Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old TV programmes you liked but no one else remembers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Ulyeses 31

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I actually thought it was funnier than the Leslie Nielson one. Was that called Police Story or something like that?

Police Squad. I love the shootout scene. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Perfect strangers - 2 cousins, one from the Mediterranean island of Mypos, live together in a Chicago apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I cannot think of the name but maybe someone can help. It was a family in America and one of the main characters had Down Syndrome.
    Really catchy theme tune "oh blah dee oh blah dah life goes on, la la la la life goes on!"
    Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,338 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

heldel00 wrote: »
    I cannot think of the name but maybe someone can help. It was a family in America and one of the main characters had Down Syndrome.
    Really catchy theme tune "oh blah dee oh blah dah life goes on, la la la la life goes on!"
    Loved it.

It was called... Life Goes On.
    The lad was called Corky and Kellie Martin as the sister was v cute.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0096635/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

The show was called Life Goes On

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ruahead

I remember this show that had a girl dancing around a may pole in the credits and when she did it she went into a different world or back in time. This would have been the ninties I suppose, I think it was English. Anyone recall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Amalgam wrote: »

Arthur C. Clarke's Mysterious Worlds (Wikipedia) ..usually dumped on a Sunday, RTE2, or Saturday, ITV/LWT/Anglo..

£5.95 from Amazon. Well worth the outlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,819 ✭✭✭appledrop

Fun House- loved all the slime

'Fun House it's a whole lot of fun,prizes to be won'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Marengo

The Irish RM

• Advertisement

ALF

H.R. Puff n Stuff. we were so innocent!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I don't know if it was mentioned already but I used to love Catweazle as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭jelutong

Maybe it's mentioned already. Run Buddy Run.

Dogtanian and the Muskehounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Loved it.

It was called... Life Goes On.
    The lad was called Corky and Kellie Martin as the sister was v cute.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0096635/

Perfect song so!

Mr Belvedere - like a white Benson. The mother and daughter were smokin'.

Head Of The Class - Mr Moore, everyone's favourite sub-teacher.

The Edison Twins - NERDS

Book Adventures - obscure, the title used here was not the same as in the US. Shown on RTE in the early 1980s; the stories have an ABC After School Special vibe. I remember looking up the Irish Times television listings and it was noted as having yet another different title.

The Sullivans.

Australian WW2 soap in the 80s.

The Fugitive - Dr Richard Kimble, falsely accused of murdering his wife and he goes on the run looking for her killer, a one-armed man

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Terrahawks.
    Zelda went on to star in eastenders!

zelda.jpg

134512.97cd5eea-52ae-4041-81a3-d24445870541.png?quality=45&resize=620,413

I think many will remember, but might need to be reminded of wizbit, paul daniels program which has some great puzzles in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizbit
    The show was created by Barry Murray, who had formerly been Mungo Jerry's record producer, with assistance from Daniels. Its theme tune is based on a song by Lead Belly, named "Ha-Ha This A Way", sung by Daniels. All rights to characters and designs were retained by Daniels, and the music rights by Murray.

A revival of the series was announced in 2009 with a movie set for Summer 2010, but they were both cancelled.

and found this, Debbie Magee looking well, the black woman looking off her nut at the 44sec mark

few others I had forgotten

• Advertisement

Roses From Dublin

A 6 part drama series from 1981. Shown on RTE 1983.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0280306/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Battle of the planets. Another Saturday morning staple!

Going home for lunch?

Pebble Mill At One
    Crown Court
    Crossroads
    Indoor League

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Loved it.

Never saw the show, but well done on the words. I had that single, it was by The Marmalade and was called, if memory serves, "Oh Bla di oh bla da. Pretty sure there was a Beatles connection.

Branie2 mentioned "The Fugitive". We lived in the UK when this showed, and it was the only night of the week we were allowed to stay up late (till 9 !!!). Anyway, we moved to Ireland and missed the very last episode. Aaargh. What actually happened was that we didn't have BBC over here, but it was shown on RTE - believe it or not, RTE were always one week ahead of UK. At least that's how it was explained to 10 year old me wanting to know if Kimble caught the One-armed-man, before being caught himself.

branie2 wrote:
    Perfect strangers - 2 cousins, one from the Mediterranean island of Mypos, live together in a Chicago apartment.

Balky Bartacamus and Larry?

Balky Bartacamus and Larry?

Yep, those cousins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Salvage 1 starring Andy Griffiths of Matlock fame as a junkyard owner who decides to build a space rocket! Loved it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Follyfoot, from the early 70's though I remember it from when it was repeated in the late 80's.

Matt Houston
    starring Lee Horsley

Described as "a poor man's Magnum PI". Entertaining all the same.

• Advertisement

Follyfoot, from the early 70's though I remember it from when it was repeated in the late 80's.

Great. There was a real social justice theme. Fairness and integrity.
    RTE repeated it Tuesdays or Thursdays around 1986. Around 5.05pm or so. Reminds me of twilight evenings in winter.

Advertisement