Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They had 100 to give away - should be grand to have anyway. Last BBQ I won was a Weber one and its been brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lo_La

I won the BBQ kit too! Seems like a few of us were lucky in this one, great news! Didn't even think to ask what the exact prize was as I was so surprised on the phone :) Thank you very much to the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Brilliant well done everyone.

I just got an email to say I won second prize in a comp, nothing big, just a food product. BUT ..... to claim, I had to place an order of €40 or more, and enter a code to claim the prize (cheaper to buy it ffs) .......... that is so not happening folks!! Bad for their business imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

shanmo wrote: »
    Would anyone care to exchange Instagram details for competitions?

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

eildar wrote: »
    I just got a call too. I think this is it. Delighted 😊

I got the call too. Nice to win I hadn't a clue who was ringing me 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

Gormal wrote: »

I just got an email to say I won second prize in a comp, nothing big, just a food product. BUT ..... to claim, I had to place an order of €40 or more, and enter a code to claim the prize (cheaper to buy it ffs) .......... that is so not happening folks!! Bad for their business imo.

Name and Shame...

M

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭cbee20

Gormal wrote: »

Very underhand tactics. Wonder was this flagged in the T&Cs. Hope something good comes your way soon as we all appreciate the competitions you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

Gotta say it is really awesome knowing that contributing has meant others win, really nice seeing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

cbee20 wrote: »
    Very underhand tactics. Wonder was this flagged in the T&Cs. Hope something good comes your way soon as we all appreciate the competitions you post.

Apparently it was and on the gleam app (I just searched it)............. I don't ever remember going there and answering the question to enter. :confused: (not something I would enter) Anyway unsubbed from any future emails they might want to send.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

magicray wrote: »
    You have just inspired me to follow up again on a prize I won last Feb, I have sent them countless messages on Facebook with no reply so have sent an email there now
    This is a relatively big company so I am surprised with them

Prizes are hard to come by these days so its very disappointing when you don't get them, I will update if I hear back

The email to customer services worked, I got a lovely hamper delivered yesterday : I am delighted and am so glad I tried one more time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

hi guys have still not receieved my football shirt from coca cola... i have emailed them several times, no reply. not sure what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    hi guys have still not receieved my football shirt from coca cola... i have emailed them several times, no reply. not sure what to do?

How long has it been? They do say wait 28 working days. I’m still waiting on mine too. They don’t seem to email back at all. I messaged Coca Cola on FB who were responsive but said it is 28 working days.

PopTarts wrote: »
    How long has it been? They do say wait 28 working days. I’m still waiting on mine too. They don’t seem to email back at all. I messaged Coca Cola on FB who were responsive but said it is 28 working days.

yeah it's been nearly 28 days, about 25 i think... guess i'll just keep waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Coca cola are brilliant. Wait the full 28 days if you haven't. Make sure the email address you used is the promotion specific one (I got in touch before for a non-arrival and they responded and resent it quickly, turned out the original was just delayed). I'm pretty sure that the new lockdown means they wouldn't be at work so you might need to leave it until it ends. Apparently some post is being affected by delays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

<SNIP>

I'm afraid selling is not permitted in this forum......please try here: https://www.adverts.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

I had ordered a Man Utd one and it came in 2 weeks I think it was. Hopefully it comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MsStote

demello wrote: »
    I hope this is allowed. I won Euro 500 vouchers for Elite fencing (elitefence.ie). I do not need them. I will sell to anyone interested at half price. There is no expiry date on them, there is no name on them, so I can simply give/post them to anyone who wants half price fencing. PM me if interested.

Facebook marketplace is a great place to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭macguru

MsStote wrote: »
    Facebook marketplace is a great place to sell it

Check the T&Cs, selling it or transferring it may void it.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

macguru wrote: »
    Check the T&Cs, selling it or transferring it may void it.

M

No! There is no name or expiry date on the vouchers so all good to transfer.

Any update Deirdre? did you try them on FB?

• Advertisement

PopTarts wrote: »
    Any update Deirdre? did you try them on FB?

hey thanks for checking in, still nothing. I was going to wait until tomorrow and see but I think I'll try fb now, is it just Coca Cola ireland?

Better to use the contact us from the actual promotion: https://www.cocacola.ie/en/legal/contact-us/

hey thanks for checking in, still nothing. I was going to wait until tomorrow and see but I think I'll try fb now, is it just Coca Cola ireland?

It’s the Coca Cola page (105m likes) - they get back quick enough and are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Condaris

Hi all, is there a similar thread for purchase to win or promotional packs in supermarkets? Anything I find online seems UK only..

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Onity

Vinniemca wrote: »
    Hi all, is there a similar thread for purchase to win or promotional packs in supermarkets? Anything I find online seems UK only..

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058078174

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Coca Cola premier league jersey I won in Sept arrived yesterday in the post. Had forgot about it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Joe's Friday quiz is not posted this week. Does Joe not realise that we have little else to sustain us in these difficult times? Come on, Joe. Get the lead out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 FRuitems86

Hi all, hoping someone may be able to help or point me in right direction! I got a call about 4 weeks ago , Dublin number, to say I had won €100 prepaid MasterCard from a text competition (almost sure the lady said tayto from tesco?!) . The voucher was posted registered letter, but I didn’t realise these RL’s are returned to sender after 3 days 😩. So when I went on the Friday to pick it up It was in the process of being returned. Wondering if anyone else won one of these or would have the promotion details so that I could contact them ðŸ™.

Thanks so much 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭thesandeman

FRuitems86 wrote: »
    Hi all, hoping someone may be able to help or point me in right direction! I got a call about 4 weeks ago , Dublin number, to say I had won €100 prepaid MasterCard from a text competition (almost sure the lady said tayto from tesco?!) . The voucher was posted registered letter, but I didn’t realise these RL’s are returned to sender after 3 days 😩. So when I went on the Friday to pick it up It was in the process of being returned. Wondering if anyone else won one of these or would have the promotion details so that I could contact them ðŸ™.

Thanks so much 🀞

I don't know for certain, but it's possible it's a company called INSIGHT MARKETING in Dublin.
    I've won a couple of text comps before and they were the promoters both times.
    Worth a try anyway.

• Advertisement

check your text replies - it was around the end of July that I entered this one and they got in touch last month. Don't have any of the info from it though:( I checked the original post and there was no T&Cs link. They may well get in touch with you to arrange a redelivery, since they know you're confirmed.

Advertisement