Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

26-02-2012, 22:53   #1
darkman2
Banned

1st weekend, 2nd week of March - changes coming

Hi all!

It's pretty quiet in here atm understandably nothing tremendously exciting having occured this last week. And nothing exciting is going to occur this coming week either. It's more of the same for much of the coming week but turning more unsettled next weekend. Relatively mild throughout particularly up to Wednesday when temperatures will still be reaching the dizzy heights of 12 or 13c. Gradually cooler thereafter.

It's early days but signs are big changes are evolving in the weather for next weekend onward although timing is skewed across the models. There is reasonable agreement that a much colder Northwesterly flow should initially become established bringing a period of polar maritime conditions and wintry showers, return of night time frosts.

Here the track diverges on what happens next. ATM a continuation of polar maritime regime seems more likely however there is also a lower chance of Northeasterlies becoming established aswell as pressure builds to the Northeast. Watch this space. There is some confidence across the models right now. And no matter what happens we may well see this place light up like a Christmas tree again toward the end of the week!
Advertisement
26-02-2012, 23:04   #2
pauldry

you mean mr weather is going to come back from his season vacation??
26-02-2012, 23:25   #3
To Alcohol

Your like a "Terminator" Darman2. You just wont go away. Hope your right though.
27-02-2012, 00:34   #4
Joe Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman2 View Post
Hi all!
And no matter what happens we may well see this place light up like a Christmas tree again toward the end of the week!
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

(3) thanks from:
27-02-2012, 00:47   #5
sparrowcar

Love it Darkman, good stuff.

I look forward to you starting a thread at the end of July...."Possible cold snap early August"

Now for all the gloom merchants to spoil it.....
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 01:18   #6
cherryghost
Frequent Support Feeder

Send a message via MSN to cherryghost Send a message via Yahoo to cherryghost Send a message via Skype™ to cherryghost
Had a look at this development a few days ago but sheesh its so far out it may as well be classed as FI
27-02-2012, 10:58   #7
Nabber

Tis is a long way out.

I'm hoping it stays mild. Days are getting longer. Shorts are coming back into fashion and Northerly flow may just mean we will be cold and wet.
Thanks from:
27-02-2012, 11:22   #8
ZX7R

I have been reading the charts also darkman,its a bit out in fi,but deffently worth keeping an eye on.also i said in a past post that we could have a white easter and i still think we will... many of the older folk from around where i live now and where i use to live up near wicklow mountains keep saying to me it will be a snowy easter...
27-02-2012, 13:45   #9

No real specifics yet but looks like we might actually get a bit of active weather again from next weekend. I'd take anything at this stage really, as long as its a break from this misty drizzle we've had almost constantly for the entire month in the north west
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-02-2012, 14:50   #10
Musicman2000

The trend has being for a colder start to spring in the models over the last 2 weeks, well in FI, But they are starting to show a NE flow if it keeps going with this trend for the next few days, who knows what could happen maybe winter could be making up for lost time

27-02-2012, 15:47   #11
odyboody

Ah now lads and lasses, We all know in our hearts and souls it will swivel and any cold will head for the balkans and Greece
27-02-2012, 16:08   #12
tylercollins

Send a message via Skype™ to tylercollins
I don't think my heart could cope with the charts going back and forward! I'm all for the weather to move onto the next season now
27-02-2012, 17:55   #13
mickger844posts

For weather fans who most of the visitors in here are its been such a boring 12 months of weather. The seasons have more or less disappeared with very little variations. Something has to give at some stage. Maybe this cold spell will happen but i fear the weather will continue as is. We need some sort of weather event to restore interest.
Thanks from:
27-02-2012, 19:20   #14
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
at this stage i'd rather the mild continue and keep building into a warm and sunny summer saving the proper cold stuff for next winter.
27-02-2012, 20:24   #15
Musicman2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
at this stage i'd rather the mild continue and keep building into a warm and sunny summer saving the proper cold stuff for next winter.
I wished it worked that way Gonzo but its Ireland we live in, who knows what the summer will bring, but im sure most of us would love a decent cold blast in the next few weeks to make up for the rubbish winter and this non weather we are stuck in the last few weeks.
Thanks from:
Thread Closed