Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-06-2018, 10:18   #1
Mint Sauce

So who's going to see the Pope?

So free tickets became available this morning for the Popes visit to Knock and The Phoenix Park, with Knock already filling its allocation, he must really say a great Mass.

I'm going, didn't get Knock, but did get Phoenix Park. I'm not an overlly religious person, I pick and choose want I want to believe from the bible, I believe that this life we have is not the end. I dont go to Mass every week, I am the Christmas, Weddings, and Funerals kinda person, might only recieve once a year. I have my morals, and know what is right and wrong.

I have issue with some of the stuff has done in the past, the abuse and treatment of our children, the cover ups, even my home parishs invitation to Youth Defence, which nearly wanted to make me leave the Church mid Mass, but was sitting with my Gran, so would have not looked right, and me making up a lie to her.

But this even interests me, not sure if it is the event junkie, and to say that I was there, or as as the leader of my faith, and to say I was there, more leaning towards that one. I seen Pope John Paul on his English visit back in the early 80s, only remember him waving from his balcony, hopefully as an adult, even with my religious laspes, I hope to appreciate this visit more.

I would like to think those who attend, do repect that its a religious event, and dont protest. If you want to do that, which I do also respect your reasons and want, hopefully thats done during a none religious part of his trip.
Advertisement
25-06-2018, 10:29   #3
kuntboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
LOL

(That' a 'NO' btw)
How disrespectful to those of the Catholic faith. Would you be so to those of other certain faiths, I wonder. You wouldn't dare. How cowardly.

Mods please ban this bigot.
25-06-2018, 10:30   #4
whisky_galore

Nope, not even if it was on across the road from me.

Not necessarily for 'atheist' reasons, just seems like a lot of waiting and queuing for my liking.

Last edited by whisky_galore; 25-06-2018 at 11:06.
25-06-2018, 10:31   #5
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Sauce View Post
So free tickets became available this morning for the Popes visit to Knock and The Phoenix Park, with Knock already filling its allocation, he must really say a great Mass.

"Free" with a suggestion to make a donation to cover "expenses".
Advertisement
25-06-2018, 10:31   #6
Fighting Tao

Oh my he Irish event junkies do love a big event regardless of what it is. FOMO!
25-06-2018, 10:32   #7
5starpool
CL0SED Account, honest.

I just hope there are no traffic restrictions anywhere I need to be that might affect me because of this. That's as close as I'll get to attending or watching any of these things.
Thanks from:
25-06-2018, 10:32   #8
ohnonotgmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisky_galore View Post
Nope, not even if it was on across the road from me.

As Bill Shankly once said about Everton FC "If they were playing in my front garden i would close the curtains"
25-06-2018, 10:32   #9
Makikomi

Send a message via MSN to Makikomi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntboy View Post
How disrespectful to those of the Catholic faith. Would you be so to those of other certain faiths, I wonder. You wouldn't dare. How cowardly.

Mods please ban this bigot.
LOL

(That means 'I don't give a sh*t for you or anyone's religious faith/s)
(98) thanks from:
5uspect, ahnowbrowncow, AtomicHorror, bellylint, Benjamin Buttons, Bigbagofcans, bikerjohn, Bitches Be Trypsin, blairbear, blingrhino, Blowfish, Bracken81, CaoimheSquee, CB19Kevo, challengemaster, Chorcai, Cleopatra_, Cocobeans101, Comer1, coolisin, cowboyjoe, CrookedJack, cros13, D3V!L, dan1895, Danjamin1, dark crystal, davycc, DChancer, deletthis, dolanbaker, dr strangelove, dtbDublin, Dtp1979, Emmersonn, erica74, eviltimeban, FingerDeKat, For Forks Sake, freewheeler, Fr_Dougal, GarIT, gerrybbadd, GhostyMcGhost, gman127, gollywog, GoneHome, HalloweenJack, Hannibal_Smith, happypants, henryporter, Hotblack Desiato, howamidifferent, Idle Passerby, irishguitarlad, Irish_rat, Jimmy Bottlehead, JupiterKid, justshane, Knex., Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime, Lady Spangles, LionelNashe, little bess, M5, Malari, Mark Hamill, maximoose, mdudy, mieletech, MOH, Muckie, Muppet Man, nick 56, nkav86, PaddyBomb, peekachoo, PMC999, Rawr, redfacedbear, ronnie3585, Rory28, Sephiroth_dude, Simi, tanko, The high horse brigade, Timberrrrrrrr, TomSweeney, TOss Sweep, Twenty Grand, verycool, vicwatson, vmb, Walter Bishop, XVII, xzanti, Zebra3, _feedback_
Advertisement
25-06-2018, 10:36   #11
Cupcake_Crisis

If it was in my back garden I’d close the blinds. Think it’s a disgusting waste of money.
25-06-2018, 10:36   #12
DickSwiveller

I'll be going. Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the trendy atheists whinging incessantly about how much they don't care
25-06-2018, 10:37   #13
hawkelady

No , I don’t subscribe to some old man wearing a table cloth who’s company hands around a basket for the unwashed to put money in ! Twice.
It’ll be interesting to see how many turn up to this farce
25-06-2018, 10:38   #14
Mikenesson

I already seen him back in 78
25-06-2018, 10:40   #15
verycool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikenesson View Post
I already seen him back in 78

I wouldn't bother going again, I heard it's all the same material. Only playing the hits from the first two albums.

He might drop "The Tombs in Tuam" and "It's just my finger child". Heard they don't get a great response from the crowd.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion