Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-02-2020, 08:33   #1
Mrcaramelchoc

Will you travel? [Mod Note in Post #1 - Travel Discussion Only! Megathread]

Are you traveling outside of Ireland in the next few weeks?will you go now because the coronavirus is getting worse or will you cancel?
Im due to go to prague in 2 weeks and i don't know if i should?

Mod: It has been suggested to merge this with the main Corona thread, but I think a dedicated thread about travel has merit. If it becomes too much like the main thread, I'll just merge the two.

Last edited by Mr E; 27-02-2020 at 18:05.
Advertisement
27-02-2020, 08:37   #2
Irishphotodesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcaramelchoc View Post
Are you traveling outside of Ireland in the next few weeks?will you go now because the coronavirus is getting worse or will you cancel?
Having paid 3.5k for a family holiday in June .... I'm going !! (Should be grand !)
(2) thanks from:
27-02-2020, 08:39   #3
El_Duderino 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcaramelchoc View Post
Same as that. Going to Kraków in 2 weeks. I couldn’t give A shyte about coronavirus. Greatest load of nonsense I’ve ever seen and I think it’s just a celebrity version of the flu.

If you have respiratory problems or are old or infirm, then think again. But if you’re young and healthy, go to Prague and have a nice time.

I’ve heard they drive like mad over in Eastern Europe so I’d keep an eye out for that as it’s a real concern.

Last edited by El_Duderino 09; 27-02-2020 at 08:42.
27-02-2020, 08:41   #4
TheRepentent

Yeah hopefully , going to the Canaries Islands at the end of the month .
27-02-2020, 08:41   #5
MonkeyTennis

Going to the Canaries on Tuesday. Yep.
Advertisement
27-02-2020, 08:45   #6
Boggles

I'll be going Antarctica this year.
27-02-2020, 08:49   #7
lozenges

Booked flights to France yesterday!
27-02-2020, 08:51   #8
MarkY91

Off to Singapore in a few weeks. Only thing stopping me is a travel ban. You're at risk no matter where in the world you are. That risk itself is extremely low anyway. Then even if yo udo contract the virus, your chances of dying as extremely low.
27-02-2020, 08:57   #9
NIMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duderino 09 View Post
Same as that. Going to Kraków in 2 weeks. I couldn’t give A shyte about coronavirus. Greatest load of nonsense I’ve ever seen and I think it’s just a celebrity version of the flu.

If you have respiratory problems or are old or infirm, then think again. But if you’re young and healthy, go to Prague and have a nice time.

I’ve heard they drive like mad over in Eastern Europe so I’d keep an eye out for that as it’s a real concern.

Enjoyed that.
Advertisement
27-02-2020, 08:59   #10
stargazer 68

Yep. Off to Paris in a couple of weeks then to the UK and then the Canaries. Unless we are specifically told not to travel then Im packing my bags!
Thanks from:
27-02-2020, 09:01   #11
gmisk

Quote:

It is clearly a lot more serious than the flu.
Pneumonia is no joke.

I have a holiday to Italy booked for mid April contacted hotel and they are letting us delay to later in year will see how things are closer to time.

I'd have no issues going to Prague personally.
27-02-2020, 09:02   #12
Kivaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovies View Post
Yep. Off to Paris in a couple of weeks then to the UK and then the Canaries. Unless we are specifically told not to travel then Im packing my bags!
Can you pack mine too .....
Thanks from:
27-02-2020, 09:13   #13
poolboy

Quote:

Do you have any loved ones who are older or immuno compromised, not saying dont go i think you should as things stand but everyone has a responsibility to protect the vulnerable in communities.
27-02-2020, 09:15   #14
ZiabR

People seem to be forgetting how you actually get to your holiday destination. You may well be going to an area that has no cases or is very low risk BUT in order to get to your destination you have to pass through what is arguably the biggest cesspit in the world for possible infections (Airports and Planes). To the OP going to Prague, I would have no problem with being in Prague but I wouldn't be going based on the very fact I have to get there using 2 x Airports and 2 x Aircraft.

I am not travelling anywhere for the foreseeable future, while I am not concerned about myself personally, I have young children and elderly parents to think about and it is just not worth the risk. Airports are a MASSIVE risk factor.
(3) thanks from:
27-02-2020, 09:17   #15
facehugger99

Thinking of taking a short break in the next couple of months.

i'll be keeping an eye to see if there are any good value price-reductions as a result of the panic-merchants canceling trips.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion