Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Nasty weather tonight !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

we're getting misty rain down here in cork, but looks like the heavy stuff just missed us. wouldnt mind some decent rain to be honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Ugh i am so raging at my mother right now! The weather is fine here just a bit drizzly.. though meto have weather warning out for us now. Where is this rain anyway i canny see it on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

owenc wrote: »
    Ugh i am so raging at my mother right now! The weather is fine here just a bit drizzly.. though meto have weather warning out for us now. Where is this rain anyway i canny see it on the radar.

:confused:.Just drizzle here now.

John85 wrote: »
    :confused:.Just drizzle here now.

:confused::confused::confused: i can do that too, do be quiet:rolleyes: And anywonder theres drizzle, there is no front!

i can do that too, do be quiet:rolleyes: And anywonder theres drizzle, there is no front!

Have you looked out your window today :rolleyes:.There is a front moving across the atlantic now.Do be quiet:confused:

• Advertisement

Have you looked out your window today :rolleyes:.There is a front moving across the atlantic now.Do be quiet:confused:

No its moving up the bay of biscay and its ment to be here now and yes i have it was lovely and sunny and was 22c and i'm sure it was bucketing down were you are in the middle of nowhere. The front that was ment to be here now is breaking up over england.

It was a lovely day here once the morning frost melted(second this month got to -1).Got a high of 24c today.Hopefully tomorrow it will get even hotter but its not looking good.

It was a lovely day here once the morning frost melted.Got a high of 24c today.Hopefully tomorrow it will get even other but its not looking good.

Aye some frost you got last night at 12c,:P sorry you won't even get a grass frost in your place until like october and i'll have a air frost by septembers end.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,285 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well hopefully we get some pickup for the weekend, We've got the match on Sunday afterall :D

It was a lovely day here once the morning frost melted(second this month got to -1).Got a high of 24c today.Hopefully tomorrow it will get even hotter but its not looking good.

were do you live what town... erm sorry to rain on your parade but the lowest in your county on the 23rd july was a mere 13c!!:P Lies, you are such a lier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,928 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

3hr forecast does show some heavy rain to the southwest
    3hr_rain.gif3hr_rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,572 ✭✭✭lord lucan

listermint wrote: »
    Well hopefully we get some pickup for the weekend, We've got the match on Sunday afterall :D

Bound to tip down on sunday,the Dubs are at Croker!:p

15 hr forecast, so tomorrow noon looks like the worst of it
    ngp10sfc10m030atlantic.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,580 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Temp here shot up from 15C to 18C in only ten minutes about 90 minutes ago:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

were do you live what town... erm sorry to rain on your parade but the lowest in your county on the 23rd july was a mere 13c!!:P Lies, you are such a lier.
    What weather station do you have owen? You do have one right?

For anyone who thinks owen is a lier , f off he's not. His weather station recorded 4c yesterday afternoon and there was snow and ice and all , during the lightning , wasn't there owen?;)

You did record that with a weatheer station owen didn't you , don't tell me you lied:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Your right Birdnut,it has become very mild/warm/humid over the past few hours.several stations reporting 18 degrees in the 2200 and 2300 reports on Met.Lowest been Knock at 13.Some clumps of rain approaching the SW too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

A few sferics in that rain to the southwest, should be getting into Kerry in the next hour or so.

sf_na_1d.gif?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Some really heavy returns showing now with that lightning

Web_radar.gif

Yes definatly,gonna be a big bang in the SW any minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭weisses

National Forecast

19 August 2010 10:56

ME useless as ever :(

Bit of cloud lightning here .... is drizzly and foggy so not the best viewing weather ..... going outside now to check

• Advertisement

Shannon Airport now 19 Degrees....not bad for 0030.Weisses,ME useually update the site around 1700 but as you quoted they didnt.However Jean Byrne on the 9.30 weather said there was a risk of thunder but agreed the site should of been updated,even if not much had changed.

edit: 3hr 3am forecast
    3hr_rain_1.jpg

forecast for 2am
    3hr_rain.jpg

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp Some rain falling in that red "spot"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I'm surprised Valentia isn't reporting any thunder on the 12am update:

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

as the path of detected strikes seems to have headed straight for the island:

http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

will wait up to see how the 1am reports are looking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Had an explosion of lightning here in Kerry at around 00.46. Two rapid flashes and a loud clap of thunder, I was watching Top Gear on my multimedia system and had to shut every thing down, typing now from my battery powered laptop via wifi. Haven't seen lightning in a month and it was cool!

"Will wait up to see how the 1am reports are looking"-Likewise.Will be very surprised if 19 degrees is bet too!! Shame there isnt a few on reporting the thunder/lightening that is obviously happening in the SW.

Good man Stinicker!! Was waiting for a report like that!

Well DE,MET reports at 0100 Rain/thunder Valentia!! Shannon still holding 19 degrees.Even Knock is 15 Degrees with a QNH of 999 and 100% Humidity(must be rather cloudy/foggy up there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Well DE,MET reports at 0100 Rain/thunder Valentia!! Shannon still holding 19 degrees.

19c is a pretty impressive temp for this time of night! Still rising here if slowly, on 16.6c at the mo. RH down a little on 97%. Looking at the radar and sat images, dosen't look like I am in the path of anything worthwhile to staying up for:

124840.gif

Nice looking clump of rain developing west of Mayo though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭fishmahboi

Judging by the radar it looks as if the rain is getting more showery as it heads east

Advertisement