for "hot chicks" camel toes or in the hope that they see a see through leggings are creepy.

Dictating what people can and cant wear according to your own standards is also creepy.

By the way, assuming you are qualified to tell others what they think is a bit presumptuous as well.

I didn't say anything about approving the judgements of others, I responded to a poster saying "no one gives a fcuk what you wear" which imo, is not true

I didnt think you approved them at all.

I'm with the other poster though.

No one genuine gives a fck about what you wear.

The rest dont matter and should not be given oxygen to impact your choices.

I didnt think you approved them at all.

I'm with the other poster though.

No one genuine gives a fck about what you wear.

The rest dont matter and should not be given oxygen to impact your choices.

My point remains the same. People judge things every day, one of the biggest ways we do that is on how we dress and present ourselves.

Judgements are necessary to make choices, and to live basically. Fair enough people ought not to judge people solely on their appearance, but it happens sometimes.
    I know for a fact I've heard every member of my own family pass comments on what others were wearing, male and female.

Have you never been in company with a person who commented on another's appearance?
    If you have, ok cool.
    Have you written off all those people as not worthy of oxygen, or as not being 'genuine'?

You're making judgements yourself here on this thread, which is part and parcel of what we do, so maybe we just have a different view on what judgements mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Love a set of leggings too :o

I've to dress smart for work but on my own time it's leggings & runners thrown on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

When you read back this thread, it is a bit creepy.hasn’t aged very well, even though it’s not that old.

Yuk!

I would consider borderline obese and morbidly obese Irish teenage girls and women's infatuation with wearing leggings and yoga pants that are WAY too tight for them more egregious and peculiar, but hey, that's just me. Nobody asks for them to literally have their genitalia and bare asshole with/without unhygienic thong stuffed up their (I'm presuming unbleached) butthole proudly on display even though they've never even looked at a gym in their entire lives and exist on a diet of copious amounts of takeaways and sweets.

At least don't wear the leggings up to your nips/cover arse with a jacket or jumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

And BTW girls/women are just as bad as men when it comes to sexual harassment. I'm not even that good looking and I've been leered at and groped. Can't imagine how bad it is for better looking guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

People make judgements about what others wear. However you can tell a lot about person by what kind of comments they make. Arse/tits/thongs/camel toe type comments usually imply lack of class and intelligence. Type of a man better to be avoided because they will never make it far in their job or command respect of anyone but few of their like minded pub buddies.

Thats how I feel about men in grey tracksuit bottoms.

I appreciate those men :D

And BTW girls/women are just as bad as men when it comes to sexual harassment. I'm not even that good looking and I've been leered at and groped. Can't imagine how bad it is for better looking guys.

#metoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Salivating Knickers Searchers is a very evocative phrase, in fairness.

And I could not agree more on the eyebrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Thats how I feel about men in grey tracksuit bottoms.

I appreciate those men :D
    You appreciate a bit of rough? Grey tracksuit bottoms are standard issue for teenage scrotes up and down the land

Narrow minded stereotypes? If I think you're ugly, that's not a stereotype. If I think you're fat, you very likely are and it's still not a stereotype. And if I don't think you're attractive because you're a fat girl riding herself with her yoga pants while trying to keep everything tucked inside, that's just how attraction works and no amount of crying about it will ever change it.

If you're truly shameless about going out in public dressed like a dumpy gym-dodging stereotype and waiting to be offended because some people think you look ugly and ridiculous dressed the way you chose to dress, that's your problem if you want it to be and not mine.

People can wear whatever they want. It's a question of whether they should make the decision to wear things that make them a target of ridicule, or draw attention to the unflattering aspects of their body in a way that's pretty difficult to miss.

So it's best to think again about cramming those yoga pants into your crotch and around your overfull arse if you haven't the figure to pull that off, unless you really don't care in which case nothing I say or think will bother you.

But if you're one of those people who like to look well even with a bit more weight than you'd like to be carrying, rather than look like a spandex covered sack of potatoes, make a better clothing choice before leaving the house.

And at bare minimum make sure you're not dividing yourself in combination with the hard to miss (often unfortunately) yoga pants if you don't want the attention. Boys will be boys and men will be men, and that's just how we are. We're wired that way and no amount of internet whinging will ever change that.

Yoga pants on fat girls worn outside of the gym or a training session is just like putting lipstick on a pig. Some people might tell the pig it's a pretty little piggy, but to most others they're just going to see a pig looking for compliments. Especially pigs in yoga pants.

Post says an awful lot about poster.

Imagine referring to a person as a pig in Yoga pants.

Nasty.

meeeeh wrote: »
    People make judgements about what others wear. However you can tell a lot about person by what kind of comments they make. Arse/tits/thongs/camel toe type comments usually imply lack of class and intelligence. Type of a man better to be avoided because they will never make it far in their job or command respect of anyone but few of their like minded pub buddies.

Very naive to say that these comments only come from those of a lower class or intelligence. They come from all backgrounds. What's different now is the amount of hypersensitive ears that hear them.

meeeeh wrote: »

Not in my experience. You could hear those comments from all kinds of men.

Makes no odds, whether someone's ahead in their career or a scrote, some people are just like that.

Edit: I had missed the last posters comment, and have basically said the exact same thing, sorry!

My point remains the same. People judge things every day, one of the biggest ways we do that is on how we dress and present ourselves.

Judgements are necessary to make choices, and to live basically. Fair enough people ought not to judge people solely on their appearance, but it happens sometimes.
    I know for a fact I've heard every member of my own family pass comments on what others were wearing, male and female.

Have you never been in company with a person who commented on another's appearance?
    If you have, ok cool.
    Have you written off all those people as not worthy of oxygen, or as not being 'genuine'?

You're making judgements yourself here on this thread, which is part and parcel of what we do, so maybe we just have a different view on what judgements mean.

The thread relates purely to judging people on appearances.

People making comments about a pig in yoga pants are saying a lot about themselves. No judgement necessary.

You appreciate a bit of rough? Grey tracksuit bottoms are standard issue for teenage men scrotes up and down the land

My kinda man yep

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

Manky runners seems to have become work wear

Post says an awful lot about poster.

Imagine referring to a person as a pig in Yoga pants.

Nasty.

Imagine thinking some internet tut-tutting and high horsing overrides human nature.

How about I replace 'pig' with 'Jane', or 'Aine', 'Sinead'? What difference? None.

Clothing choices matter. Don't dress like a slob. Fashion is a catch-all at times for outright laziness, with athletic fashion being one of the clearest indicators that someone is taking shortcuts, even if the wearer isn't a fat girl in yoga pants.

Dress like an adult if you're an adult and understand that you'll be judged by people, even when they don't mean to. I just accept that I do it, which is what seems to be bothering you most.

• Advertisement

The thread relates purely to judging people on appearances.

People making comments about a pig in yoga pants are saying a lot about themselves. No judgement necessary.

Yep. I'm saying, you shouldn't try to explain away what's plain to see from some appalling clothing choices people make.

If it dresses like a pig, it's probably a pig. If it squeals like a pig, it's probably a pig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement