Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JANE'S DAD! You heard it here first.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I agree with OP re Jane's Dad. They wouldn't have gotten a heavyweight character actor such as John de Lancie in for a bit part.

There'll probably be a final stand off between Walter and Jesse with Jane's Dad making the surprise head shot on Walter at the end, appearing horribly disfigured himself due to his failed suicide attempt.

Walter has obviously gotten the serious hardware to deal with Uncle Todd's Nazi gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Why do people think it would be an insult for Walt to have an epiphany about his past evil deeds and seek to attain some kind of redemption?

It would be corny, which BB doesn't do, usually.

Jane's dad appearing or Walt having an epiphany... yeah, they could happen. But I really hope BB is better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭briany

I agree with OP re Jane's Dad. They wouldn't have gotten a heavyweight character actor such as John de Lancie in for a bit part.

I think they got in John de Lancie because he had the acting chops to portray the role the way they wanted it, not because they thought they were going to bring him back at some point. I don't think that just because he was in the series for a relatively short time it was a bit part. I'd consider his contribution to that whole Jane story arc quite an important one and very complete.

For Walt to suddenly reflect on the errors of his ways at this late stage and try to redeem himself with Jessie would be extremely weak and a bit of an insult to the viewers.

This. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Maybe it would end this way if they hired M Night Shayamalmalamalan to write the final episode.

Thankfully Breaking Bad doesn't rely on lazy nonsensical twists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Neil McCauleys Cooler Brother

Having Jane's dad come back would be like having a couple of final scenes where a red dot appears on Walt's head, after he has seemingly prevailed against our favorite Aryan Bros and Jesse (and the DEA). He's shot dead, with the next shot (cinematic) revealing Elliot Schwarz using a mobile phone and saying, "Lydia, it's done. Tell our Czech friends we'll be in touch." Equally as plausible - yet totally implausible - as the returning Donald scenario.

Hmmm... Which forum is this? I posted it in a few, I'm determined to be 'that guy who predicted the ending of breaking bad'... :P

The US-based Home Theater Forum

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

I don't see the point of bringing Donald back just to stand there and do nothing.

Also, I don't see Jesse killing Donald as that would be an awful quick character turn for him after everything he's been through. I'd actually be very disappointed if that's how it finished.

IF they bring Donald back, they had damn well better do something amazing with him, and not have him just stand there and get shot in the head.

briany wrote: »
    If you're right, expect me (and a few others) to attempt a nimble backtrack on their words.

I won't, personally. I'd just be very disappointed if it took this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Miscme92101

The US-based Home Theater Forum

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/

I don't recall posting there. Is it the exact same wording as this post? I suspect plagiarism :P

• Advertisement

Having Jane's dad come back would be like having a couple of final scenes where a red dot appears on Walt's head, after he has seemingly prevailed against our favorite Aryan Bros and Jesse (and the DEA). He's shot dead, with the next shot (cinematic) revealing Elliot Schwarz using a mobile phone and saying, "Lydia, it's done. Tell our Czech friends we'll be in touch." Equally as plausible - yet totally implausible - as the returning Donald scenario.

Interesting theory on Elliot Schwarz.... I've never considered him and his wife having a prominent role in the ending.

How would that come about?

Interesting theory on Elliot Schwarz.... I've never considered him and his wife having a prominent role in the ending.

How would that come about?

The same way Jane's dad would come back: as a result of bad, Lost-style writing.:D

The same way Jane's dad would come back: as a result of bad, Lost-style writing.:D

If it's part of a well formulated plot, then it ain't bad-style writing.

Well, in that case, I contest that my Schwarz involvement is every bit as plausible as your Donald Margolis story. Grey Matter and Madrigal are connected. It is revealed that Walt's initial falling out with his Grey Matter partners concerned branching out and merging, while Walt, as ever, didn't want anyone else benefiting from his/their knowledge. Etc, etc. Either way, the writing will have to take major leaps - in effect a lot of shoehorning - and I will be truly amazed (once again) by this show if they pull off something like either of those two scenarios. One of my predictions for the last scene revolved around a certain painting... Remember it? Two copies of the same painting are shown in the show. It is of a man sailing away on a boat, while his family (we assume) - wife, two children - wave goodbye. Walt's on a slow-boat to the Czech Republic (or Belize).

Well, in that case, I contest that my Schwarz involvement is every bit as plausible as your Donald Margolis story. Grey Matter and Madrigal are connected. It is revealed that Walt's initial falling out with his Grey Matter partners concerned branching out and merging, while Walt, as ever, didn't want anyone else benefiting from his/their knowledge. Etc, etc. Either way, the writing will have to take major leaps - in effect a lot of shoehorning - and I will be truly amazed (once again) by this show if they pull off something like either of those two scenarios. One of my predictions for the last scene revolved around a certain painting... Remember it? Two copies of the same painting are shown in the show. It is of a man sailing away on a boat, while his family (we assume) - wife, two children - wave goodbye. Walt's on a slow-boat to the Czech Republic (or Belize).

Yes it definitely is just as plausible, it's more plausible in fact. Not being a critical part of grey matter is where it all went wrong for Walt, and the reason why he never reached personal fulfillment and therefore branched into the illegitimate drug business to compensate. We'll know a lot more in less than 12 hours anyways :D

Hats off bro, you win. Jane's dad will definitely not reappear now. But yup, the Schwarz have. And I don't think it takes a genius to guess that the machine gun is for the Nazi's, and the ricin is for the Schwarz.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Vaxxine

I'm pretty sure Donald died. Self inflicted gunshot wound was obviously a suicide attempt. He's not gonna go shoot himself in the leg now, is he

Vaxxine wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Donald died. Self inflicted gunshot wound was obviously a suicide attempt. He's not gonna go shoot himself in the leg now, is he

Yeah, they really should have confirmed on the radio though that he was dead. The fact Vince didn't actually include that in the script made me wonder about the possibility, but I guess not.

Yeah, they really should have confirmed on the radio though that he was dead. The fact Vince didn't actually include that in the script made me wonder about the possibility, but I guess not.

He probably wasn't dead at that point, but they just couldn't save him?
    You never know though, he could still be out there somewhere! :D

Vaxxine wrote: »
    He probably wasn't dead at that point, but they just couldn't save him?
    You never know though, he could still be out there somewhere! :D

Haha yeah. I just don't know how they are going to fit in everything (excluding the virtually impossible scenario of Donald coming back) in as little as 75 minutes. Lydia has to die, the nazi's have to be killed, Jesse and Walt will have to have one final stand off or 'moment'.... and of course there is now the small matter of 'grey matter' :P

• Advertisement

Haha yeah. I just don't know how they are going to fit in everything (excluding the virtually impossible scenario of Donald coming back) in as little as 75 minutes. Lydia has to die, the nazi's have to be killed, Jesse and Walt will have to have one final stand off or 'moment'.... and of course there is now the small matter of 'grey matter' :P

Ah I see what you did there :P

I'm raging over the whole 75 minute carry on, they shouldn't have included commercials in that, got my hopes up! Was only 53 mins or something.

I've stopped going over possible scenarios in my head, what ever happens, happens, and it's going to be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,642 ✭✭✭✭briany

Hats off bro, you win. Jane's dad will definitely not reappear now. But yup, the Schwarz have. And I don't think it takes a genius to guess that the machine gun is for the Nazi's, and the ricin is for the Schwarz.

Why would Walt want to kill Elliot and Gretchen? I always took it that Walt blamed himself for walking away. I know he feels bitter about their success but Walt is not the sort who performs calculated killings out of wounded pride. He did kill Mike out of wounded pride but that was on the spur of the moment. Walt's definitely going to get the Nazis because they took something he built. Elliot and Gretchen took something that Walt could have built but backed out of. I'd be disappointed if Walt went after them out of bitterness.

Yes, I think that TV interview with the Schwartzs was just to get Heisenberg's blood up. I kind of hope more than think, because I am having visions of a finale opening flashback to that weekend when Walt walked away from Grey Matter... When Walt hears about Andrea he is going to do a lot of soul-searching (is he capable of anything approaching a moral dilemma at this stage?).

Yeah I think you're right there, the prologue will be a flashback to the disagreement he had with the Schwartz over grey matter, and the subsequent walking out of the business. Also, you could be right in that the tv interview was more just a catalyst for him to carry out the unfinished business with the Nazi's and regain his empire, rather than a motivation for him to go after The Schwartz. Perhaps the prologue will show the true extent of the disagreement, and whether Walt left on his own terms or was ushered out by them. The Ricin will be used for either Lydia or perhaps the Schwartz, we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

The Ricin will be used for the Schwartz, we'll see.

That would great, though after Walt goes nutz with the M60

That would great, though after Walt goes nutz with the M60

My revised prediction (I've faced up to the fact Jane's dad isn't returning, lol):

The prologue: It will be 15 years back in time, when Walt and The Schwartz were starting up Gray Matter. There will be a disagreement over something and Walt will shake Eliot and Gretchens hands, with the conclusion that Walt feels it is best that he leaves the company and does his own thing. Walt walks out of the building/office, and the last scene of the prologue is The Schwartz putting some 'crucial' folders into a confidential drawer. One of the folders has Walts name on it, and perhaps there is some title such as 'Iconic methods'. This is the research which they stole from Walt.

The Core: Walt makes his way back to New Mexico in a frantic struggle. Lydia arrives at Todd's lab to see her 'product' in action. Jesse is cooking away. Todd still hasn't pulled Lydia yet and is therefore still as infatuated with her as ever. Too busy focusing on Lydia, he forgets to monitor Jesse. Let's not forget that despite Todd's chilling and sociopathic ways, he is quite aloof, evident in how he believed Jesse when he told him he wanted the cover off 'to look at the stars'. Jesse realises this and uses his initiative. He starts mixing chemicals together to make some poisonous gas - just like Walt did to knock out Krazy8 and his partner back in season one. Todd realises the carnage, but Lydia collapses to the ground before he can do anything. He tries to save her and while doing so Jesse somehow escapes from the crane he is attached to. Todd eventually passes out as well. Boom, they're both dead. That's Lydia and Todd out of the equation.

Jesse runs in a panic, attempting to jump the gate again. But nope, the nazi's appear again. However, there is someone on the other side of the gate. Yup, you guessed it..... Walt. He got his machine gun, he visited his house and got the ricin, and somehow he has traced the Nazi's whereabouts. The gunfire commences. It will be a struggle, but needless to say the Nazi's all get killed off by Walt. So here it is, the final showdown between Jesse and Walt. I predict a dialogue which will last over five minutes, where Jesse (who is unarmed) is caught between two minds of negotiating with Walt for his life and yelling 'Just kill me already'. As much as I hate to say it, I think Walt will pull the trigger. That's Jesse gone.

The ending: I can't think of how this exactly how this will be done, but Walt will find Eliot and Gretchen's whereabouts and somehow give them the ricin. I would say something as simply sneaking into the house while they make dinner and putting it in some pot, then appearing in front of them as they eat through the dinner and consume it. He will taunt them like mad and watch them die right in front of him. Walt will leave, and try to find his family one last time. In doing so he will get caught by the DEA/Police. Skyler will appear one last time, to inform Walt that holly is now in foster care, and that Walt Jr is in custody for something major - perhaps being caught robbing a store while high on meth or heroin. The last scene will be a poster somewhere saying 'chemistry, the study of change'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

The ending: I can't think of how this exactly how this will be done, but Walt will find Eliot and Gretchen's whereabouts and somehow give them the ricin. I would say something as simply sneaking into the house while they make dinner and putting it in some pot, then appearing in front of them as they eat through the dinner and consume it. He will taunt them like mad and watch them die right in front of him. Walt will leave, and try to find his family one last time. In doing so he will get caught by the DEA/Police. Skyler will appear one last time, to inform Walt that holly is now in foster care, and that Walt Jr is in custody for something major - perhaps being caught robbing a store while high on meth or heroin. The last scene will be a poster somewhere saying 'chemistry, the study of change'.

I can't see him waiting there for 2 or 3 days just to see them s**t themselves :D

Advertisement