Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
31-08-2017, 21:49   #1
doniem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 212
Eir price increase, get out of your contract early

I'm not sure how many people are getting these but I received a letter from eir yesterday regarding a €3 price increase on my package.

The letter said that if I was unhappy with the increase I can leave the contract without penalty in the next 30 days. I did just that today and reduced my €140 a month package (broadband and 2 mobiles) to €70 a month (I switched my broadband to sky who currently have it for €30 a month and my 2 mobiles to sim only for €20 a month each)

Again I'm not sure how many people this will benefit but hopefully it helps someone.
doniem is offline  
Advertisement
31-08-2017, 21:56   #2
Del007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,021
Do you have sky tv in order to get the sky broadband for 30?
Del007 is offline  
31-08-2017, 21:58   #3
doniem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 212
No, it's for new and excisting customers

http://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/
doniem is offline  
31-08-2017, 22:01   #4
Del007
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,021
Here's hoping that I get that Eircom increase letter
Del007 is offline  
31-08-2017, 22:05   #5
doniem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 212
Ring them and tell them you feel their service is worth more than your currently paying, nudge them in the right direction ;-)
doniem is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
31-08-2017, 23:02   #6
plu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by doniem View Post
I'm not sure how many people are getting these but I received a letter from eir yesterday regarding a €3 price increase on my package.

The letter said that if I was unhappy with the increase I can leave the contract without penalty in the next 30 days. I did just that today and reduced my €140 a month package (broadband and 2 mobiles) to €70 a month (I switched my broadband to sky who currently have it for €30 a month and my 2 mobiles to sim only for €20 a month each)

Again I'm not sure how many people this will benefit but hopefully it helps someone.
You should inform eir that you're leaving. Your new provider will tell you that they look after everything. However in my experience of changing you'll continue to get eir bills after the changeover. There's some anomaly about how providers charge for broadband. If you look through the talk to eir / Vodafone forums you'll see loads of people who've moved and continue to receive bills from previous providers.
plu is offline  
Thanks from:
31-08-2017, 23:13   #7
loki7777
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 828
Is sky offering any mobile free calls bundle, webpage don't say much about it - just landline included in price. I assume if i will take fibre i will not have to pay line rental?
loki7777 is offline  
31-08-2017, 23:14   #8
doniem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by plu View Post
You should inform eir that you're leaving. Your new provider will tell you that they look after everything. However in my experience of changing you'll continue to get eir bills after the changeover. There's some anomaly about how providers charge for broadband. If you look through the talk to eir / Vodafone forums you'll see loads of people who've moved and continue to receive bills from previous providers.
Thanks for the heads up, that was what I did 1st. Customer service had to remove the 2 mobiles from the account in order for sky to take over the landline so all is in order on eir's end.
doniem is offline  
31-08-2017, 23:15   #9
doniem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki7777 View Post
Is sky offering any mobile free calls bundle, webpage don't say much about it - just landline included in price. I assume if i will take fibre i will not have to pay line rental?
I don't know about the calls because I don't have a landline phone but the line rental is definitely included in the €30.
doniem is offline  
Advertisement
31-08-2017, 23:34   #10
thegills
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,640
I got the letter but have eir bb only so no line. I can't move provider easily. BTW eir increased last September by €5.
thegills is offline  
31-08-2017, 23:55   #11
Doltanian
Banned
 
Doltanian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,130
I'm with Eir for my Landline, Broadband and Mobile since April of this year and am paying €70 per month and I wouldn't mind getting out of the contract if possible but I didn't receive any letter yet.
Doltanian is offline  
Thanks from:
01-09-2017, 06:50   #12
Aimman
Registered User
 
Aimman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by doniem View Post
I don't know about the calls because I don't have a landline phone but the line rental is definitely included in the €30.
If you didn't have a landline phone, did eir on give you an actual phone number? I am with them and only have a special reference number but Sky said they need a phone number to take over the broadband. I tried a couple of times in the past but no joy. Eir even said I'd have to go on contract to get the landline phone number activated, even if I didn't have a landline phone.
Aimman is offline  
01-09-2017, 06:56   #13
doniem
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimman View Post
If you didn't have a landline phone, did eir on give you an actual phone number? I am with them and only have a special reference number but Sky said they need a phone number to take over the broadband. I tried a couple of times in the past but no joy. Eir even said I'd have to go on contract to get the landline phone number activated, even if I didn't have a landline phone.
I do have a landline number, I just don't use it. I'm surprised they said that about signing up to a contract to get a number. In a previous house I had no phone line but when I signed up through someone else (I think it was talktalk or digiweb at the time) eircom came out and installed a line free of charge. I had a house phone and 3mb broadband on that line and never entered any agreement with eircom.
doniem is offline  
01-09-2017, 08:14   #14
thegills
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,640
I don't have a line but eir gave me an 88XX number I think. Sky told me I would have to order a line from eir before I could migrate to them. Eir wanted to charge for the line.
thegills is offline  
01-09-2017, 08:24   #15
mikeybrennan
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by doniem View Post
I'm not sure how many people are getting these but I received a letter from eir yesterday regarding a €3 price increase on my package.

The letter said that if I was unhappy with the increase I can leave the contract without penalty in the next 30 days. I did just that today and reduced my €140 a month package (broadband and 2 mobiles) to €70 a month (I switched my broadband to sky who currently have it for €30 a month and my 2 mobiles to sim only for €20 a month each)

Again I'm not sure how many people this will benefit but hopefully it helps someone.
I wouldn't be rushing to join sky if it's fibre you have

Speeds not as good as VF/Eir and the like due to congestion on the backhaul
mikeybrennan is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet