Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nasty weather tonight !

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Cheers su campo. A new toy to play with!

Last night's frontal progress from ukmo fax analysis in animation:

anim_2247b006-9ed2-be54-59b5-2e6f179220af.gif

fast moving front Deep:D

yes, thanks su for finding that. I am just nearing the end of my first Disney animated movie with it. Walt would be proud.

Genuinely though, iu have been looking all over net for something like this. There are other programs but none as good as that one. Looking forward to winter animations already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I'm glad I was of service! I just googled "gif animator" and that was the first hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Su Campu wrote: »
    I'm glad I was of service! I just googled "gif animator" and that was the first hit!

Ah but you knew what a gif was when us meres did not!

We are not worthy! anim_a6047973-1312-a9c4-f1cb-0c8be3cc9bc0.gif

on topic, witnessed some very dramatic cloud structures over towards Conammara earlier this evening when driving between Galway & Tuam. Autumn coming in fast! Just sorry I didn't have a camara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    fast moving front Deep:D

yes, thanks su for finding that. I am just nearing the end of my first Disney animated movie with it. Walt would be proud.

Genuinely though, iu have been looking all over net for something like this. There are other programs but none as good as that one. Looking forward to winter animations already

Looking forward to your twist on things via animation anyway Wolf! :D

Seriously though, just looking at those fax charts, I wonder how an occlusion, rather than a warm front, brought in such a warm overnight plume so to speak? I am not sure why the fax analysis would have this front down as an occlusion, as the event last night had all the hallmarks of a classic active warm front.

Anyone in the know care to explain this as it just seems a little confusing to moi.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Many thanks to everybody for your continued contributions, don't worry i am still reading, just lazy at times to log in and sort things out.

Many apoligies at sorting out your man, you won't need to worry about him for a month.

In fairness to all involved, enough is enough.

Thanks again,
    Matt

• Advertisement
Advertisement