Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭galldar

Herself just picked up a ps3 for €100 in Ashbourne, think it was the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

I got the Caselogic 7-9 inch DVD player carry bag in Middleton. Priced at €16 but scanned at €3.20, the lady went off to check and said it was OK. So went and got another. Still a few on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Siobh73

Superfint, Were the TV's marked at that price in Drogheda? Was up there kast week and scanned a few tvs but no bargains like that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Jelly Belly Jelly bean mugs and 100grms of assorted jelly beans. Was 10Euro, marked down to 5 Euro, scanning @ 99c

Note- check the best-before date on the bottom of the box- Jelly Beans do go out of date. Even if they are out of date- 99c for a nice cup, is pretty ok.

Mike the Knight, Delux Glendragon playset (with castle, horse, Mike and other bits and bods). Was 40, marked down to 25, scanning @ 5 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Mike the Knight, Delux Glendragon playset (with castle, horse, Mike and other bits and bods). Was 40, marked down to 25, scanning @ 5 Euro.

Which tesco was that??

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Superfint, Were the TV's marked at that price in Drogheda? Was up there kast week and scanned a few tvs but no bargains like that

I asked about the cheap 19" / 22" Toshiba tvs to the staff up there, the boxes wern't out or on display.
    I just knew of them from this thread. Defo none of the 22" tvs left.

Did see random ink in a basket but didn;t look through it.

craggy2 wrote: »
    Which tesco was that??

Maynooth. Sorry.
    Added title including store to 2 previous posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

shannon82 wrote: »
    Any printers or ink?

Or any ink in and around Dublin?? probably gone, worth a try though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Beadyeye

cerastes wrote: »
    Or any ink in and around Dublin?? probably gone, worth a try though.

There's lots of ink in a basket in Lucan, at top of electrical aisle, opposite the fruit and veg. Got a 2gb mp3 player for a tenner yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

Anyone have opinions on the (Thomas) knives they have discounted with the buy and save stickers?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had a quick search on google, and they seemed good quality, but possible get blunt quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

There was a good few HD Digital terrestrial receiver boxes in Greystones yesterday for €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭prancer

Nenagh Store had a batman (dark night rises) digital camera for €12 today in the Bargin Basket. Saw two of them. Not sure if they are good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Anyone know is there a price checker in clarehall

Edit

Found one in mineral isle

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

vickers209, there are two that I know of.

The first is at the front of the shop on a pillar near the first aisle behind customer services.

The other is down near the end of the store in the aisle with the coke etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

vickers209 wrote: »
    Anyone know is there a price checker in clarehall

There's one near the magazines on a pillar and one in the soft drinks aisle on the other side of the shop. They're the 2 I know of, and both were working yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There was a good few HD Digital terrestrial receiver boxes in Greystones yesterday for €10

If they are the ones in a very small box, they were €4 in Stillorgan on the 27th Dec, they had about 20 at 9.30am and all were gone by 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Interrobang

Saw five of these in Wilton this morning, marked down to €5 on the shelf - bottom shelf on the left in the toy section.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ILoveBargains

A few of these in Stillorgan yesterday

No sign of the battery chargers which I was looking for though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭lasair

What's the code for the 22"

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

shakedown wrote: »
    Anyone have opinions on the (Thomas) knives they have discounted with the buy and save stickers?

Tesco have already run this promotion in the UK and the general consensus is that they are good for the price (discounted) but nothing more than that.

I picked them up to feel them in my hand and the handles are hollow so feel cheap and very light. I wouldn't want a chefs knife without good weight in it but I guess the paring knives would be good value for money.

Most of the reviews commented that they needed sharpening out of the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr Bob

I have a toshiba bluray 1250, which a friend bought for me, if anyone wants it for what was paid in dublin rathfarnham area, let me know, otherwise he'll give it back to tesco.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tesco Portlaoise have a Baby Doll set which includes a Doll, Stroller, High Chair and Bed. Marked on the box with a sticker "€20.9" but scanning at 9.99 :)

Mr Bob wrote: »
    I have a toshiba bluray 1250, which a friend bought for me, if anyone wants it for what was paid in dublin rathfarnham area, let me know, otherwise he'll give it back to tesco.

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

1 Gelert two person tent complete with a porch in the clearance section of Tesco Clearwater. Reduced from 40 to 10 Euro. Not bad at all, Good brand

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

1 Gelert two person tent complete with a porch in the clearance section of Tesco Clearwater. Reduced from 40 to 10 Euro. Not bad at all, Good brand

Was travelling past the Swinford store last Friday. There were at least 6 tents on offer at €10 & $12.

Mr Bob wrote: »

Apparently this is a 'Region Free' bluray player that will play any region disks.....

http://www.220-electronics.com/toshiba-bdx1250-region-free-blu-ray-dvd-player.html

Who knew.....

Maynooth. Sorry.

Cheers picked up one of them mike the knight sets in Naas yesterday...

• Advertisement

Maynooth. Sorry.

Cheers picked up one of them mike the knight sets in Naas yesterday...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement