Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-09-2008, 15:02   #1
panda100

Sluts/slappers/whores/homewreckers

Has anyone else been really pissed off by the unfair coverage of Sienna Miller in the media recently?

For all of you who dont know, Sienna Miller,a free and single actress, recently got together with a married man who has a family. So you'd think in this wonderful post-feminist era where women are 'supposedly' crashing through glass ceilings and can shag around like men, that the one who cheated on his wife and family would be branded horrible names.
But no, Sienna has been branded a homewrecker,slut,whore and every other awful name under the sun,while the man who dumped his wife and kids becomes the stud who gets of scott free.

And this unfair brandishing is not just confined to the media but also the consensus on our own boards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathal01 View Post
Sienna genuinely is a bit of a slut....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcgirl View Post
HomeRecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by MILF View Post
Hahaha, Sienna the Slag ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz View Post
Homewrecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by celticcutie View Post
She is a home wrecker! :
I ask, why oh why is it always the (innocent) women that always gets the blame for marriage breakdowns/splits etc.

Also I know a lot of men who shag around who have never once been called a slapper yet when us women do it we are automatically 'the town wheel',an 'easy lay' and a 'slut'.
Is anyone else just sick of these double standards society has for men and women?

Last edited by panda100; 04-09-2008 at 15:48.
Advertisement
04-09-2008, 15:05   #2
justsomebloke
Beards are cool!!!

Mod: Rugby
Fine them.......

crap actress

now are you happy
04-09-2008, 15:05   #3
Will
Closed Account

Because she is famous and people like to target famous people. I'm pretty sure it would be the same reaction if some high flying hollywood actor did the same.
04-09-2008, 15:09   #4
Ginny
Hosted Moderator

HMod: RC
Oh Good Jesus.
She had an affair with a married man, yes he is scum, but she a dodgy actress with a questionable relationship history.
She allegedly had an affair with Jude law when he was married,allegedly had an affair with Sean Combs while his girlfriend was pregnant, and now is having an affair with a married man with a child under one.
What does she expect? Of course she is going to get called names, Of course none of these men a better then pond scum, but there's one common thing in all of these affairs.
04-09-2008, 15:13   #5
stovelid
Closed Account

Got a fright there for a minute. I thought I had clicked through into the Celebrity and Showbiz forum by mistake. How could I live with myself?
Advertisement
04-09-2008, 15:20   #6
bealbocht

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyJo View Post
Oh Good Jesus.
She had an affair with a married man, yes he is scum, but she a dodgy actress with a questionable relationship history.
She allegedly had an affair with Jude law when he was married,allegedly had an affair with Sean Combs while his girlfriend was pregnant, and now is having an affair with a married man with a child under one.
What does she expect? Of course she is going to get called names, Of course none of these men a better then pond scum, but there's one common thing in all of these affairs.

bit of a trend forming there alright.., although anyone of those guys could rightfully be called a b'tard.. for doing the dirt.
Thanks from:
04-09-2008, 15:23   #7
panda100

Quote:

What does she expect? Of course she is going to get called names,.
These are all 'allegedly'. David Beckham has had numerous 'alledged' affairs yet comes out smelling like roses.Brad Pitt cheated on his wife yet It was Angelina Jolie who was branded a homewrecker..............but Im not going to get into a discussion on celebrities, this is a much broader disscussion and I was just using Sienna Miller here as an example.

So you think that women who sleep around deserve to be called names then?
04-09-2008, 15:26   #8
Nevyn
Closed Account

Clebs forum ?

Of is this about the nasty names women call other women ?
04-09-2008, 15:27   #9
Ginny
Hosted Moderator

HMod: RC
Panda you started a thread based on Sienna so I was replying to how Sienna is not as innocent as you may have painted her.
David Beckham did not escapre smelling of roses he was splashed all over the tabloids as was his wife at the time of his supposed affairs, as was Brad and Angelina.

Quote:
So you think that women who sleep around deserve to be called names then?
*Sigh*
Where did I say that?

Please don't selectively quote my remarks to remove the parts relating to how I viewed the men in the situation aswell.

Last edited by Ginny; 04-09-2008 at 15:30.
Advertisement
04-09-2008, 15:27   #10
Beetlebum
Closed Account

She knew he was married therefore she her behaviour is disgraceful. Regardless of how attracted I was to a man, if
he had a girlfriend/wife & kids then I'd have enough self control and morals to refrain from jumping into bed with him.
I hope the karma police get her and if she evers gets marries and has kids that her husband cheats on her. If that did
happen I bet Sienns would be the first to call the girl a slut!!

Equally or arguably more so, the man is a bastard too. He is married, he took vows, he is hurting way more people then she is.
Lets face it though, she is a beautiful young actress and I think most men would be tempted at least.
Thanks from:
04-09-2008, 15:38   #11
eveie

sienna is not innocent in this matter, she knowinly got involved with a marrid man, in my opinion these names shes been called are fine in fact id go as far as saying there not bad! i wouldnt like to hear what her mans ex wife would call her
04-09-2008, 15:39   #12
panda100

Quote:
David Beckham did not escapre smelling of roses he was splashed all over the tabloids as was his wife at the time of his supposed affairs, as was Brad and Angelina..
So you dont think there is a gender bias in society when It comes to naming people sluts and slappers?
That both men and women equally are branded with these types of derogatory names?

Quote:
Where did I say that?

Please don't selectively quote my remarks to remove the parts relating to how I viewed the men in the situation aswell.
You said "Of course she's going to get called names?"
I took that to presume that you felt unquestionably that she desrved to be called a slapper and a slut for her behaviour? What did you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveie View Post
sienna is not innocent in this matter, she knowinly got involved with a marrid man, in my opinion these names shes been called are fine in fact id go as far as saying there not bad! i wouldnt like to hear what her mans ex wife would call her
Ok I take the point that she's not a complete innocent and I understand thats what GinnyJo was trying to say.

Last edited by panda100; 04-09-2008 at 15:42.
04-09-2008, 15:44   #13
Iago

She knowingly slept with a married man. She has "allegedly" done so before in the past. Any woman who willingly goes to bed with a married or involved man deserves everything she gets.

Your OP asked "Was anyone else pissed off at the unfair coverage that Sienna Miller has received lately?"

I don't think it was unfair I think she completely deserves it to be honest. She's not innocent and it's not the sleeping around that bothers people it's the sleeping with involved men.

She could sleep with a different man every night of the week and not many people would bat an eyelid, it's the men she chooses to sleep with that are the problem.

edit:

Genuine question to all the ladies of the lounge, if she or any other woman slept with your partner would you call them any less?

Last edited by Iago; 04-09-2008 at 15:51.
04-09-2008, 15:49   #14
John Mason
Hosted Moderator

HMod: PFJ
you all only the one side of the story, there are four sides to this story.

1. The Husband
2. The Wife
3. The Sienna
4. The Tabloids who would print anything to sell papers

what happens in the above peoples lives is nothing to do with anyone else except them.

I get the feeling Panda might be the third person in a relationship and is feeling a little bit paranoid
04-09-2008, 15:51   #15
Dudess
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Lets face it though, she is a beautiful young actress and I think most men would be tempted at least.
I'm really sorry if I'm wrong Beetlebum, but that looks a little bit like you're excusing him - that this siren offered herself to him and he couldn't help it...

I agree with Panda. She's not objecting to the criticism of Sienna Miller, she's objecting to the way it's Sienna who's getting all the criticism, not Balthazar Getty.

Getting involved with a person whom you know is married is ****ty behaviour (generally - I think it would be best to look at each case individually) but it's the disproportionate doling out of abuse that's unfair. Both parties deserve it but in this case, it's the woman who's bearing the brunt far more. But then again, she is more well known than he is. However, he's the one married with four kids - seems very much like a homewrecker also.
It was the same with Rebecca Loos - she was the target of far more vitriol than Beckham was.

My gran (who's 91, a devout catholic and from a rural part of the west of Ireland, to be fair) says it's always the woman's fault. So one day, I tried to gently to point out that the man is also having the affair. She agreed... but insisted it was still always the woman's fault...

Last edited by Dudess; 04-09-2008 at 15:55.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion