Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the joys of knocking on doors

• 07-04-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

As is always said here, it pays dividends to hop in the car and meet the local farmers. I got a phone call from a lad today who asked his brother in laws dad if I could hunt deer on his land, he has about 120 acres. After answering said phone call I found out that the ould legend asked the neighbours on either side of him and a couple of lads down the road. So, come september,I have over 600 acres to hunt! :D:D They also said that we would have hot dinners waiting for us every time we go there! they asked in return, please do a bit of foxing(they're all sheep farmers)no more than two or three lads hunting at a time(there will only ever be two of us)and would we mind SELLING them some venison! Obviously they will have plenty of FREE deer meat(how could you charge guys that nice) methinks next season could be a good one. It just goes to show, you don't ask, you don't get!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Longranger wrote: »
    As is always said here, it pays dividends to hop in the car and meet the local farmers. I got a phone call from a lad today who asked his brother in laws dad if I could hunt deer on his land, he has about 120 acres. After answering said phone call I found out that the ould legend asked the neighbours on either side of him and a couple of lads down the road. So, come september,I have over 600 acres to hunt! :D:D They also said that we would have hot dinners waiting for us every time we go there! they asked in return, please do a bit of foxing(they're all sheep farmers)no more than two or three lads hunting at a time(there will only ever be two of us)and would we mind SELLING them some venison! Obviously they will have plenty of FREE deer meat(how could you charge guys that nice) methinks next season could be a good one. It just goes to show, you don't ask, you don't get!

Well done and happy hunting and mind it with your life;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

god bless the good irish farmers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Sweet! Happy days lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

Longranger wrote: »

happy hunting , im travelling over to a friend, and he's bringing me to some farmers he know's so hopefully il have half your luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

TriggerPL wrote: »
    happy hunting , im travelling over to a friend, and he's bringing me to some farmers he know's so hopefully il have half your luck.

Cheers trigger, good luck to you with it. It's a nice feeling to know next season is sorted.

• Advertisement

knocked on 7 doors today , three told me they shoot them selves so no ! 3 told me that i could shoot away and give me there number . and one gentleman give me written permission . and said i can have the full use of his quad .

It pays to ask !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Where the F are u livin havin nice farmers like that
    I shoot but only with the dad I hunt with a Harris hawk and findin it hard to get permission in Dublin big time even if im out for ferreting land

People are alot more weary up ur way ,farmers hear ya want to shoot deer down ere and there like , any thing they can do to help

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Split out some posts into "swop day" thread here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

could of swore i had a wet dream the other night very similar to this lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement