Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-03-2020, 12:50   #16
xieann

Hostel World
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 12:53   #17
Bobblehats

(4) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 12:56   #18
JohnnyFlash

The most annoying thing about some companies is they come up with awful slogans like 'Looking after you always', or 'We listen' and include it in their marketing material. But then they don't actually want to spend any money on customer care, as that's expensive, so they have overseas call centres, chatbots, and emails that don't get replied to. They spend more coming up with the stupid slogan than they do on customer care.

Eir is the one that springs to mind for me. They seemed incapable of upgrading a line, moving a line, closing an account without fúcking up.

ESB Networks would be the best - you get to talk to someone in Cork who actually seems to care, knows what your issue is, has the autonomy to make decisions, and seems to be able to escalate an issue to someone in one of the branch offices who will often give you a call or dispatch a yellow van the same day.
31-03-2020, 13:03   #19
Masala

Pitney Bowes / Postage by Phone......

only can deal with them thru India call centre.

Only company that I ever came across that charges interest on late payments after 30 day. And on top of that ... they charge interest on the interest. Would chase you thru the courts for €3 interest that may have accrued between the time of sending payment and receiving payment.
Thanks from:
31-03-2020, 13:04   #20
Harry Palmr

NTL NTHell but happily they no longer exist.
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 13:09   #22
barneygumble99

Before I even clicked into the thread I guessed fastway would be there. Kept getting texts from them saying they tried to deliver my parcel (to my workplace) about 1km from their local depot, even though we open 7 days a week from 8 til 7. No number to contact them. Had to call to the depot and collect it. Their depot genuinely looked like a cargo plane crashed into it with parcels just all over the place.
31-03-2020, 13:09   #23
the purple tin

31-03-2020, 13:13   #24
Fonelovin'dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgj2015 View Post
For me it is hand s down Fastway couriers.

The last 3 times they "delivered" something to my house, they threw it in the garden, too lazy to drive up the lane and hand it to us or even leave it in the porch like they should do.

you should see their google reviews, 1.6 stars. all complaints about how they just throw your items into hedges or on your lawn etc it is like the boss has told them to do anything they can to piss people off.
I've never successfully had an item delivered properly by fastway. Regularly they throw stuff over the gate into the back garden. Years they delivered a brand new phone to the wrong address and told me to get it myself or I'd have to wait several days for them to go recollect it and then redelivery it. Knobs

Eir are my current pet hate at the moment. Nearly 4 months trying to close an account with them. Haven't had the equipment since Jan 10th because they asked me to ship it back. Can't get anyone on the phone and the chat is useless.
Advertisement
31-03-2020, 13:29   #25
Acosta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonelovin'dude View Post

Eir are my current pet hate at the moment. Nearly 4 months trying to close an account with them. Haven't had the equipment since Jan 10th because they asked me to ship it back. Can't get anyone on the phone and the chat is useless.
Cancelled my broadband(that never worked) within the grace period last October and phone a few weeks later via the switching service with my new network and again a further 3 times on the phone after that. Everytime I speak to someone it's like starting from the beginning again. I've never dealt with so many people from the same company that don't give a toss about what their doing.
Nobody appears to communicate with each other. These "tickets" they create. I don't know where the hell they go after they're created.
Cancelled my direct debit ages ago so they can't keep charging me
31-03-2020, 13:37   #26
CrankyHaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post

ESB Networks would be the best - you get to talk to someone in Cork who actually seems to care, knows what your issue is, has the autonomy to make decisions, and seems to be able to escalate an issue to someone in one of the branch offices who will often give you a call or dispatch a yellow van the same day.
I agree ESB networks is good. But it's a monopoly with the luxury of being able to afford high costs. In the telecommunications game they're all in competition over pennies and hardly anybody will pay significantly more for a company just because it has better support.

The contrast between "good" ESB and "bad" Eir highlights how deregulation of telecoms in Ireland was done badly while deregulation of the electricity and gas market was done relatively well.
31-03-2020, 13:37   #27
paw patrol

EIR are dire and I'd like to add 3 to the pyre
absolute useless
31-03-2020, 13:37   #28
corner of hells

Allianz insurance, breakdown recovery doesn't actually mean breakdown recovery.
(4) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 13:40   #29
og2k7

DHL - we had some kids medicines ordered online - we were on xxx Avenue, dropped it off to xxx Road and put it into a random Recycling Bin (not making this up) so it wouldn't be lifted (as they were worried it would be stolen!). Was 2 kms away from our address and I was at work. I had to ring them and force them to pick it up and deliver it to the correct address. Initially customer service advised me to go and pick it up and didnt see any issues with me going through someones bin!!!

Other time it took me a day to investigate where they left the package as the driver "had many packages" delivered to the same address, so they just left it there.

Generally all courier services are weak - on that note never had any issues with AnPost
(4) thanks from:
31-03-2020, 13:42   #30
SeaFields
Gone fishin'

Vodafone. Hands down useless if you have a problem. You want a new contract or anything they are fantastic to deal with. Typical.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion