Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 benchrest targets

Options
  • 06-05-2011 10:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 184 ✭✭

hello guys wondering if anyone could let me know where i could find the above mentioned target for sale. have recently taken up this discipline and would like to be able to practice at home on the same target as the one used on the range any help would be great cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If these are the ones you are refering to ................

DanBrownTarget.jpg

............... i have a few hundred left over from my benchrest days. You're welcome to them if you lke. They are actually not the exact same as the one above. They are identical to the ones used on the midlands range.

i used to print my own. With the amount i used to shoot it was cheaper that way.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭NASRPC: Nigel

Many clubs would have them - they may get their own printed or use the NASRPC ones or the UKBR22 ones (The same bar the branding)

Wherever you intend to shoot should have some for sale.

Hope it helps.

Ezridax wrote: »
    .,.....i have a few hundred left over from my benchrest days. You're welcome to them if you lke.....
    Wherever you intend to shoot should have some for sale.

Know which one i'd choose.:D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Try printing these off:

50 MT BR

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭clivej

I have them in Word format for printing out but as its A4 page size there's only 15 to a page but it works for me.

I'll send you on the word file so's you can print them off.

cJ

ps My highest score in a match was 224 with 5 10X with that rifle your getting, beat that. ;):p:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

share them CJ we can all have a go then...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 184 ✭✭custom 7mm08

well clive i will take on that challenge some day perhaps in the midlands range. after i have had some practice

clivej wrote: »
    PS -My highest score in a match was 224 with 5 10X with that rifle your getting, beat that. ;):p:p

Say hello to a 250 - 25x rifle. :D

picture.php?albumid=811&pictureid=4092

Never got it on the midlands. Best i done was 250 - 11x.

Kinda pointless showing it off now. Its gone. :( Actually cried a little when i sold it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

What scope is on that?

Its a Weaver T36, fixed power, fine reticle, target dot. Exellent clarity, and huge magnification for 25 and 50 mtr shooting. Plus not too expensive. Around the €350 mark.

• Advertisement

Ezridax wrote: »
    Its a Weaver T36, fixed power, fine reticle, target dot. Exellent clarity, and huge magnification for 25 and 50 mtr shooting. Plus not too expensive. Around the €350 mark.

Thought it was have had me eye on one of those for a while.

Do ya reckon they'd be any good for 100 yards?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'll vouch for the Weaver. Great scope. I have a V-16 4-16x42 kicking around somewhere I got for hold analysis work on the target rifle (Never really used it much, would sell to anyone interested) and I shot some rabbits with it too. Glass was great. Has a fine reticle for target shooting, which became invisible long before the glass stopped being useful at dusk.

I'll vouch for the Weaver. Great scope. I have a V-16 4-16x42 kicking around somewhere I got for hold analysis work on the target rifle (Never really used it much, would sell to anyone interested) and I shot some rabbits with it too. Glass was great. Has a fine reticle for target shooting, which became invisible long before the glass stopped being useful at dusk.

Price?

I'll have to find it, wherever it is. As I recall, it was in mint nick. Think it cost me about €240, so maybe call it €150 if I can find it?

I'll have to find it, wherever it is. As I recall, it was in mint nick. Think it cost me about €240, so maybe call it €150 if I can find it?

There's a recession on :P

Post a photo if ya find it it may suit for bunnies and we'll talk cash then ;)

There's a recession on :P

Post a photo if ya find it it may suit for bunnies and we'll talk cash then ;)

Have to say, I found it grand for daytime bunnies, never shot under the lamp with it, but while the dot would be fine (Has a target dot in the centre) I'd say the crosshairs themselves would be impossible to see. It's much more of a target reticle to be honest. Still, next time I'm heading down your way, I'll put it in the car if you like. Found it there. Has some very superficial lines on the body, nothing even through the finish, glass is still perfect. It's doing me no good, so wouldn't mind shifting it on for a few quid. Send us a PM though and we'll sort something rather than clogging up this thread.

Do ya reckon they'd be any good for 100 yards?

It has more mag than my Nightforce 8-32. Clarity wise i do not think it would hold up to NF standards at long distances, ie 300+yds, but for 100 yards even out to 200 it would be perfect.

Not that you cannot see clearly out of it, just haze, mirage, etc would be worse as it would not have the same quality glass as the upper end scopes. But for €300 ish its a hell of a good scope.

TBH I'd only want it for my .22lr.

Do ya know any dealers here selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭clivej

Ok here are the Bench Rest targets, I'm not just a pretty face you know. :p:p:p

The word doc 15 to a page file as shown below. Click the link and save or open the file
    BR Target15 per page 52mm box.doc

BRtarget15toapageworddocimage.jpg

Or 25 to a page the real 50m BR targets.
    BR Target 50m 25 a page.pdf

Advertisement