Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competition Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭Gormal

ShagNastii wrote: »
    JPLiz: Answers please?

Jaysus lads. Finding the PLAY magazine is impossible. Anyone got anything?

The answers were actually on the linked pages this time. But for the future you will find them here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Deirdre5

Hi guys, have many people won a football shirt through coca cola? I've been trying the past few days but haven't won yet. Just really want the new Arsenal shirt lol

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DontBanMe

Nope, nothing, I've been trying everyday for the last couple of weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭DublinGirl738

I’ve been trying everyday for the last few weeks on 4 different accounts and have luckily managed to win one a few days ago for my brother, hoping for another win for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭Kittykat67

Deirdre5 wrote: »
    Hi guys, have many people won a football shirt through coca cola? I've been trying the past few days but haven't won yet. Just really want the new Arsenal shirt lol

I entered once a few weeks ago and won, had forgotten about it till I got an email saying I won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭magicray

Nothing here either, I've three footie mad sons so was hoping for a few wins - I'll keep at it though ;)

I won a Jersey on August 31, Man United. They asked for my details, I didn't have to send a receipt or packaging .luckily as I used the code that someone posted on the site (thanks so much) Jersey arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Does anyone have a link for the jerseys please

Cal04 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link for the jerseys please

https://register.coca-cola.com/ie/football

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LilithMoore

Opinions on this, you are told you won X but what they send is not as described.
    In detail, if you were to win jewelry that was marked as being sterling silver (which is by definition 92.5% silver and the rest being copper) but they actually send you something that is stamped as 925 (by them) but is definitely made of more copper, what would you do?
    I can tell it is not actually SS by weight and the fact it absolutely stinks to high heaven of copper. Like it can be two foot from your face and you can smell it.
    I don't know if it is more on principle that they stamped jewelry to say it is 925 when it is in fact not that. I mean that is shady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Contact the consumer association - was it an Instagram competition?

Sounds like some dodgy Chinese fakes sold here at massive markups for crap (not like no one has ever done it...)

fritzelly wrote: »
    Contact the consumer association - was it an Instagram competition?

Sounds like some dodgy Chinese fakes sold here at massive markups for crap (not like no one has ever done it...)

Nope this was in a well known magazine. It was produced by a self proclaimed renowned Irish artist. What bothers me is that they have the Dublin Hall Marks cert so it has their stamp saying it is 925.

What's funny is that I buy 925 stuff from China all the time and nothing has smelt this badly. I have tried leaning it so many times but this definitely in the ring.

I am of two minds because it was a prize I won and free. Yet this is obviously someone doing wrong. Christ if I paid over the €100 they ask for this ring, oof I would be taking action!

Like the self proclaimed Irish designers sourcing their "designs" from AliExpress

I'd report him to the magazine and the consumer assoc. - it was obviously a scam for recognition to sell more crap

fritzelly wrote: »
    Like the self proclaimed Irish designers sourcing their "designs" from AliExpress

I'd report him to the magazine and the consumer assoc. - it was obviously a scam for recognition to sell more crap

My only issue is that I cannot 100% prove it is not Sterling Silver. I can make two assumptions on it:
    1. The weight is far too heavy for the physical size of the ring.
    2. The smell is incredibly strong. On searching every result states that is the copper content is too high and not 925.

I can logically assume from that, it is not sterling silver. However I cannot prove the case and wouldn't want to slander anyone's name without proof. I wish I could just walking into a Jewelers and ask them to have a look to confirm.

I would say that these are not from ali, awkwardly even the cheap stuff on ali looks a damn sight better, at least they don't smell.
    I was trying to do the oxidation test by rubbing it against a white fabric. It should leave a dark stain due to oxidation. Yet the smell is making me gag. I know I have a particular issue with copper as I used to polish the cutlery made of it.

This may be something I leave for a time and see what happens. Thank you for your opinion, it has helped!

Kittykat67 wrote: »
    Thank you, better go buy some coke for barcode

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭claudiaaims

Cal04 wrote: »
    Thank you, better go buy some coke for barcode

Code i use ..... 000439

Code i use ..... 000439
    Awe that's so kind, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Is it once per day you can enter or once every hour?

I thought the bottle said once per hour up to 9pm

PopTarts wrote: »
    Is it once per day you can enter or once every hour?

I thought the bottle said once per hour up to 9pm

Once per day, you’re not given an option to do it more than once a day

I entered once a few weeks ago and won, had forgotten about it till I got an email saying I won.

Out of interest how long did it take for your jersey to arrive after you got the email to say it was on it’s way?

• Advertisement

Out of interest how long did it take for your jersey to arrive after you got the email to say it was on it’s way?

I got the email August 31 st saying I won and Jersey came Tuesday of this week.

Has anyone every won anything from doing surveys from the receipt after you shopped in the likes of Boots, Tesco etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Won a jersey on the coca cola comp. Thanks to whoever posted their codes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Anyone get a postcode to work in this comp?:
    https://competitions.argos.ie/samsung_tv_2020_09/

GBX wrote: »
    Won a jersey on the coca cola comp. Thanks to whoever posted their codes :)

Did you get a pop up on screen after clicking enter?

Do they send an email at a later point?

PopTarts wrote: »
    Did you get a pop up on screen after clicking enter?

Do they send an email at a later point?

I filled in my details and then got an email a day or two later saying I won, it doesn't tell you straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

ams wrote: »
    Anyone get a postcode to work in this comp?:
    https://competitions.argos.ie/samsung_tv_2020_09/

Invalid postcode coming up for me here too when tried to enter. Tried 2 different ones too that definitely are genuine!

Try 000 000

Strangely enough, it accepts UK postcodes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Mine worked ok.

Advertisement