Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 mile January 27th

Options
  • 01-10-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

hi everyone.
    just letting people know that entries for the 2013 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile Race are now being taken online at active.comGlobal
    the race is Sunday January 27th and entry costs €20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

hi everyone.
    just letting people know that entries for the 2013 John Treacy Dungarvan 10 Mile Race are now being taken online at active.comGlobal
    the race is Sunday January 27th and entry costs €20.
    Does this race sell out early or can we wait until 2013 to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

A very timely thread, I was trying to register for the race this morning and it was telling me that registration was full.

I've only copped it now that I was trying to register for the 2012 race!!!

Cracking race this. Will be registering in a minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Looking forward to this! Always a good one to race.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭trats

Does this race sell out early or can we wait until 2013 to register?

Entry is limited and I think was full just before Christmas last year, so best to get in early.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭student2010

Fantastic race, did it in January of this year, extremely well organised, pretty flat course, well worth signing up imo, I'll be aiming for a pb in January.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

From the website:
    There will be prizes for the first 3 Men's Teams and the first Ladies Team.

:confused:

Edit: Lots of discrimination in the prizes there against wimmen :eek: Top 10 men get prizes but only top 6 women, 5th and 6th men get more prize money than 5th and 6th women. Shocking. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Edit: Lots of discrimination in the prizes there against wimmen :eek: Top 10 men get prizes but only top 6 women, 5th and 6th men get more prize money than 5th and 6th women. Shocking. :eek:
    Wait a minute. There are additional prized for F35 (1st and 2nd), while there is no M35, so the discrimination is really against old men. Of course if you are F65 you're out of luck, while M65 will net you €50). My guess is they just look at the age and finishing profile from previous races and just base their prize structure on representative statistics (or maybe it's designed so John Treacy is in with a shot of winning the M55 prize ;)).

The last race I competed in had prizes for the first male and female, first m40/f40, and that was it. So I wouldn't be too vocal about complaining about this structure!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

I wouldn't say there's a major panic to register for this race just yet as I think they're allowing 1750 entries, just as well to get those entries in quickly all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Same day as Raheny 5mile I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

tunguska wrote: »

Yes - am sure that it was this year anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭boost creep

tunguska wrote: »

those two races do seem to fall on the same day come to think of it, pity that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Did this one last year. This and Ballycotton do become full and are the only two that I will sign up to long in advance. Won't do Mallow this year

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Brilliant Race this year... will run it again next year hopefully..
    Fills up bout 2/3 weeks beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

Great race, i've done it 3 times. Worth the trip from London in Jan for it. The spread last year was heavenly.

Not for me this coming year but hope to return in 2014.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Yeah falls the same day as Raheny 5 every year which is a shame since theres a lack of quality 5 and 10 mile races around

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

top race,fast as they come!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭scout33

Ok story as of tonight almost half full-no panic just yet-but i won't be leaving it too late to enter as it will defently be full by end of December for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

is the route staying the same? I note the pt to pt is on that day also, so there will be no problems with traffic?

Also, is there any pacers in the race?

Andalucia wrote: »
    is the route staying the same? I note the pt to pt is on that day also, so there will be no problems with traffic?

Also, is there any pacers in the race?
    Route the same

Pt to pt on 20th

Pacers yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

This race was organised close to flawless last year. The only negative was there was an oil spill about half way but that happened on the morning of the race by some farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Signed up at the start of this month, and really looking forward to my first go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

this is a great race. it will sell out early. (like 2012) there will be a flood of entries after the Waterford half marathon..
    only one hill on the route . a real PB route..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

scout33 wrote: »
    Ok story as of tonight almost half full-no panic just yet-but i won't be leaving it too late to enter as it will defently be full by end of December for sure.

Thanks for the reminder, put the form in the post this morning. Let's hope there won't be any diesel spills this year!

opus wrote: »

Thanks for the reminder, put the form in the post this morning. Let's hope there won't be any diesel spills this year!
    Hope not last year the course was checked at 12.45 and at1 it had happened no one saw anything !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

what pacer options will be available?

The organisers are looking at pacers at the moment-probably going with same as last year.70-75-80-85 and 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

The organisers are looking at pacers at the moment-probably going with same as last year.70-75-80-85 and 90.
    I rem pacing mates last year. With no mats at the start pacing 90 min would be a disaster. It might take u a min to cross Thr start.

Sur the start line is 40 feet wide it couldn't possibly take you a minute to cross the start line at this race. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Sur the start line is 40 feet wide it couldn't possibly take you a minute to cross the start line at this race. :)
    Took us 15 seconds to pass line and we were in front of Thr 75s......for a pacers point of view no mat at The start is a disaster as they might try and make the time lost straight away hence making them a negative rather than a positive. We were with a girl at 5 miles who said the 75 lads did mile 1 in over 8 min(8.10 I think). 40 sec down after the fast 1st mile is a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Took us 15 seconds to pass line and we were in front of Thr 75s......for a pacers point of view no mat at The start is a disaster as they might try and make the time lost straight away hence making them a negative rather than a positive. We were with a girl at 5 miles who said the 75 lads did mile 1 in over 8 min(8.10 I think). 40 sec down after the fast 1st mile is a lot.

was talking to some of the pacers after this race & none of them were complaining & they all came in on time.

Advertisement