Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JANE'S DAD! You heard it here first.

Options
  • 20-09-2013 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

I thought of this prediction when I finished the first half of season 5 last March. I spent the whole summer saying it to everyone and how it is going to be the ending, they all laughed saying there's no way it could happen and that it won't make sense. As the second half of season 5 progressed over the past six weeks, I conceded defeat and admitted there's not even a 1 % chance it will happen. But since last Sunday, my theory is starting to make a whole lot more sense again...... JANE'S DAD. The last we heard of him was in season 3 when Walter was in the car listening to the radio and it was announced that he was rushed to hospital with a self-inflicted gun shot wound, but it never confirmed that he died. People can survive and go on to make a full recovery from a self-inflicted gun shot wound, even if it is to the head. A rare case it may be, but it is certainly possible. Indeed, Donald Margolis could well make a reappearance and be one of the main characters in the last two episodes. Here's why....

Jesse now knows that Walt let Jane die. The conversation Walt had with Donald (Jane's Dad) in the pub that time they briefly met was all about family - specifically the ''Love for them and how they both would do anything for their family'' Starting to make sense now? Knowing Vince's story line patterns, he created this specific dialogue for a reason and knows how to sway it altogether to create a finale NOBODY saw coming.

Jesse will escape the lab by knocking Todd out the same way he knocked Krazy8 and his partner out back in the first season. He'll escape into a familiar and secure location, but knowing that the Nazis will probably find him and that he has nothing to lose, he decides that he is just going to end it all with Walt, once and for all. Jesse is a moral guy deep down despite his failings, and doesn't want Walt to get away with ‘any’ of his shortcomings. He believes in revenge, and the chance for someone to avenge. Therefore he will find Donald, who is still alive – possibly awaiting trial, on bail, or in a psychiatric unit. Just like Walt said to Hector Salamanco in Season 4 before he killed Gus, Jesse will say to Donald - ''I know you hate me, but I can think of someone who you will hate even more. I'm giving you a chance for revenge''.

... Back to Walter for a bit. The Nazi's will go in search of Walter to kill him (for some unfixable reason). They will storm the family home, killing Walt Jr and Skyler in the process. Hence why the house is destroyed. I'm presuming Holly will be in Marie's care at the time and therefore live, Vince will surely not go that far. Walter finds out about his family dying, hence the machine gun in the car. He has a final stand - off with the Nazi's, killing them all. His kingdom is restored, all HAIL THE KING HEISENBERG. And yup, Walt is ready to end it all by swallowing the ricin he took from the house in episode 9. Going out on his own terms, undefeated. But then in the very last twist....

Jesse somehow traces Walt, and appears with Donald beside him. Walt is all out of ammunition having used the whole machine gun taking out the Nazi's. Presuming the Nazi's have killed him after taking him hostage, Walt is shocked to see Jesse standing face to face to him with a gun. Donald is staring Walt in the eyes with a gun also. Jesse begins taunting Walt, using Donald as his bait. Walt tries negotiating with Jesse, but there is no way out of this one.... BOOOM. Jesse kills Walt. Jane's dad stands there not knowing what to do.... BOOM. Jesse kills Jane's dad.

JESSE IS NOW HEISENBERG. I don't know what the very last scene will be, but I think it may be Jesse walking by the school where he was the Student and Walt was the teacher. He looks in the window and zooms in on a poster titled 'Chemistry, the study of change'. .............. End Credits.

I could be totally wrong, or I could be totally right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Plausible indeed. There's been no shortage of WTF?!? moments recently. On a side note, is it just me or is Jesse starting to look more and more like Lars Ulrich? The more screwed up he gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Miscme92101

endacl wrote: »
    Plausible indeed. There's been no shortage of WTF?!? moments recently. On a side note, is it just me or is Jesse starting to look more and more like Lars Ulrich? The more screwed up he gets?

Thank you for agreeing with me, I posted this on other forums and most of the people seemed to think I was on crack. It is a far reach but as you have said, Vince has brought us many WTF moments. A lot of people said to me that Jane's dad is too irrelevant to make a re-appearance at this stage. Irrelevant? He may not have had a massive role, but the brief role he had was in fact very symbolic. Think of the conversation he had with Walt in the bar, pretty much a prefix for Walt's ideology about nothing being more important than family. I also feel that Jane's death was the first stage where Walt truly broke bad. Of course he had started cooking meth since the first episode, and had killed Krazy8 by the fourth episode, but letting Jane die was when he moved up a boundary in my opinion. Jane was his first true innocent victim. I know she wasn't really his victim, but you know what I'm saying. I just feel it makes so much sense for Jane's dad to reappear and knowing Vince it is well possible. Yes he has begun to look a bit like Lars, as you say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Did he not shoot himself after the air crash?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

As has been said so many times, the effects of ricin are f*cking horrible, and there's no way Walt would use it for suicide. So that still leaves open the question of what/who the ricin is for.
    Also, why the hell would he kill Jane's Dad!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Sounds a bit convoluted to me. Why bring back a character only to have him NOT kill Walt and for Jesse to kill him afterwards.
    There is no reason to drag back old characters unless they actually fulfil a role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I thought of this prediction when I finished the first half of season 5 last March. I spent the whole summer saying it to everyone and how it is going to be the ending, they all laughed saying there's no way it could happen and that it won't make sense. As the second half of season 5 progressed over the past six weeks, I conceded defeat and admitted there's not even a 1 % chance it will happen. But since last Sunday, my theory is starting to make a whole lot more sense again...... JANE'S DAD. The last we heard of him was in season 3 when Walter was in the car listening to the radio and it was announced that he was rushed to hospital with a self-inflicted gun shot wound, but it never confirmed that he died. People can survive and go on to make a full recovery from a self-inflicted gun shot wound, even if it is to the head. A rare case it may be, but it is certainly possible. Indeed, Donald Margolis could well make a reappearance and be one of the main characters in the last two episodes. Here's why....

Jesse now knows that Walt let Jane die. The conversation Walt had with Donald (Jane's Dad) in the pub that time they briefly met was all about family - specifically the ''Love for them and how they both would do anything for their family'' Starting to make sense now? Knowing Vince's story line patterns, he created this specific dialogue for a reason and knows how to sway it altogether to create a finale NOBODY saw coming.

Jesse will escape the lab by knocking Todd out the same way he knocked Krazy8 and his partner out back in the first season. He'll escape into a familiar and secure location, but knowing that the Nazis will probably find him and that he has nothing to lose, he decides that he is just going to end it all with Walt, once and for all. Jesse is a moral guy deep down despite his failings, and doesn't want Walt to get away with ‘any’ of his shortcomings. He believes in revenge, and the chance for someone to avenge. Therefore he will find Donald, who is still alive – possibly awaiting trial, on bail, or in a psychiatric unit. Just like Walt said to Hector Salamanco in Season 4 before he killed Gus, Jesse will say to Donald - ''I know you hate me, but I can think of someone who you will hate even more. I'm giving you a chance for revenge''.

... Back to Walter for a bit. The Nazi's will go in search of Walter to kill him (for some unfixable reason). They will storm the family home, killing Walt Jr and Skyler in the process. Hence why the house is destroyed. I'm presuming Holly will be in Marie's care at the time and therefore live, Vince will surely not go that far. Walter finds out about his family dying, hence the machine gun in the car. He has a final stand - off with the Nazi's, killing them all. His kingdom is restored, all HAIL THE KING HEISENBERG. And yup, Walt is ready to end it all by swallowing the ricin he took from the house in episode 9. Going out on his own terms, undefeated. But then in the very last twist....

Jesse somehow traces Walt, and appears with Donald beside him. Walt is all out of ammunition having used the whole machine gun taking out the Nazi's. Presuming the Nazi's have killed him after taking him hostage, Walt is shocked to see Jesse standing face to face to him with a gun. Donald is staring Walt in the eyes with a gun also. Jesse begins taunting Walt, using Donald as his bait. Walt tries negotiating with Jesse, but there is no way out of this one.... BOOOM. Jesse kills Walt. Jane's dad stands there not knowing what to do.... BOOM. Jesse kills Jane's dad.

JESSE IS NOW HEISENBERG. I don't know what the very last scene will be, but I think it may be Jesse walking by the school where he was the Student and Walt was the teacher. He looks in the window and zooms in on a poster titled 'Chemistry, the study of change'. .............. End Credits.

For Jesse to become heisenberg, well that would take a pretty major character reversal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Jane's Dad killing Walter would be a very fitting end. And normally I'd say that it's too insane, but this season...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

banquo wrote: »
    Jane's Dad killing Walter would be a very fitting end. And normally I'd say that it's too insane, but this season...

I read that in Marge Simpson's voice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ha! It's so apt when you imagine it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

It all hinges on several very important provisos

1) Most importantly he has to be still alive.
    2) If he is still alive, he needs to have made a full recovery.
    3) He is free. We have to assume that he has escaped all or any charges relating to the deaths of 167 people that he caused and that he is not mentally unwell.
    4) Jesse has to escape and find him without getting killed himself. Considering his own predicament it will take an escape of shawshank redemption proportions for him to get out of that situation.
    5) They have to locate Walter.

Still, anything is a possibility and nothing can be ruled out

• Advertisement

I do agree that it is a far reach. I also agree that it could perhaps let down a lot of fans if it was Jane's dad to kill Walt. Yes it would be fantastic story writing by Vince but I think most people would prefer if someone more significant or with a bigger role killed Walt. Although take into account that I never said Donald would kill Walt, I said Jesse would bring him to the scene with him.

My point though is that Jane's dad is in fact very significant. He was at the cente of everything when Jesse turned into a junkie, and Jane's death was the first time Walt truly broke bad in my opinion. As I have mentioned twice already, let's not forget the significance of the brief conversation they had in the bar together.

I'm sure this potential ending crossed Vince's mind at some point, given all the brainstorming he does when he writes his scripts. Whether he was willing to take the risk with it, I don't know. I imagine that it could be the very last episode if it is to happen. The epilogue of the last episode will be Donald relaxing somewhere - be it at home, jail, or a psychiatric unit. Then as the episode progresses Jesse will be back in a safe location after having escaped Todd's lab in the last episode. He will come across some souvenir of Jane that he still has. It could be some kind of social security card or personal i.d., and one of the details on it is next of kin. Boom, there we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

i havnt read the op but im going to come back to this when the show ends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

jebus84 wrote: »
    i havnt read the op but im going to come back to this when the show ends

Me either scrolled straight to the end so i could ask mods maybe to put a spoiler alert in the title (if there are no spoilers i apologize)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

To be honest, I'd be disappointed if such a relatively insignificant minor character ends up playing a major role in how BB ends.

Interesting theory however, but I'm fairly certain we won't see Jane's father again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

OP, you are on meth

gosplan wrote: »
    OP, you are on meth

Why? Open your mind and explain why this is such a ridiculous theory.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Me either scrolled straight to the end so i could ask mods maybe to put a spoiler alert in the title (if there are no spoilers i apologize)

Good point and sorry for anyone whom I may have spoiled things for. I have now edited the post with a spoiler alert put at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Why would Jesse kill Jane's Dad? That's probably the most out of character thing he could do. The whole thing is laughable.

Why would Jesse kill Jane's Dad? That's probably the most out of character thing he could do. The whole thing is laughable.

If you read my post, then I did not mention anything about Jesse killing Jane's dad.

If you read my post, then I did not mention anything about Jesse killing Jane's dad.

Really?
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

BOOOM. Jesse kills Walt. Jane's dad stands there not knowing what to do.... BOOM. Jesse kills Jane's dad.

• Advertisement

Why? Open your mind and explain why this is such a ridiculous theory.

It would suck.

Breaking Bad generally does not suck.

I quote this from a digital spy article from the 14th of September.

"Family. You can't give up on them, ever. What else is there?"

While Donald Margolis is a minor character in the grand Breaking Bad scheme of things, his words to Walt in season two's penultimate episode 'Phoenix' have a ripple effect throughout the entire series. Walter White's justification for getting into the meth business in the first place was to provide for those he loves, and while this reasoning rings hollow more often than not, it's undeniably true that family is sacred both for Walt and for the show in general. It's the one fixed point in a rapidly changing moral world.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s166/breaking-bad/news/a515271/breaking-bad-season-2-revisited.html#ixzz2fRsf7Jmw
    Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook

Really?

Ahhh... sorry, I forgot about the end part :P

His plan is not to kill Jane's dad though. His plan is to kill Walt.. When he kills Walt, he will know that he has hit new lows/highs. It's almost symbolic, as if he is carrying on the legacy. So the first thing he does is kill the only possible witness - Jane's dad.

Ahhh... sorry, I forgot about the end part :P

His plan is not to kill Jane's dad though. His plan is to kill Walt.. When he kills Walt, he will know that he has hit new lows/highs. It's almost symbolic, as if he is carrying on the legacy. So the first thing he does is kill the only possible witness - Jane's dad.

So... What would be the point of Jane's Dad coming back? Just to get killed by Jesse and do nothing to Walt. It's seems pointless.

So... What would be the point of Jane's Dad coming back? Just to get killed by Jesse and do nothing to Walt. It's seems pointless.

I am not sure exactly how the events will plan out once he reappears. He will definitely come with Jesse to wherever Walt is, and both him and Jesse will start taunting him about letting Jane die. Or something like that. I think Jesse will eventually be the one who pulls the trigger though.

Look, I'm not going to say my theory makes 100 % sense or is 100 % appropriate. At the end of the day, Walt didn't kill Jane. She was a junkie who overdosed and therefore died through asphyxiation. Walt didn't intervene but if he did, who's to say she would have lived anyways. The idea of Jane's dad agreeing to help Jesse kill Walt just because he didn't try to save her might seem a bit far fetched. But at the end of the day, he still let her die. And the fact she did die led to Donald being overcome with grief and therefore causing the plane crash. So it depends what perspective you want to look at it from.

I admit it is quite an ambitious prediction/theory, but it's just a bit of outside the box thinking and if Vince is daring enough he may have thought the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭m0ynihan

I can't see this happening.. Jane's Dad doesn't know that Walt watched Jane die, why would he believe Jesse if he told him that Walt did? I don't see why Donald would actually be necessary in this plan either...

m0ynihan wrote: »
    I can't see this happening.. Jane's Dad doesn't know that Walt watched Jane die, why would he believe Jesse if he told him that Walt did? I don't see why Donald would actually be necessary in this plan either...

As I said, it's ambitious and probably won't happen. But not an outrageous theory by any means (I googled it and turns out other people have considered this theory as well).

Walt could definitely take him in a fight

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Jessenberg.

Skyler was nicknamed Skysenberg a while back. Perhaps she's taking over at the helm.

• Advertisement

Sorry buddy. Do you have some affiliation to this website? Is this just an effort to divert traffic your way??

Your low postcount makes me suspicious.

Advertisement