Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JANE'S DAD! You heard it here first.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Miscme92101

gosplan wrote: »
    Sorry buddy. Do you have some affiliation to this website? Is this just an effort to divert traffic your way??

Your low postcount makes me suspicious.

I don't use boards.ie often or forums in general, only set up my account this week in fact. To think that I'm posting to promote or market a website is quite ridiculous, to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭briany

What kind of man goes to the DS forums?

No man.

Donald Margolis, eh? Well, yeah, it's an interesting theory but the Breaking Bad writers won't be bringing in any surprise guests like that, that's for sure. Donald Margolis doesn't even know Walter White save for one chance encounter where they met as strangers.

How's it supposed to go? Jesse tracks down Donald, assuming he's still alive, and says 'Hi. You remember me? I'm the guy you hold responsible for your daughters death and think is a total scummy, lying junkie piece of shít. Well, actually, it turns out it totally wasn't my fault. What possible reason could you have not to take me at my word? Now let's go kill some guy you've only ever met once in a bar!'

Not happening. Fun theory, but no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

briany wrote: »
    What kind of man goes to the DS forums?

No man.

funniest thing I've seen on d'internet for some time:) nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I made a similar point a few weeks ago, that there are very few characters that have just disappeared from the cast, across the five series.....i.e. many characters have been killed off, e.g. Tuco....but very few played a part and then disappeared......of characters whose names we knew there is Jesse's parents, Donald Margolis, not many others.....and there are obviously a few unresolved issues with these characters...

However I do think its to late to dig these characters up now.

there's a risk this series jumps the shark, but the writers know that so they shouldn't let it happen.

the culmination of the series will involve probably all 3 of the shows central characters, Walt, Jesse and Skylar.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Only fitting end for Walt is a bullet from Jessie,I can see Jessie killing Todd and maybe Uncle Jack too as they have targeted Andrea and Brock.

I think a big reveal in the next episode will be Walt is cancer free or at least in remision otherwise how is he still alive a year in the future with a full growth of hair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I don't use boards.ie often or forums in general, only set up my account this week in fact. To think that I'm posting to promote or market a website is quite ridiculous, to say the least.

It happens a fair bit.

In fairness when you include a 'follow us on twitter and Facebook' plug, people are going to come to that conclusion.

Only fitting end for Walt is a bullet from Jessie,I can see Jessie killing Todd and maybe Uncle Jack too as they have targeted Andrea and Brock.

I think a big reveal in the next episode will be Walt is cancer free or at least in remision otherwise how is he still alive a year in the future with a full growth of hair.

He was coughing blood in the flash forward of S5aE1. That wouldn't imply that we're looking at a man in recovery from lung cancer. Now, yeah, there could always be a twist but does the story need one? Isn't it good or interesting enough already?

Walt wasn't sick (as far as we know) at the time of '51' so it's not that he's been dealing with his illness for a full year and is somehow still, inexplicably, alive. Where in the timeline of that year he got re-diagnosed is left slightly ambiguous and it could easily be that with sensing time is short and having nothing to lose and everything to gain, he comes back to ABQ to settle a score or two.

gosplan wrote: »
    It happens a fair bit.

In fairness when you include a 'follow us on twitter and Facebook' plug, people are going to come to that conclusion.

I never even saw the ''follow us'' bit. I simply googled that article when searching for news stories on Jane's dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

endacl wrote: »
    On a side note, is it just me or is Jesse starting to look more and more like Lars Ulrich?

Dunno, but he's not aging well, that's for sure!

Why? Open your mind and explain why this is such a ridiculous theory.

Well, for starters, he likely died from the gunshot wound, and even if he didn't, he'd probably be brain-damaged.

So him coming back vengefully would be soap opera-tastic.

• Advertisement

At the end of the day, Walt didn't kill Jane.

Actually, he did. When he went to try and wake Jesse, Jane stirred and rolled onto her back. If he hadn't been there, she would still have been on her side, and wouldn't have choked. Adding to this, he could have rolled her back on her side when he saw she was in difficulty.

I admit it is quite an ambitious prediction/theory, but it's just a bit of outside the box thinking and if Vince is daring enough he may have thought the same.

Yes, and clearly anyone who thinks this is an awful idea is closed-minded. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yes, and clearly anyone who thinks this is an awful idea is closed-minded. :rolleyes:

He didn't say that at all. As far as I can see, he was just throwing out another theory. Sure, it's far fetched and outside the box, but so what? It's as valid a theory as anything else!

Also, when someone quotes DS (as I have done in the past), that link automatically appears at the end of whatever you've quoted and you just have to delete it before submitting the post. Obviously this poster wasn't aware of that and posted without deleting that link.

He didn't say that at all. As far as I can see, he was just throwing out another theory. Sure, it's far fetched and outside the box, but so what? It's as valid a theory as anything else!

I realise that, but with slyly snide comments on "open-mindedness" and "thinking out the box". I mean, the BB forum is pretty imaginative and smart as a whole, I find, even when I don't agree with someone's theory, with lots of thoughtful people on here. So disagreeing with his theory after careful consideration isn't necessarily being closed-minded.

If anything, the OP is invalidating any opposing opinion on his theory, rather than the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I realise that, but with slyly snide comments on "open-mindedness" and "thinking out the box". I mean, the BB forum is pretty imaginative and smart as a whole, I find, even when I don't agree with someone's theory, with lots of thoughtful people on here. So disagreeing with his theory after careful consideration isn't necessarily being closed-minded.

If anything, the OP is invalidating any opposing opinion on his theory, rather than the other way around!

Honestly April, I didn't pick up a snidey tone from his posts at all. I reckon he realises it's a long shot, but BB have been known to throw a few left of field surprises in now and then, so who knows?

Truth be told, after I heard that Jane's character was going to resurface in some way again this season, the very same thought about Donald crossed my mind briefly too! I agree it's unlikely, but I can see where he's coming from with it. Gilligan does like to fuck with out heads sometimes! ;)

It could indeed happen... but I for one would be very, very disappointed if it did. :( Headfúckery shouldn't come at expense of a quality storyline.

April I'm sorry if I sounded conceited or patronising in my post, but I'm just proposing an alternative theory to the ending. When someone replies saying 'no, definitely not', and I tell them to 'open their mind', it doesn't mean I presume they are close minded for believing more likely outcomes rather than my far-reach prediction. Rather it means that I just want them to think about it for a few more minutes to see the sense in it.

As I said, my prediction is very much a long stretch. Even last night I watched episode one and episode nine of season 5, i.e. the two intro's where he has the machine gun and then returns to the house. I'll admit that while watching this I thought it would feel very out of place for Jane's dad to return now, and that it would just be a bit silly. You mention the concept of 'head****ery'. I agree that it would leave people totally bamboozled (for lack of a better word). Half the people I have mentioned to automatically thought Jane's dad was definitely dead, so people would be in a WTF state. I'm sure it may have at some point crossed Vince's mind to end it this way given all the brainstorming he does but I'd be surprised if he was willing to take the risk. We'll see though. To sum it up, I don't think it's impossible and it could happen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Isnt it possible that Jane and Tuco and Crazy 8 etc are only due to appear again in a dream or delusion by Walt i.e to represent how many people he has killed or have killed due to his actions. It may just be a short dream sequence before he goes mad on a rampage or sees how evil he has been and reverses his revenge plans (hopefully not the latter, it would be an insult to swallow that).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Isnt it possible that Jane and Tuco and Crazy 8 etc are only due to appear again in a dream or delusion by Walt i.e to represent how many people he has killed or have killed due to his actions. It may just be a short dream sequence before he goes mad on a rampage or sees how evil he has been and reverses his revenge plans (hopefully not the latter, it would be an insult to swallow that).

Yes I think that will definitely happen. However, I imagine that it will be restricted to the more 'innocent' type of people he let die. I doubt he'll be having guilt nightmares about killing Tuco. Krazy8 perhaps as it was his first killing and despite being a gangster he didn't seem that evil when Walt had him down in the basement. Jane definitely. I just hope Jane's dad reappears in that dream so that at least my theory won't look ridiculous haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

Why do people think it would be an insult for Walt to have an epiphany about his past evil deeds and seek to attain some kind of redemption?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why do people think it would be an insult for Walt to have an epiphany about his past evil deeds and seek to attain some kind of redemption?

Because he is too far gone for that. The last episode showed that he only got upset when his own family turned against him and rang the cops on him, so that chapter is over forever. He cant go back because he is a wanted suspect plus his family dont want him back. He cant take on the Nazis as hes only one man and he doesnt know where they are hiding so he has to go into hiding himself for a while in order to figure out his next move. He (and this is crucial) DOESNT CARE what happens to Jessie, who he sent off to be tortured and killed without a blink, even sneering at him about Jane on the way.

For Walt to suddenly reflect on the errors of his ways at this late stage and try to redeem himself with Jessie would be extremely weak and a bit of an insult to the viewers. The man is a walking egomaniac and an evil bastard to boot, he is on the road to destruction, intent on avenging everyone who crossed him, from Marie to the Nazis to Saul etc, hes not going to stop until he is killed himself and its this self destruction that has made Walt so fascinating to watch- as every inch of good in the man is slowly drained away we cant keep our eyes away. A soppy "i regret my past, im a-coming to save you Jessie" would p!ss all over the show.

A soppy "i regret my past, im a-coming to save you Jessie" would p!ss all over the show.

Not if it was given a great lead-in in the penultimate episode, it wouldn't. And even if Walt does rescue Jesse (he might even do this inadvertently - by killing Todd and allowing Jesse to find his own way out with nobody to stop him), I'm predicting that Jesse will kill Walt through some amazing appliance of science; a final, whispered, "Yo...science...Mr White" as a final kissoff and fade-out. Because, even though Walt might break good in these last two episodes, he must pay at the hands of his star pupil.

Not if it was given a great lead-in in the penultimate episode, it wouldn't. And even if Walt does rescue Jesse (he might even do this inadvertently - by killing Todd and allowing Jesse to find his own way out with nobody to stop him), I'm predicting that Jesse will kill Walt through some amazing appliance of science; a final, whispered, "Yo...science...Mr White" as a final kissoff and fade-out. Because, even though Walt might break good in these last two episodes, he must pay at the hands of his star pupil.

I think Jesse will definitely kill Walt. My point being that if Jane's dad is to reappear, then he'll come with Jesse to the scene and taunt Walt with Jesse. It makes sense for Jesse to kill Walt and for the legacy to live on.....;)

It makes sense for Jesse to kill Walt and for the legacy to live on.....;)

How does it make sense, exactly? The one thing I am pretty sure of (about a show where very little can be taken at face value or predicted) is that, left to his own devices, the last thing Jesse wants to do is become a drug kingpin (if that, indeed, is what you mean by legacy).

I think Jesse will definitely kill Walt. My point being that if Jane's dad is to reappear, then he'll come with Jesse to the scene and taunt Walt with Jesse. It makes sense for Jesse to kill Walt and for the legacy to live on.....;)

Jane's dad hates Jesse and blames him for Jane's death, I would imagine. On the other hand, he has absolutely no reason that he knows of to hate Walter. How would Jesse suddenly and believably present an out of the blue infodump to Jane's dad that would adequately explain how Walt is really responsible for Jane's death when he doesn't even have any evidence that it's true? That's a lot questions to be answered in two episodes with so much else going on besides.

briany wrote: »
    Jane's dad hates Jesse and blames him for Jane's death, I would imagine. On the other hand, he has absolutely no reason that he knows of to hate Walter. How would Jesse suddenly and believably present an out of the blue infodump to Jane's dad that would adequately explain how Walt is really responsible for Jane's death when he doesn't even have any evidence that it's true? That's a lot questions to be answered in two episodes with so much else going on besides.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I am aware that this is a very ambitious prediction.

It's a theory which I thought of last March when I finished watching the first half of season five. Up until the last episode, I thought it was a total write-off and I had conceded defeat. However since Jane's name got brought up in the last episode, it has made me wonder again if it is possible that Vince will be bold and daring, and bring Jane's dad back into the fold. Your argument about it being a total 'infodump' on someone who doesn't even trust Jesse is very true, but knowing Vince he will have formulated a very diligent plot.

I could be totally wrong and I more than likely am, but if it does come true then it's here where you heard it first. If I do turn out to be right then everyone who has disagreed with me on this thread has an obligation to market me to script writing agencies :cool:

I could be totally wrong and I more than likely am, but if it does come true then it's here where you heard it first. If I do turn out to be right then everyone who has disagreed with me on this thread has an obligation to market me to script writing agencies :cool:

If you're right, expect me (and a few others) to attempt a nimble backtrack on their words.

Gilligan sometimes keeps a detail tucked away only to reveal it in the next episode which can make future events hard to predict. An example of this is that we had no solid indication that Hank tailed Jesse from Saul's office until explaining it after walking in on Jesse's arson attempt. Even though VG does this, I still don't expect anything like Jane's dad coming back but it doesn't rule out one or two more neat little surprises.

Don't care how great the writing is: I do not want a peripheral character we haven't seen in ages to appear and bring this drama to a close. Funny thing is: there is a very similar back-and-forth going on in another forum I frequent, where a poster is making the exact same argument for Jane's dad coming back...

• Advertisement

Don't care how great the writing is: I do not want a peripheral character we haven't seen in ages to appear and bring this drama to a close. Funny thing is: there is a very similar back-and-forth going on in another forum I frequent, where a poster is making the exact same argument for Jane's dad coming back...

Hmmm... Which forum is this? I posted it in a few, I'm determined to be 'that guy who predicted the ending of breaking bad'... :P

Advertisement