Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty weather tonight !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

seems to be staying to the west
    forecast for 4am looks heavy over galway
    3hr_rain_2.jpg

5am forecast :eek: going to be wet morning in the west
    3hr_rain_3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Interesting temperature/humidity readings from Oranmore earlier tonight
    attachment.php?attachmentid=124843&stc=1&d=1282270777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Feels very warm and humid outside. Temp is above 19C which is quite unusual, for this hour of the morning, with a warm breeze blowing.

forecast for 9am, looks like the worst of it going to the north
    3hr_rain_4.jpg
    I guess the temperature rise is the south wind
    3hr_wind.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

have never seen a precip chart showing such heavy/intense rain for Ireland, well off the coast in this case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Omg that is some warm sector went too bed at 12 was about 12c now it's 21c and rising ! I hope the temps don't drop

Stena Line is advising passengers that the 3pm fast-ferry sailing from Rosslare to Fishguard has been cancelled because of bad weather.

Anyone booked on the sailing will be accomodated on Stenaline's conventional ferry sailing at 9.45pm this evening.

For more information people are advised to contact Stena Line directly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Love bad weather. Lovely really windy and wet weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Nice and sunny all morning here in west Kerry :D

• Advertisement

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    What weather station do you have owen? You do have one right?

For anyone who thinks owen is a lier , f off he's not. His weather station recorded 4c yesterday afternoon and there was snow and ice and all , during the lightning , wasn't there owen?;)

You did record that with a weatheer station owen didn't you , don't tell me you lied:eek:

REPORTED You should've learn't your lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

owenc wrote: »
    REPORTED You should've learn't your lesson.

Cheers for that.

Just awnser this question , do you have a weather station or do you make your temperature readings up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Here's an animation of that impressive linear feature this morning.

124887.gif

Cheers for that.

Just awnser this question , do you have a weather station or do you make your temperature readings up?

I still reported you, i have a wee tooty thing way like a temperature thingy and humidty and all that but i'm getting a proper thing for winter. :P Now get back to what ever you were doing, here i go to depressing derry, ewgh canny stick that place them and their accents and the horrible weather their, ewgh!!

I still reported you, i have a wee tooty thing way like a temperature thingy and humidty and all that but i'm getting a proper thing for winter. :P Now get back to what ever you were doing, here i go to depressing derry, ewgh canny stick that place them and their accents and the horrible weather their, ewgh!!

Where is derry , I can't find ant city called derry on the map , where is it? Do you mean LondonDerry?

Where is derry , I can't find ant city called derry on the map , where is it? Do you mean LondonDerry?

oh shut up:rolleyes: and its not LondonDerry its Londonderry. I call it derry because you sound like a bigot if you say lononderry , but i call the county, county londonderry because it was never county derry and it dosen't feel right, plus thats its officual name. there are you happy hearing someone from coleraine saying derry (even know practically everyone calls it derry.)

oh shut up:rolleyes: and its not LondonDerry its Londonderry. I call it derry because you sound like a bigot if you say lononderry , but i call the county, county londonderry because it was never county derry and it dosen't feel right, plus thats its officual name. there are you happy hearing someone from coleraine saying derry (even know practically everyone calls it derry.)

Sorry , I don't speak nordy so I didn't understand a word of that Eoin!!!!

No matter what map I look at it's called Londonderry , and will be as long as Ulster remains part of the Queens Kingdom! Calling it Derry only promotes violence!!!

No matter what map I look at it's called Londonderry , and will be as long as Ulster remains part of the Queens Kingdom! Calling it Derry only promotes violence!!!

It dosn't matter anyway because i'm not going their because them stupid republican idiots are rioting again.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Su Campu wrote: »

124887.gif

Great animation Su, how did you do it? Being trying to get that sort of effect for a long time!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BEASTERLY View Post

It dosn't matter anyway because i'm not going their because them stupid republican idiots are rioting again.

For heaven's sake, will you both please be quiet and stop being so combatitive please. :mad:
    This is the weather forum. Politics forum is that way >

• Advertisement

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    For heaven's sake, will you both please be quiet and stop being so combatitive please. :mad:
    This is the weather forum. Politics forum is that way >

Sorry it was him who started it though hes in real trouble now.

It dosn't matter anyway because i'm not going their because them stupid republican idiots are rioting again.:rolleyes:

Not again , whe will they realise , ulster is in the UK and that will never change! Typical!
    Sorry it was him who started it though hes in real trouble now.

:)

BACK ON TOPIC: All week there looked like being good storm potential on Saturday night , unfortunatly it's gone now , but next week is looking unsettled so ya never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭DougL

Impressive was not the word that came to mind as I stood cowering beside a wall at the bus stop this morning, trying (unsuccessfully) to avoid an absolute drenching. It was weird as it was quite warm.

Calm down guys!

Calm down guys!

C'mon DE , join in the fun;)

Great animation Su, how did you do it? Being trying to get that sort of effect for a long time!

Easy as pie using this

Cheers su campo. A new toy to play with!

Last night's frontal progress from ukmo fax analysis in animation:

anim_2247b006-9ed2-be54-59b5-2e6f179220af.gif

Deadly...:D

BTW, why is pie easy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Easy as pie using this

Curses!! Have spent the last couple of hours messing with this & will have to stay working til midnight to catch up on my writing.
    Cheers Su - 'tis only brilliant:D:D

Hey I didn't design the thing, I just found it myself this morning!!

And Pie be easy cos her momma were too.....knowhamsayin?

• Advertisement

Meanwhile......this is a very active-looking satrep for the middle of August...more suited to mid January instead.

LOC_20100820_1500.png

Advertisement