Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter EUR460 incl shipping @Tomtop

• 06-07-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

Tomtop will pay VAT and Duty so there are no hidden charges when it arrives. I did try some of the codes available for Tomtop, but they did not seem to work. (Maybe somebody else will have more luck).
    DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter €459.99 https://www.tomtop.com/rc-quadcopter-1192/p-rm7920us.html
    What is the difference between this and the Phantom 3 Standard?
    The main differences:
    • 4K Camera
    • Improved 720p, 30 fps Wi-Fi live view
    • 4000m (4km) (12000 ft) RC Range
    • Vision Positioning System
    • New name
    Most other stores selling it online from China, are selling it for over €600 and it will also get hit for VAT.

*Edited*
    DJI Global warranty will look after any issues also, so if there is any issues there is no need to send it back.

I also saw these

HXFMAVIC300 Gives $300 off the DJI Mavic Pro (down to $899)
    and HXFMAVIC260 gives $260 off the DJI Mavic Pro Combo (down to $1139)
    also duty paid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Can tomtop be trusted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

soap1978 wrote: »
    Can tomtop be trusted?
    Yes, I have used them many times.
    When making larger purchases from China, there are very few stores i trust. This is one, Banggood is another that i use for warranty purposes etc.. There are a few others i would also use, but they are the main ones.
    Gearbest are the only site i really do not trust at all. Almost fifteen years buying from China, and they are the worst i have ever had to deal with. I will never use them again (2 years and counting). They funded their marketing and sponsorship by ripping people off.
    Rant over.
    But yes, i find Tomtop trustworthy.
    Worst case scenario on cheaper items is that they can be late to ship, but it is the delayed items that arrive around 30 days after order.
    More often they ship within 2 days and it arrives rather quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

I ordered one anyway, will see how long will it take to arrive. I was loking for a Phantom Standard anyway so this for €150 less with more features looks a good deal.

What are the delivery times with this crowd?

I
    What are the delivery times with this crowd?

Priority shipping and they are paying any extra charges, should be less than two weeks.
    DJI Global warranty will look after any issues also (should be mentioned in the first post), so if there is any issues there is no need to send it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Buying something like this from China is a huge gamble imo.if something goes wrong nine times out of ten you have to pay for return postage.and these things aren't light weight.
    Then there's customs id nearly guarantee you'll be caught.how easy is it to get a refund.
    Buy it from here the uk or europe for the few extra quid for the peace of mind.its worth it.

• Advertisement

Buying something like this from China is a huge gamble imo.if something goes wrong nine times out of ten you have to pay for return postage.and these things aren't light weight.
    Then there's customs id nearly guarantee you'll be caught.how easy is it to get a refund.
    Buy it from here the uk or europe for the few extra quid for the peace of mind.its worth it.
    Customs are paid for you, and DJI Global look after the warranty (the same people that look after the one you buy here).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Suckit wrote: »
    Customs are paid for you, and DJI Global look after the warranty (the same people that look after the one you buy here).

Fair enough.i still wouldn't buy it from China.not something that costs that much and things can go wrong with very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone get there's yet

Anyone get there's yet

Mine's on the way, should be here Wednesday. UPS tracking working fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

Mine's on the way, should be here Wednesday. UPS tracking working fine.

My Mavic's arrived at UPS in Tamworth, GB. So should have it by Wednesday too.
    Great deal, thanks OP, and topcashback.co.uk sohuld knock another 7% off, but I didn't know that till it was too late :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thanks Op and thanks _dof_, the topcashback swung me. :D

€449 shipped minus £29 quid back from topcashback.

Thanks Op and thanks _dof_, the topcashback swung me. :D

€449 shipped minus £29 quid back from topcashback.
    €30 backpack from EU warehouse https://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Waterproof-Wear-resistant-Material-Backpack-Shoulders-Bag-For-DJI-Phantom-3-p-1055860.html

and the standard edition Phantom 3 is down to €359.99 with code TTRM4231
    https://www.tomtop.com/dji-multicopter-1111/p-rm4231eu.html
    Presumably also qualifies for the 7.35% cashback.

€30 backpack from EU warehouse https://www.banggood.com/Realacc-Waterproof-Wear-resistant-Material-Backpack-Shoulders-Bag-For-DJI-Phantom-3-p-1055860.html

and the standard edition Phantom 3 is down to €359.99 with code TTRM4231
    https://www.tomtop.com/dji-multicopter-1111/p-rm4231eu.html
    Presumably also qualifies for the 7.35% cashback.

Stop, please! My credit card can't take it anymore!

No, seriously, thanks for all those posts, this is great value for anyone who wants to get a DJI drone.

Keep going!

Just received my drone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭smokingman

Just received my drone.

Any customs surprises? Arrive in one piece? Smashing news and dying to know how you get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Just received my drone.

You can bet your ass he's not on boards for the next few hours; or at work :D

smokingman wrote: »
    Any customs surprises? Arrive in one piece? Smashing news and dying to know how you get on.

No surprises, no customs, all good.

dodzy wrote: »
    You can bet your ass he's not on boards for the next few hours; or at work :D

The worst thing about today - I'm off, it's my secnd day off, back to work tomorrow and what? It's pissing rain!! No flying for me today 😩😩😩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Mine just arrived also, all perfect thankfully.
    As the manual is in Chinese, is it the manual for the phantom 3 I should download? or is there one specific for the Se model?
    Also is it ok to use a normal 3 pin power lead to connect to the charger? as I got a two pin with mine? or can u just cut the plug off and replace with a normal irish one?
    Thanks again to the OP,looking forward to trying this out at weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Tomtop will pay VAT and Duty so there are no hidden charges when it arrives. I did try some of the codes available for Tomtop, but they did not seem to work. (Maybe somebody else will have more luck).
    DJI Phantom 3 SE Wifi FPV RC Quadcopter €459.99 https://www.tomtop.com/rc-quadcopter-1192/p-rm7920us.html
    What is the difference between this and the Phantom 3 Standard?
    The main differences:
    • 4K Camera
    • Improved 720p, 30 fps Wi-Fi live view
    • 4000m (4km) (12000 ft) RC Range
    • Vision Positioning System
    • New name
    Most other stores selling it online from China, are selling it for over €600 and it will also get hit for VAT.

*Edited*
    DJI Global warranty will look after any issues also, so if there is any issues there is no need to send it back.

I also saw these

HXFMAVIC300 Gives $300 off the DJI Mavic Pro (down to $899)
    and HXFMAVIC260 gives $260 off the DJI Mavic Pro Combo (down to $1139)
    also duty paid.

Ok, seeing as I have been dying to pull the trigger on a mavic pro, with a fly more combo for what seems like ages now, this site having them for less than a thousand euro, might just be the shove I needed.

Where do I enter the code to get the 260 further off?

kildare75 wrote: »
    Mine just arrived also, all perfect thankfully.
    As the manual is in Chinese, is it the manual for the phantom 3 I should download? or is there one specific for the Se model?
    Also is it ok to use a normal 3 pin power lead to connect to the charger? as I got a two pin with mine? or can u just cut the plug off and replace with a normal irish one?
    Thanks again to the OP,looking forward to trying this out at weekend...
    You can ask in the Q&A section on the product page for a manual, but the manual for the 3 standard should be fine. The plug should be fine to swap it for an Irish plug, or you can get an adapter in Dealz from EU -> UK/IRE.

You can ask in the Q&A section on the product page for a manual, but the manual for the 3 standard should be fine. The plug should be fine to swap it for an Irish plug, or you can get an adapter in Dealz from EU -> UK/IRE.

thanks very much, I'm not long from printing the 3 manual, all 50 odd pages of it lol, and ill chance changing the plug tomorrow,
    thanks again

thanks very much, I'm not long from printing the 3 manual, all 50 odd pages of it lol, and ill chance changing the plug tomorrow,
    thanks again
    You do not have to cut it off, you may have a cable lying around, or can get one in any elctrical store cheap enough.
    On the left of this http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/Images/Products/2837/2837.jpg

thanks again
    You do not have to cut it off, you may have a cable lying around, or can get one in any electrical store cheap enough.
    On the left of this http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/Images/Products/2837/2837.jpg

aye I'm sure I have one lying around somewhere, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Ok, seeing as I have been dying to pull the trigger on a mavic pro, with a fly more combo for what seems like ages now, this site having them for less than a thousand euro, might just be the shove I needed.

Where do I enter the code to get the 260 further off?

Enter it at checkout and it will apply discount.

I've also been thinking about getting one for a while - and was looking at buying the items separately which looks like a better price again at 1028:

Mavic 810
    Battery + Fire proof Covers 62
    Battery + Car Charger 67
    5-1 Charger 32
    Hard Case 57

Only problem I'm having is if it says 'Buy it Now' and not 'Add to basket', you can't pay as one single order according to their tech support and has to go through as multiple payments/deliveries. I'm not sure if I want to be waiting/chasing up separate packages over the next few weeks for the sake of 50/100euro though...

EDITED
    Can ignore all the above - with the extra topcashback discount it's cheaper to go with Fly More Combo.

Enter it at checkout and it will apply discount.

I've also been thinking about getting one for a while - and was looking at buying the items separately which looks like a better price again at 1028:

Mavic 810
    Battery + Fire proof Covers 62
    Battery + Car Charger 67
    5-1 Charger 32
    Hard Case 57

Only problem I'm having is if it says 'Buy it Now' and not 'Add to basket', you can't pay as one single order according to their tech support and has to go through as multiple payments/deliveries. I'm not sure if I want to be waiting/chasing up separate packages over the next few weeks for the sake of 50/100euro though...

EDITED
    Can ignore all the above - with the extra topcashback discount it's cheaper to go with Fly More Combo.

Strange. It won't take my code. And comes up at a different price?

Strange. It won't take my code. And comes up at a different price?

You've to choose the EU Plug option, yours must be set to US - and it won't allow you to apply the code to the US version, only the EU one.

Once you apply the discount code it works out at €1025 / US$1139

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Seeing that the SE is only available for the Chinese market are there any issues with:

- The phone APP, is it available for this model? In English?

- Is there an English version of the manual available online or does one use the 3 Standard manual?

- Warranty, will it be covered locally under warranty or need to be sent back to China?

- Consumables (props, batteries) are they easy to get or identical to the 3 Standard?

- Any potential issues with frequencies etc? Are they the same as the other models?

I suppose the real question is are there any pit falls buying an SE from China?

Great spec for the price though and as someone used to flying single rotors for years I'm looking forward to the almost hands off capabilities of this kit.

Thumbpilot wrote: »
    Seeing that the SE is only available for the Chinese market are there any issues with....

I've a feeling this is the "Phantom 3 4K" that was released temporarily on the EU market but quickly pulled and was only then available in US and ASIA.

Well, almost is according to this site:
    https://wetalkuav.com/dji-releases-new-old-drone-phantom-3-se-power-low-price/

You've to choose the EU Plug option, yours must be set to US - and it won't allow you to apply the code to the US version, only the EU one.

Once you apply the discount code it works out at €1025 / US$1139

Yeah that looked to be the issue alright.

Now showing up at $1139 which according to XE is €978.

Now, in layman's terms, is there any really good reasons why I shouldn't just get the Phantom SE, seems a hell of a lot cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

This relies on wifi to stream the video which means the drone doesn't go anywhere near 4Km like the advanced or professional version.
    This drone won't reach 1Km.

What do you want one for? If for hobby/general interest and just to get an introduction, the Phantom 3 SE would be a great option, and make more sense financially. Just buy at the very least one extra battery.

It's bigger than the Mavic. But you can get backpacks to carry it around in it's 'ready to fly' setup.

boardzz wrote: »
    This relies on wifi to stream the video which means the drone doesn't go anywhere near 4Km like the advanced or professional version.
    This drone won't reach 1Km.

It's being advertised as having 4km range.
    Main Features:
    Latest entry-level quadcopter and the most cost-effective choice in Phantom 3 Series, comparable to Phantom 3 Professional.
    Capable of offering you the thrilling but stable flight at a speed of 57km/h even in strong wind.
    4km super long-distance control range and amplified WiFi signal for 4km long image transmission.
    Equipped with 12MP 94-degree FOV camera to take 4K UHD videos and extremely sharp photos.
    Vision Positioning system designed for hover accuracy indoors to complement the GPS system.
    Intelligent flight functions such as Point of Interest, Course Lock, Automatic Hover, Automatic Return.

• Advertisement

What do you want one for? If for hobby/general interest and just to get an introduction, the Phantom 3 SE would be a great option, and make more sense financially. Just buy at the very least one extra battery.

It's bigger than the Mavic. But you can get backpacks to carry it around in it's 'ready to fly' setup.

Yeah, mostly for the hobby /general interest side of things.

I live in an area of outstanding natural beauty, and Id love to get a done up in the sky for a different perspective.

There is also a wide array of wildlife in my area (deer/buzzards / hawks etc) which I would love to get footage of.

Also, I would like to get footage of a lake close by, would like to get the drone to do a complete loop / and or some distance across to get footage of the fishing boats etc.

That's why I was initially attracted to the Mavic. The 4km range it has would be perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Must resist urge to buy!

Yeah, mostly for the hobby /general interest side of things.  

I live in an area of outstanding natural beauty,  and Id love to get a done up in the sky for a different perspective.

There is also a wide array of wildlife in my area (deer/buzzards / hawks etc)  which I would love to get footage of.

Also,  I would like to get footage of a lake close by,  would like to get the drone to do a complete loop / and or some distance across to get footage of the fishing boats etc.  

That's why I was initially attracted to the Mavic. The 4km range it has would be perfect.
    The app has waypoints (You need to update the app after initial download to get the updates for the Phantom 3 SE ).
    https://forum.dji.com/thread-30373-1-1.html
    This is handy if you want to check out a radius of an area from where you will be standing - 1ft  :confused: to 1000 nautical miles
    http://kml4earth.appspot.com/circlegen.html

The app has waypoints (You need to update the app after initial download to get the updates for the Phantom 3 SE).
    This is handy if you want to check out a radius of an area from where you will be standing - 1ft  :confused: to 1000 nautical miles

So as I'm not going to be using this for professional photography (more messing around) do you reckon I'd be better off with the cheaper SE?

I'm getting confused now as to whether it has a 4km range or not.

The app has waypoints (You need to update the app after initial download to get the updates for the Phantom 3 SE).

So as I'm not going to be using this for professional photography (more messing around) do you reckon I'd be better off with the cheaper SE?

I'm getting confused now as to whether it has a 4km range or not.
    4km in good conditions.
    The 2nd last post in this thread says he has got 3.5km on it (only had it a short time when posted)
    https://phantompilots.com/threads/new-affordable-drone-from-dji-called-phantom-3-se.108325/page-4

Some video footage here and along the side videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erP7v2RLJCk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭boardzz

It's being advertised as having 4km range.

Yes that's what i'm concerned about. The controller it shows with it definitely does not have lightbridge which mean it can't go that distance.
    Wifi has a range of less than 1km

the range seems to be ok from reports - certainly 2.5 k to 3k in clear areas.

what I would be worried about are reports about delay (up to 5 secs) on video transmission for FPV flying.
    This coupled with no obstacle avoidance means that it would be pretty easy to crash this flying by FPV.

glasso wrote: »
    the range seems to be ok from reports - certainly 2.5 k to 3k in clear areas.

what I would be worried about are reports about delay (up to 5 secs) on video transmission for FPV flying.
    This coupled with no obstacle avoidance means that it would be pretty easy to crash this flying by FPV.

this could be down to the phone used at the screen receiver actually apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Full specs here: (Chinese only - so use Chromes built in translate option to read it)

http://www.dji.com/cn/phantom-3-se/info

“Roll it back”

Would the Moto g4 work with phantom 3 standard

I use the app on a g3 and g4 with the dji osmo and no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

The P3 standard was great last year but with this Phantom SE and the dji sparc at about the same price there are less reasons to get a P3 standard right now.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Thumbpilot

Thank you OP for the heads up on this deal - placed an order.

Was about to get a P3S but this one is :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jdeez

Said I'd stay off the booze tonight and save a few quid, ended up buying a drone :)

Thanks for the bargin OP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement