Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BQ or Bust!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

NYC Week 8 of 10

Three weeks to go. After last week’s scare, the lower back seems to have recovered. Must be careful though - it’s the third flare-up in the past couple of months. More preventive work might be advisable: nothing too drastic, but will try to make a habit of doing the McKenzie exercises for lower back pain. Project Hansel is working too: weighing in about 4lbs heavier than last week. :) The opposite of many people’s pre-marathon trajectory, maybe, but it puts me at a healthier weight and that helps me feel a little stronger.

Mon 15 Oct

10k easy/recovery on the seafront. Left the watch at home. Somewhat overdressed, which added to the sluggish, tired feeling.

Tue 16 Oct

10k on the seafront. As I’m postponing Tempo Thursday till Friday, I decided to push the strength session a day too. So another easy jog out the seafront. Legs still weary to the extent that this run felt quite difficult despite the leisurely pace, although again it was a muggy afternoon. Quick chat with DD as our paths crossed.

Wed 17 Oct

Strength: 4 x 1.5m (800)

These sessions have been going well the past few weeks, and today was another good one. Got out after the school run and warmed up on the seafront again. First rep took me into St. Anne’s, where I continued around the northern half of the park for the next two reps, taking in a lap of the parkrun course(s) before finishing out back along the coast to Fairview.

Splits (target 11:10/rep)
    11:11 11:04 11:06 11:02

All good, feeling strong. Jogged home for a hearty breakfast. 18.7k for the morning.

WTD: 39k (24m)
    MTD: 199 (124)
    YTD: 2,632 (1,626)

NYC Week 8 of 10 cont.

Thu 18 Oct

Rest.

Fri 19 Oct

Tempo Fri: 10 mi @ MP

Up to the Phoenix Park again for this, in the company of FBOT. We warmed up together then started our respective 10-milers, parting company heading down the North Road. Again, I planned this route around a clockwise circuit of the Park, as it feels (to me, anyway) hillier and more difficult in that direction. As usual, I tried to ease off on the uphills, making up the time on the more forgiving stretches. This went to plan, and I finished out as usual with a faster final km on the Acres Road, where I happened to bump into M just before my cooldown mile, such are the homing pigeon instincts of DNS runners. ;) This certainly felt quite challenging throughout, but nothing to suggest the pace is not sustainable on race day.

Sat 20 Oct

16.1k easy out and back to St. Anne’s, feeling quite good despite yesterday’s adventures.

Sun 21 Oct

Another easy out and back 16.1k on the Royal Canal out past Ashtown. A bit of a plod on the way out but then had the pleasure of a tailwind on the downhill return. My feet and ankles had been feeling a bit creaky before this but no issues during the run, everything loosening out nicely. A good week at 92k (57m), the second highest mileage of the year.

Two weeks to go!

WTD: 92k (57m)
    MTD: 253 (157)
    YTD: 2,865 (1,669)

NYC Week 9 of 10

Two weeks to go. This week sees the end of the strength and MP sessions and finally, a short taper. Feeling good, let’s hold it together just a bit longer. ;)

Mon 22 Oct

13k easy out to St. Anne’s. This felt less awful than previous Mondays, which is reassuring.

Tue 23 Oct

Strength: 6 x 1 mile (400)

Nostalgic trip over to an empty Irishtown after breakfast. Warmed up on the track in the ‘wrong’ direction, as usual. It was a bit blowy but the home straight was fairly well protected, although I’d be finishing reps on alternate straights as I decided to stick to lane 8 (just over 3.5 laps) even though, unusually, the barriers across the inside lanes were open. The mile reps felt manageable from the start, and I could definitely feel the progress over the past 10 weeks. Mind you, the 400m recoveries got progressively slower.

Splits (target 7:28)
    7:27 7:29 7:27
    7:27 7:17 7:09

Last two were ignoring watch, Rep 5 trying to feel the pace and 6 trying to visualize the race finish. Oops. Total 16.8k total after cooldown.

Wed 24 Oct

Rest.

WTD: 30k (19m)
    MTD: 283 (176)
    YTD: 2,895 (1,688)

NYC Week 9 of 10 cont.

Thu 25 Oct

13mi with 10 @ MP

Back in Donegal for a few days, so I based this final MP run around the hilly Point 10k route, adding in a couple of spurs to make up the distance. It was a fairly chilly afternoon with some wind, so a challenging outing. Felt tired from the start but it was comforting to feel myself slotting into the correct groove, even if it was a bit of a grind. So in the end, having negotiated the rolling hills of St. John’s Point, and then some more on the way back to the house, a decent achievement to maintain the pace.

Target: 10 @ 7:38
    Actual: 10 @ 7:37

Total for the afternoon: 21.1k

Fri 26 Oct

10.5k easy around the local roads with A.

Sat 27 Oct

13k easy. Hilly route to the caravan park and back. Took it very handy, a little tired.

Sun 28 Oct

13.4k easy around the local loop, in good time to get back and track everyone’s Dublin Marathon. Well done all! First time not running since I started in 2012, but great to see so many excellent performances.

WTD: 88k (55m)
    MTD: 341 (212)
    YTD: 2,773 (1,723)

NYC Week 10 of 10

Race week! After the long weekend and everyone’s Dublin Marathon exploits, I’m looking forward to getting a shot at the 26.2 myself. Remains to be seen how succesful the 10-week 800-to-marathon plan will turn out to be.

Mon 29 Oct

10k easy on the local Donegal loop. Do I have that ‘taper’ feeling? Not really.

Tue 30 Oct

8.6k easy in Tolka Valley with M. Some planning and general chit chat about the upcoming trip. Do I miss not having a session to do? Not really. ;)

Wed 31 Oct

Rest. Logged in advance. Will use the time to start packing. And ironing the new singlet. Will I practice drinking out of paper cups? Possibly. :)

WTD: 19k (12m)
    MTD: 360 (224)
    YTD: 2,792 (1,735)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

When do you fly out???

When do you fly out???

Travel Friday, expo Saturday, race Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Murph_D wrote: »

What time are you flying out D. I'm in work in the airport on Friday from 4am to 1pm. I'll keep an eye open for you.

skyblue46 wrote: »
    What time are you flying out D. I'm in work in the airport on Friday from 4am to 1pm. I'll keep an eye open for you.

Cheers, S. We are on the 1pm to Newark, so we’ll be hanging around from 11ish, maybe earlier. Feel free to get us into the Executive Lounge if you have any pull. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Are you staying on for any sightseeing after the race?

Selfishly I'm delighted to have another marathon and marathon runner to follow next weekend after coming down from the excitement of Sunday, so thanks for putting in the hard work for us :D

Cheers, S. We are on the 1pm to Newark, so we’ll be hanging around from 11ish, maybe earlier. Feel free to get us into the Executive Lounge if you have any pull. :D

No pull there I'm afraid. But I'll get you through fastrack security. ;)

No pull there I'm afraid. But I'll get you through fastrack security. ;)

Even better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Who irons their singlet???

laura_ac3 wrote: »
    Who irons their singlet???

What, doesnt everyone? :confused:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Safe flight tomorrow and best of luck on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Safe trip. Have a great time in NYC. Run well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Looking forward to hearing how this one goes. I'm feeling confident about the success of the 800m to marathon in 10 weeks plan. Safe travels to and from Stateside. Trust the training, and ENJOY! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Best of luck Murph, have a great trip, run well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭diego_b

Best of luck to you D, run well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Best of luck on Sunday!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,515 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Only realising now what the thread title refers to, because of the reference to it in skyblue's thread. :o Good luck on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Enjoy the run Murph.

Hope the running Gods are kind to you.

Enjoy NYC and hope you have a great run on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Looks like perfect conditions Sunday! Have a good run and enjoy the city :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭healy1835

The very best of luck on Sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Have a great run on Sunday D!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭racheljev

Best of luck, hope you enjoy it. I remember someone telling me not to get carried away when we came out of the Queensboro bridge at 16 miles - the bridge is really quiet and there’s so many people outside that it feels like the finish line but there’s still 10 miles to go. So last year I made sure I took it easy and ended up passing most of the people who legged it out of the bridge :) Make sure to get your Dunkin Donut hat at the start area as well. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Good luck in NYC:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Have a great run. I'm expecting a lot in the final 800m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Did you post twice because he's going to New York, New York? :pac:

Did you post twice because he's going to New York, New York? :pac:

Haha.. Brilliant. :)

Nope it's coz I'm expecting a lot for the last mile. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭Lazare

Best of luck Murph, smash it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Hope you have a great day D!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Best of luck D, have a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mister paul

Best of luck tomorrow D. Looks like the weather conditions will be favourable.

NYC Week 10 of 10 cont.

Nearly there...

Thu 1 Nov

5.7k easy. Dropped off car in Santry for some body repairs and jogged home. Crisp evening, feeling zippy.

Fri 2 Nov

No running. Travel day with FBOT and Mrs Mc, then stayed the night with old friends in New Jersey. Lovely dinner with plenty of pasta, and off to bed.

Sat 3 Nov

5.8k easy. Up early after a fairly decent night’s sleep by my low standards. Headed out with Anna through the West Orange suburbs for a few pre-dawn miles. Damp and quite warm. Lots of leaves on the ground but no accidents. :)

Then it was into the city, stopping first at the expo. Hardest part was finding the entrance. Number collection was very efficient, just a few minutes and no queues, despite this being the world’s biggest marathon, with 50,000 runners expected. Clockwork. The merchandising operation was just as slick, and I treated myself to an official jacket. Very upbeat and friendly vibe everywhere. Didn’t spend long though, anxious to get off the feet. Our generous NJ friend had driven us in and then took us on to the hotel where again, we were checked in quickly and efficiently. Lunch with M and A, then a quick drugstore visit for some snack bars and last-minute essentials.

And here we are. Many thanks for the good wishes, which are appreciated as always. Ready and hopefully able.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more.

WTD: 31k (19m)
    MTD: 372 (231)
    YTD: 2,804 (1,742)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Good luck Denis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

The biggest best of lucks to you D, I hope it goes well for you. Give NYC a good DNS effort, legend you are. Run well my friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Have a good one D, tear it up :D

Well done on a Sub 3:30. Super effort.

Well done on a Sub 3:30. Super effort.

Haha - yes, that’s the only slight compensation, another <3:30 so third best marathon to date, I think. Struggled with the course and my head a bit, tbh. Grueling. But a terrific experience. Probably should’ve stick to the original ‘high-five’ plan. :pac:

Good to see you on the way out and thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Well done Murph. Great time.

Haha - yes, that’s the only slight compensation, another <3:30 so third best marathon to date, I think. Struggled with the course and my head a bit, tbh. Grueling. But a terrific experience. Probably should’ve stick to the original ‘high-five’ plan. :pac:

Good to see you on the way out and thanks again.

I was a bit confused by the tracker. There were 2 people with your name. One was from Dublin but running under a U.S. flag and the other from New York running under an Irish flag. After looking at a 3:29 and a 3:59 I decided you were the Dub!

• Advertisement

I was a bit confused by the tracker. There were 2 people with your name. One was from Dublin but running under a U.S. flag and the other from New York running under an Irish flag. After looking at a 3:29 and a 3:59 I decided you were the Dub!

You’re very kind. He’s 20 years younger as well. ;) I’m a dual citizen hence the nationality status. Tracker is confusing anyway - mile equivalents for 5k splits are way off.

Well done! Sorry to hear it was tough towards the end. Looking forward to the report!
    Grueling. But a terrific experience.
    Being able to say both of these things about it simultaneously says something pretty positive/impressive about your attitude I reckon!

The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Slow down, you move too fast...
    Paul Simon, The 59th St Bridge Song

Sun 4 Nov

New York Marathon 2018 (3:29:18)

It’s mile 15, and I have eased right off for the long climb over the Queensboro Bridge. I’ve just been serenaded by Anna and Mrs Mc during the short stretch through Queens. Never one of the glamorous boroughs, but one with its own diversity and unique charms. It was home for us during the late 80s to mid 90s, and I’ve been looking forward to being there again, crossing the iconic bridge and into ‘the city’, as Manhattan was always called back then, distinct in character and form from the outer boroughs. We are on the bridge, but we are on the lower of the structure’s two carriageways, with no view of the gleaming midtown towers, just the sight of hundreds of other runners toiling up the punishing drag, with the thunder of traffic overhead. A minor disappointment that is ultimately swallowed up in this loud, frenetic, in-your-face, exhilarating and absolutely huge event.

This is New York City, baby! Its signature marathon echoes the sound and energy and managed chaos that makes this town unique. Unexpectedly, in this darkening age of ours, the city and its incredible endurance running showcase has filled me with pride, because, like anyone who has spent any significant amount of time here, the city is part of me, and always will be.

I pass a Mayo AC runner and offer a few words. It’s one of only two Irish club singlets spotted during the whole buildup and race, the other a Clonliffe Harrier who tapped me on the shoulder just after the finish line. We would shake hands wordlessly, a little shellshocked by the punishment just handed out by the course. I am wearing the Raheny colours myself for the first time, and proudly, for I’ve grown very fond of that club and its extremely warm and welcoming personnel. The singlet gets plenty of shouts, from random Dubliners and ex-pats out watching, and also from natives responding to the colours and shamrock logo with many shouts of “Go Irish!”

Mayo AC is struggling with the punishing incline. My friendly shout is answered with a raising of the head and a flicker of smile, and I turn back to the relentless drag. It’s the third bridge of the day, and like the others is being negotiated with great care. Over the thud of feet on pavement, there’s an occasional shout of desperation (“Fcuk you, hill!), and some whoops at the cresting of the summit. I celebrate more quietly myself with a little clenching and slight raising of my fist, a small gesture I’ve become accustomed to making at the end of tough sessions and long runs. I am pretty much on track. I’ve passed the Pulaski Bridge halfway point in 1:40, within 45 secs of the target number after getting through Brooklyn, and before that the extraordinary opening climb and descent of the Verrazzano Bridge, using a variable pace strategy based on terrain-specific 5k splits. And so, rounding the corkscrew turn at the end of the Queensboro, I appear to be in decent shape, enjoying the descent and the first roar of ‘Thunder Alley’, the long and very loud stretch up First Avenue to the Bronx. Things are looking OK. Have I, in the fervently shouted words of thousands of boisterous onlookers, actually ‘Got This’?

No city seen from the bridge, so no wild promise, no beauty, no mystery. Sixteen miles in, and nothing’s in the bag. The race is only beginning - just like this report - on the 59th Street Bridge.

The opening half through Brooklyn’s succession of neighbourhoods, each one attempting to out-shout the next, had been managed well enough. A couple of things had gone wrong, though. In mile 4, my beloved prescription Ray-Bans had somehow slipped off the top of my head. I tried to catch them as they fell down my back, succeeding only in knocking them a couple of feet to my right. I watched helplessly as they hit the ground, both lenses popping out just before an oblivious runner crunched the frame. A fair few quid’s worth of name-brand varifocal eyewear destroyed in an instant. I was philosophical about it: for the shades themselves it was a good death, offered up to the New York Marathon gods. But now I could barely read the piece of paper in my pocket with the custom 5k splits. And the 3:20 paceband on my wrist, to come into play in the second half, was an unreadable blur of tiny digits.

OK, focus. Not the end of the world. You got this! I’d popped the first of six gels (the most I’ve ever managed) at the 4 mile marker. I was carrying a couple of straws, thoughtfully provided by FBOT, who seemed to have a stock of every emergency item that might come into play. These were good for drinking from paper cups, but by mile 8 I’d dropped both, as well as my backup cocktail straw, while fumbling awkwardly in my pockets. Butterfingers! Part of the problem was the gloves, stupidly still on my comically inept hands although the opening chill had definitely passed and the conditions, as expected, were ideal. I’d dumped the gloves, far too late, and reverted successfully to the ‘pinch and gulp’ method. With water and Gatorade every mile there was no shortage of hydration. The stations were a headwreck though. New Yorkers grab water like they jaywalk, darting from all angles, slowing down, reaching across you - mad stuff. But I survived all this, and also the congestion: with 52,000+ runners, many of them starting optimistically far up the wave order, there was no real clear road until mile 19 or 20, believe it or not, when the inevitable fade began to take its toll on enough runners to finally thin the crowd.

Somehow though, all this seemed appropriate, along with the hundreds of starters stopping to snap selfies on the Verrazzano. Some runners had even jumped the barrier to run the less congested but more scenic left hand side, foolishly extending their marathon as each wave takes a slightly different route. The merge point, at a relatively narrow Bay Ridge thoroughfare, was another choke point where the road had seemed impossibly overloaded, but somehow everything had continued to move at about the right rate. Mentally sapping, but also exciting. What an event it truly is. In all this delightfully good-humoured chaos, I was hitting the 5k mats pretty much as desired: 24:40, 48:04, 71:37... All good, despite the clumsy early errors. ‘Only the dead know Brooklyn’, goes the old Thomas Wolfe story, but we were making it through the world capital of hipsterdom well enough.

Back on First Ave, I’m expecting to see my cousin at 90th Street. I move over in good time and spot her and partner in plenty of time for the day’s only real high five. I feel a bit bad for not stopping, because that’s what everyone else seems to be doing, sometimes right in front of you - alarmingly, but always with great gusto and theatricality, loudly acknowledging the support. And so, as the uptown crowds begin to thin and the road begins to clear, the course, which has been sapping away at the legs, asserts itself. A pair of addicts shuffle across the road, miraculously avoiding collision as only the truly oblivious can. The Willis Avenue bridge to the Bronx is next, yet another leg drainer. I’ve been running the second half mostly by feel, occasionally glancing at the watch where I can barely make out the average pace. The legs have been protesting since the ten mile mat, and by now the needle is dropping further down the gauge from the 4:44 average needed to sustain the target. I will learn later that I did not, in fact, manage to return to MP after the Queensboro Bridge, immortalized of course in that Simon and Garfunkel song. The legs have been slowly dying, and there’s not much I can do to raise the pace. The song’s opening lines now come back to haunt me. I’m indeed slowing, and definitely not feelin’ groovy as Manhattan gives way to the Bronx, and the first of the 3:30 pace groups draws alongside. I’ve passed this posse earlier, in the depths of Brooklyn. I cut my losses and try to stay with them - that would take me under 3:30 at least, as surely they have started ahead of me. Now it’s all I can do to dig in and try to match stride with 10-15 runners who remain in the group - far, far less than earlier, when I’d struggled to find room just to ease around them. The pacers themselves are no substitute for their DCM counterparts, offering the occasional positive word but largely aloof from their dwindling charges.

“F*ck you, Wall”, shouts a runner just in front. “No wall here”, responds a pacer, dismissively, and the runner is swallowed up. I manage to stay with the group for the sadly short trip through the Bronx, but they drift ahead on the final river crossing. “Last Damn Bridge” says a sign, its holder helpfully repeating that welcome message through a megaphone. Fifth Avenue and Central Park await as we enter the final five miles. On Fifth, a second 3:30 group, this one a bit bigger than the last, engulfs me, and I realise that even a 3:30 finish will require some additional work, although I’m convinced these pace groups are a good bit ahead of their targets. We are now in death march territory. I feel like I’m crawling, but there is solace from the number of runners still being passed, many clutching cramped muscles in agony, others reduced to a dejected walking slouch. I am hurting, but at least I am still running. I have never stopped or walked in a race and I won’t start now. I know that Anna is ahead near the entrance to the Park, very close to the hospital where our daughters were born. It gives me a little lift, and I struggle through the glare of the midday sun, badly missing those sacrificial shades, but still putting one foot in front of the other. I try to invoke Duanington’s ‘turnover and form’ mantra, shortening the stride, lifting the head. A shout and I spot A and Mrs Mc again, although I can barely raise a wave and Anna’s photo later reveals a shocking collapse of posture, my head lolling forward as if desperately trying to drag the body with it. We enter Central Park for the last two miles. My back is now aching too, and I can feel the long neglect of core muscles coming home to roost. But at least now there is shade and I revive a little in the Central Park foliage. This park is another beloved place, a treasured part of every New Yorker’s leisure and sporting heritage. I must endure. Another couple of Raheny roars and I catch the eye of one of the shouters. It all helps, and I can feel my spirit - if not my pace - begin to soar. The target is of course long, long gone. But I should at least have another 3:29, the original Boston qualifying time that gives this log its name. It’s a small consolation to an otherwise very mediocre performance, marred by an ugly 8-minute positive split, surpassed in awfulness only by that same Boston unmentionable.

Central Park South is another blur. I’ve never been more desperate to see a finish line. At last, the final turn and back into the Park at the 26 marker. Of course there’s yet another drag, but the endorphins have kicked in and the pain temporarily melted away. I probably pass 20 runners in the last 300m. The drag gives way to what may even be a few ironically downhill finishing yards and finally, we are done.

I go through the finishing area in a daze, accepting my medal and ‘recovery bag’, getting a few finisher photos and generally acting like I feel - just damn glad to be finished, to be alive, and to have had the privilege of running, reasonably respectably, in the magnificent, magnanimous, majestic New York Marathon.

Previous PB: 3:22:11 (Dublin 2017)
    Target: 3:19:59
    Result: 3:29:18
    5,168 place (of 52,697) :eek:
    155th M55 (of 2,239)
    Age grade: 69.8%
    VDOT: 45.7
    Verdict: Ich bin ein New Yorker.

WTD: 73k (45m)
    MTD: 48 (30)
    YTD: 2,846 (1,768)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Wow, what a race report, great reading. And congrats on a great time for what sounded like a tough race.
    RIP Ray-Bans :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

What a report - a great read, thank you! I know that Clonliffe lad from my local parkrun, looks like he had a rough race.

Was it the course (13 references to bridges in your report :) ), or the general massive and stressful nature of the event, more of a hinderance in retrospect?

• Advertisement
Advertisement