Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cody & Brandi Rhodes leaving WWE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    Hey, what's Rhodey Codes doing in the impact zone? :D

It's 'Smashing' Rhodey Codes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I don't understand how people who don't like a particular wreslter have to have a go at people who do. Childish stuff. I can like a midcarder . What's wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Nothing is wrong with that bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't understand how people who don't like a particular wreslter have to have a go at people who do. Childish stuff. I can like a midcarder . What's wrong with that.

Totally agree some of my favorite wrestlers when I was kid and knew no better were the guys who lost every week the SD Jones and Iron Mike Sharpe's of the world.

There seems to be a very condescending attitude to some who post on the internet as well as here who act all in ITK and maybe they are ITK but it doesn't make anyone else's opinion on a scripted entertainment sports progamme any less valid.

Just my two cent's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Good move for all involved, he's 30 years old with ten years experience in WWE, if he wants to come back the door will be open for him. Meanwhile, he has, for the first time in his whole run really, felt truly stagnant the past few months to a year. It'd be good for him to see what life outside of WWE is like, if he works for other promotions he'll pick up some good experience too.

• Advertisement

Exactly. Good for Cody, good for the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

My gut says if he goes to Japan or even TNA it will be as Stardust (or some kind of incarnation of the gimmick)

Maybe Stephen Amell will get him a gig on Arrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I was always a big fan of Cody whenever he was being pushed, the guy could make things work but creative never followed up on it imo.

Best put down ever at 3:50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,439 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe the loss of his dad has made him re-evaluate everything

He was very over when he came back with Goldust fighting The Authority

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Has his say and has some digs.

https://twitter.com/PrinceCGR/status/734501299337584641/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

If he is staying with wrestling and improves what he does bell to bell then he could still reach the WWE Championship he wanted. He has the ability to play a persona, gimmick. It was in the ring where he wasn't a stand out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,095 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Best stache gimmick since Rick Rude. Great tag teamer but lost in the masses as a single. Wonder will Goldust stick around for much longer.

Codys statement:
    CjF5AxQVAAAG53q.jpg
    CjF5AxxWkAAX2QS.jpg

Like his passion. Good for him.

"the other [head writer] too busy hitting on developmental divas"
    I thought Michael Hayes was moved to a producer role years ago?

Christ knows why they wouldn't just let him be Cody though, Stardust was not working and had very clearly ran its course in the eyes of creative. He was slipping between the cracks and I'm sure he saw that he had to take matters into his own hands, very well written message and all there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I like Cody Rhodes, it's a shame to see him go, but I think it goes to show just how far his star(dust) has fallen that his last match was a loss to Zack Ryder on Superstars. The Stardust character had run it's course long ago.

Hopefully whatever Rhodes does now he'll find some success. I wouldn't be surprised to see him return to WWE in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd say Trips and Vince might not be too impressed with him so bluntly calling out the fact they overlooked him and were blind to his potential.

Ya wouldn't know how Main Event Cody would have played out. I'm a complete Goldust mark and offen wonder how he would have faired if he broke through to that upper tier.

Given that his work and his promos were smack bang average, it's safe to assume it would have played out badly, like Swagger or Sheamus before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

On this one i think trips and vince got this right. He was an upper mid card guy at best. Entertaining and good in the ring but there was nothing special about him that screamed he should be main event level.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Interesting statement there by Cody. Sounds like the guy is pissed off.
    I'd say the schedule has grinded him down by now and to be fair he has to be a millionaire at this point. So if he is not happy.... why not quit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I didn't get pissed off from the statement, more 'matter of fact', like he's come to terms/is certain that his career will go nowhere and he's done playing Stardust (and even seems worried Stardust would impact his dad's legacy). After 10 years and at only 30 years old it's a great time to try different things. I'd hope he branches out beyond wrestling, why not!

Don't see anything wrong with him saying he wants to be a world champion, don't see anything remotely wrong with him saying that Stardust was an albatross around his neck.

He's probably wrong (well, not wrong, inaccurate) to target the writers when it's likely Vince who's cooled off on him, but either way Stardust was killing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I didn't get pissed off from the statement, more 'matter of fact', like he's come to terms/is certain that his career will go nowhere and he's done playing Stardust (and even seems worried Stardust would impact his dad's legacy). After 10 years and at only 30 years old it's a great time to try different things. I'd hope he branches out beyond wrestling, why not!

Well pissed off as in unhappy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Especially after reading his statement and how he didn't want to be Stardust (and that it wasn't his idea) and that he felt like creative wasn't doing much for him I really don't blame him for taking a break from WWE.

I really like Cody and think he did great with his mid-card gimmicks like Dashing or Masked CR and thought him and Sandow were a very good tag team (could a had a good feud with New day if around atm for example) but the WWE don't always do a great job of pushing it's mid undercard talent andhe would probably be better off doing something else for a few years before potentially coming back for another run (he is young enough anyway).

I'd love if he showed up on The Arrow as a Villain of the week actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭paconnors

Eden Styles gone as-well LINK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭briany

That Stardust character was only ever meant to be, or only ever should have been, a transitory angle. He did so good a job with it that it stuck around for longer than it really had any right to, and it didn't help that his main foil, Neville got injured. Don't know what happened to the Ascension, but I liked their pairing as well. I never saw Cody as a main event guy but he had plenty of quality in him to be a mainstay of the IC title scene.

Noooooooooo..No more Eden :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

"the other [head writer] too busy hitting on developmental divas"
    I thought Michael Hayes was moved to a producer role years ago?

Poor Hayes, always getting the bad rap as ever :pac:. Wouldn't blame him though, I'm sure many of the women wrestler's hate it but I'm sure many of those developmental women wrestler's aren't afraid to use their hotness to get ahead either.

No surprise Brandi left , and it won't be hard for a good looking woman like her not to find a job at local TV somewhere in the States plus to do modelling work and act. She be fine. Wouldn't be the easiest place to work when you're husband leaves a job on not so good terms, you could tell with AJ when Punk left that she wanted out as soon as possible and she was half assing her way through matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looper007 wrote: »
    Poor Hayes, always getting the bad rap as ever :pac:. Wouldn't blame him though, I'm sure many of the women wrestler's hate it but I'm sure many of those developmental women wrestler's aren't afraid to use their hotness to get ahead either.

No surprise Brandi left , and it won't be hard for a good looking woman like her not to find a job at local TV somewhere in the States plus to do modelling work and act. She be fine. Wouldn't be the easiest place to work when you're husband leaves a job on not so good terms, you could tell with AJ when Punk left that she wanted out as soon as possible and she was half assing her way through matches.

i think it was ryan ward who he was referring to from what i have read not hayes this time.

Eden will be no real miss. plus itll mean more jojo which is always great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wonder would the writers have had something for him if he had hung around for the proposed brand split as no doubt they will need to push more mid card talent then and have SD be less review / recap of Raw. Still probably for the best though and of course it makes sense that his wife followed suit.

Advertisement