Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Problem with using it via Sky is unless you have a more recent version of Sky Q you may lose HDR, and in terms of sound will may also lose Atmos over using a standalone app on the TV. Same applies for Netflix in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

its just shown up for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

After downloading the app, and loggin in it doesnt show my passes

It seems to be setup with now tv uk , so the irish now tv passes doesnt show up

billbond4 wrote: »
    It seems to be setup with now tv uk , so the irish now tv passes doesnt show up

ahh ok , its fine for me on sky q and now much easier to navigate around as opposed to on my LG tv

• Advertisement

Have you tried to watch anything? I can login and everything looks fine, but it says I have no pass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Delighted to have this as a sky app .. not a huge effort having to use LG app but a lot of the time I forget it was there so a lot easier to navigate.
    Works fine for me all programs playing as they should.
    I did try set it up on my phone but it didn’t work so had to use the laptop to set it up.

billbond4 wrote: »
    Have you tried to watch anything? I can login and everything looks fine, but it says I have no pass

worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

peteeeed wrote: »
    worked fine for me

Nice simple setup. Scan a QR code from the TV screen and it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

yep thanks for the heads up - got it working - just what I need another excuse to sit down and watch stuff on TV !! Advise to register on a computer/desktop - I struggled to find the page on my mobile device

• Advertisement

Not working on firestick , logged a ticket with nowtv
    Bet it would work if my now tv account was a uk one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

^^^ Regarding the Sky Q Prime app

If you have Amazon Prime video UK and sign in to primevideo.com to register the Sky box, it'll try and change your location to Ireland.
    To avoid this enter the TV code shown on the TV at signin on amazon.co.uk | Prime Video | Settings | Your devices | Register another device.

(I didn't know if the QR code would also work with a UK Amazon account - wasn't going to risk it). Perhaps someone could confirm?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Finished James May's cookery show, good fun. Hope he does some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

billbond4 wrote:
    After downloading the app, and loggin in it doesnt show my passes

Firestick isn't supposed to be sold in Ireland so I wouldn't have thought Now TV Ireland would work. Maybe a workaround might suffice in the next few days

I have Now TV UK and it works perfectly. I can now get rid of the Now TV stick & free up a HDMI port

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Interestingly the Sky press release does mention roll out on Fire Sticks in Ireland in early 2021. It’s possible they mean the expensive, never discounted and neigh on impossible to get Fire Tv Basic Edition.

Interestingly I took a look on Amazon.de and they have no problem shipping a Fire Stick to Austria, but (just like Amazon.co.uk) won’t do so to Ireland. Odd the way we are treated in this regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

MBSnr wrote: »

If you have Amazon Prime video UK and sign in to primevideo.com to register the Sky box, it'll try and change your location to Ireland.
    To avoid this enter the TV code shown on the TV at signin on amazon.co.uk | Prime Video | Settings | Your devices | Register another device.

(I didn't know if the QR code would also work with a UK Amazon account - wasn't going to risk it). Perhaps someone could confirm?

QR code brings you to your UK account so no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Went on my SkyQ box last night, and couldn't see the Amazon app listed anywhere under Apps. Am I missing something?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Went on my SkyQ box last night, and couldn't see the Amazon app listed anywhere under Apps. Am I missing something?

no , its rolling out , you can try updating the software yourself through settings/system info/ software version /click set up/click software download

For the firestick, I setup a uk account and then I was able to watch nowtv
    But I have a 2 month pass on my Irish now TV that I can't use on firestick

The expanse season 5 added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Didn't even know it was due - fantastic. Glad I haven't cancelled prime just yet :)

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Dont know if its been mentioned before now but I watched the first season of Condor last year and it was excellent. However season 2 was very disappointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

peteeeed wrote: »
    The expanse season 5 added

Can't wait. I'm hoping it's better than season 4 which was not as strong as earlier seasons.

beauf wrote: »
    Can't wait. I'm hoping it's better than season 4 which was not as strong as earlier seasons.

i'm going to have to watch some catch up youtube videos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

MBSnr wrote: »

worked a treat, Legend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Just signed up to prime and started watching the Americans which is 5 seasons and meant to have a good ending.
    Can anyone recommend other good series that have a natural ending or without falling off the cliff quality wise

• Registered Users Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Just signed up to prime and started watching the Americans which is 5 seasons and meant to have a good ending.
    Can anyone recommend other good series that have a natural ending or without falling off the cliff quality wise

The best show on amazon is.... Patriot

• Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The best show on amazon is.... Patriot

Yeah I loved that series too. Don't think it's name did it any favours, but then I'm not sure what name would have fit it better.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Depends what you're into but Jack Ryan, Hunters, Looming Tower, Man In The High Castle all worth a watch imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I think Justified is on the Irish prime, if you haven't watched that, then do, and you can thank me later (if it's not on prime here in Ireland, apologies but track it down!)

Bosch is also good (though not Justified good) and as has been suggested Patriot is an excellent black comedy/drama.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Advertisement